PDA

View Full Version : Buttonhole Bag

knitting4babybear
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
I have a 2 week long blog entry to edit and complete - but in the meantime I was so excited I HAD to post. :D

My BUTTONHOLE Bag!

Pre-felt...

Started 12/14, finished last night. I LOVE these. I could knit a million of these felted bags.

The yarn is Lamb's Pride Bulky - Lemondrop and Limeade. LOVE the Lamb's Pride. I did MAJOR damage after knitting with it a few rounds and bought a BUTTLOAD. :shock:

The Mod Squad was here - Photo Resized

Ingrid
12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Pretty! Can't wait to see it felted!

humblestumble
12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
wheres the button? :thinking:

rebecca
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I LOVE that bag!! The colors & colorwork is fabulous :cheering: :cheering:

tigger0229
12-16-2005, 03:26 PM
that is so pretty. love the colors too.

mintdee
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
That is beautious!! wonderful job :D

knitting4babybear
12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys!

What's cool about the "colorwork" (my , but that sounds official :happydance: ) is that it was an accident. It was the first time I was knitting with two strands held together. I started with just the yellow. As I cast on and saw the way the stitches were arranging themselves on the needles I was like: hhhhhheeeyyyyyyy! Well wouldjalookathat...I wonder what would happen if I......

Result? Colorwork. :cheering:

I love knitting. :heart: Nothing like unexpected rewards to make a girl's day. :happydance:

Can you believe the dang thing took me less than 48 hours to make and I'm proscrastinating with weaving in the ends??? :shifty:

ebrperk
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM
That is gorgeous. I love the colors it looks so springy reminding me of lemonade on a spring afternoon. Where is the pattern found? I can't wait to see how it looks felted.

Robin

Angelia
12-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh that is so cute!!! What a great summer vacation bag!

Pensguys
12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
My 8 yr old ds just walked by as I was looking at the picture....he said "Ooooh, I like that!"

I do too!!! So bright and Springy!!!

vcuchica931
12-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys!

What's cool about the "colorwork" (my , but that sounds official :happydance: ) is that it was an accident. It was the first time I was knitting with two strands held together. I started with just the yellow. As I cast on and saw the way the stitches were arranging themselves on the needles I was like: hhhhhheeeyyyyyyy! Well wouldjalookathat...I wonder what would happen if I......

Result? Colorwork. :cheering:

thats awesome! Way to be creative! The bag looks great! cant wait to see it felted!

Jan in CA
12-16-2005, 08:13 PM
What a cute bag! I can't wait to see it felted!

margie
12-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Love the bag!! I knew I would love it, even before I saw it- with colors like Lemondrop and Limade, it's gotta be cool!

Danielle
12-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I love that bag! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Where did you find the pattern?

dustinac
12-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Great bag and love the colors!!! :happydance:

knitting4babybear
12-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Thanks so much guys. I like it too. It is very springy. My SO saw it and very slowly said....

"Er....Whatchagonnawearthatwith?" :shifty:

:roflhard: I do think I'm gonna save it for spring/summer.

And the pattern is here: http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2005_01.html

Really good pattern...easyish to follow, and a good way for newbies to learn shaping as part of a project that doesn't really depend on it being done 100% perfect to be recognizable when it's done. I think I may have missed an decrease or two and left it, and it was no problem.

Really fun - I started another as a belated Christmas gift. :happydance: Different yarn, (some blue sky bulky that was far too thick for anything else) so it's like a brand new experience. :shock:

knitting4babybear
12-17-2005, 01:04 AM
My 8 yr old ds just walked by as I was looking at the picture....he said "Ooooh, I like that!"

I do too!!! So bright and Springy!!!

Aww that made my day. :cheering: Kids always know what they're talking about. :)

Pensguys
12-17-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm glad he could make you feel good! It is the cutest little bag! I can't wait to make one....add that to the list of future projects!! LOL

kitkat
12-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I am wondering how this would work with two strands worsted knitted together if you didnt have the LP Bulky available.....