PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Stuff

wyoknitter
12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I just got my first Knitpicks order :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I feel like a real knitter ! I only order WOTA this time around...and I can't post a photo. It's a lot of yarn to fit in one picture ;) !! I ordered to make more bags and to try the FiberTrend clogs.

The delivery time was good....7 days.

I'm going to sit and play with color combos this afternoon...what fun :lol:

humblestumble
12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :XX: :XX: :XX: YEAY! I love looking at their yarn but have yet to order any - no job, no mula lol.

tigger0229
12-14-2005, 03:08 PM
CONGRATS!!!! :happydance:

rebecca
12-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Ahhhh....memories....I remember my 1st KP order........I'm still excited to get them :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
12-14-2005, 04:32 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

kemp
12-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Yay for you! Love me some WOTA ;)

MaryB
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
OOOOOHHHH a WOTA virgin!
Isn't great to open those packages! Love the possibilities of needles and yarn!

ENJOY!!! :cheering: :XX: :cheering: :XX: :cheering: :XX:

jsauer
12-14-2005, 06:23 PM
okay - i'm dense....what's WOTA??? :thinking: I'm trying, trying, trying to work it out for myself. something to do with not touching it before you buy it??? snort/laugh/embarrasment

kemp
12-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, unless you'd been here for a while you wouldn't know. :D

One of "our" favorite yarn sources is www.knitpicks.com and one of "our" favorite yarns there is Wool of the Andes. WOTA is the acronym.

wyoknitter
12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
and WOTA is so cool...I spent the afternoon imagining things to make with it...like clogs and bags and stuff

jsauer
12-15-2005, 10:23 AM
aaaahhhhhh, yes, Wool of the Andes - I do get the Knitpicks catalog and I like their site - I'm a relative newbie and haven't purchased yet from them but as soon as the Christmas projects are done and given out I will be starting on selfish projects, so perhaps then I will experience the joy that is Knitpicks. :D

rebecca
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I was an Elann alpaca virgin until my Secret Pal sent me this: It's a BEAUTIFUL deep eggplant, but my camera and/or the computer are not doing it justice AND it's so very, very soft :D I am going to make this (http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=107024) shawl with it! I love the yarn so much that I (naturally) had to order some more for hat & gloves ;)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/DSCN0078.jpg

mintdee
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
that is soo pretty rebecca!

Last night while I was working on my Irish Hiking scarf I decided that I need to get more Decadance after Christmas for matching gloves and a hat...I will blame it on you and your darn pretty matching sets :roflhard: