PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Boye Needle Set!!

geminiwb
12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, my needles came today!! :happydance: :happydance:

Just had to share. My SO smiled and nodded so had to tell some one who would understand. Can't wait to start working with um!! :XY:

I put the throw I'm working on them right away that I was squishing onto straight needles. I can now really see what I've been working on for the last few days!! I'll put some pics up in my post in the What'sha Knitting board.

:happydance: :happydance:

Take Care All :D

-Wes

misstialouise
12-13-2005, 10:10 PM
YAY!

I remember how thrilled I was when I got mine.

I now have them spread over about 4WPO's.. LOL

Jenelle
12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Congrats! :D

How are they doing for you? I want a set for christmas, so hopefully Santa will bring me a set :P

vcuchica931
12-13-2005, 11:28 PM
I bought a set this weekend but i don't want to use them yet :shock: b/c my boyfriend is suppossed to be getting me a set of Denise's. I want to compare them first...but let me tell you, its hard not using them!!!!

Hope you are enjoying yours!

Angelia
12-14-2005, 12:26 AM
YAY! :cheering:

I love them! :inlove: :inlove: And don't forget to use the keys to help tighten the needles onto the cables--don't want your needles to fall off mid project :D (Just check the diagram that comes with the needles.)

InterNette
12-14-2005, 01:47 AM
No matter how many needles I have I am always missing the one I want at 9pm. I have to get one of these sets to make sure I have everything I need when I need it. Congrats, give us full use details. It seems to be such a smart purchase to make if you seriously knit.

benniesma
12-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Yay! I love my Boyes. I keep thinking that I should get a second set, just in case I need to use the same size for another project. I think DH would kill me though. :rollseyes:

Angelia
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Yay! I love my Boyes. I keep thinking that I should get a second set, just in case I need to use the same size for another project. I think DH would kill me though. :rollseyes:

Yeah...same here. The coupons and cheap sellers on ebay just don't help that much, do they? :(

You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I burst my pimples at you and call your door opening request a silly thing!

purlgrrl
12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Congratulations!! Enjoy them. I'm so in love with mine that I am also resisting a second set. ;) I love doing multiple projects or things like two sleeves of a sweater at once.

dustinac
12-14-2005, 09:50 AM
:cheering: Thats great I use mine for almost everything its hard going back to straight needles now cause I use them for scarves anything I can... :thumbsup:

tigger0229
12-14-2005, 10:04 AM
I love mine. I have two projects going on them now.

ebrperk
12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: my needlemaster set. I have used most of them already at some point. I have purchased extra cables at Hobby Lobby for them too. I would also like to have a second set of interchangable needles but I hope to get bamboo next time.

Robin

rebecca
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
:cheering: :cheering: YAY new knitting goodies are the BEST :heart:

geminiwb
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I used them all night and love them!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

SO had to remind me of the time (12:30 AM) and had to pry my hands of them to get me to bed.

Quick question: They are aluminum, but are they coated?? The reason I ask is that I had a pair of aluminum needles and they where really loud (clickity-clickity), but these are more quiet than the bamboo's that I have.

Anyway...Yeah :cheering: :cheering:

-Wes

kitkat
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I bought mine on Ebay for cheap cheap cheap. I have both Boyes and Denise, and like them for different projects (ie for a more slippery yarn I like the Denises, but for a stickier yarn I like the Boyes). I love Addi's of course, but they are just so spendy!!!!

I haven't had them loosen up on me....whew!