PDA

View Full Version : OT: Christmas came early!

Silver
12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
DH bought my Christmas present early this year. He said it's because it wouldn't fit under the tree and he had no place to hide it. LOL

This is my first convection oven! I used it already to roast a chicken and make roasted veggies. OMG... sooooo yummy!

And the Ceramic Glass Cooktop?? I am thrilled beyond words!! My old range was such a POS, I swear it was ready for the dump 3 years ago. What a great gift!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Mer
12-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Oooh, looks fancy! :D

punkhippiemom
12-18-2005, 01:57 PM
:roflhard:
Stove? :thumbsup: good present!
I love it, it looks all clean and shiny and :inlove: sigh.....
Aren't the convection ovens the ones that cook super-evenly and super-fast???
I am so jealous...

and I see from the picture... is that a platewarmer in the back??? :shock:
niiiiiice....

jodstr2
12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
:inlove: :heart: congrats, Silver!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
12-18-2005, 02:29 PM
VERY VERY NICEY NICE!! :cheering:

Yvonne
12-18-2005, 02:35 PM
What a great gift!
I don't have a convection oven, but I do have the smooth ceramic cooktop and I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Worth every cent.

Jenelle
12-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow..... My mom and dad still have there stove from when they got married 20 years ago. :lol:

Congrats on getting it early! :D

Vendie
12-18-2005, 03:07 PM
oooh perty oven. do you love the ceramic cooktop? we got one of those (not convection tho) to replace our POS oven. Our old oven was sooo tempermental - if the front right burner worked at all, it was either on high or off. argh. i would've prefered gas, but since that would've taken extra work and $$ to set up, we went for a ceramic cooktop. Love it! Although, things seem to melt on the burners more easily (like the lid to the butter container...)

my dh said "she took a picture of her oven?"

i said, "but it's perty, look at all the buttons"

:rollseyes: and he's the cook in the family, you'd think he'd appreciate some thing like this.

brendajos
12-18-2005, 03:18 PM
lol did you remind him that we take pictures of our YARN!?!?!?

i love buttons!

feministmama
12-18-2005, 03:31 PM
lol did you remind him that we take pictures of our YARN!?!?!?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nice stove! Don't let anyone bring you down, be proud of yer new stove. STOVE PRIDE :cheering: :cheering:

Julie
12-18-2005, 03:45 PM
:cheering:

You know, I'm always kind of :?? when people dog on men for buying their wives appliances as gifts. I :heart: appliances! Lucky you!! :D

Ingrid
12-18-2005, 03:49 PM
So what if it's practical--it's a great one. I'd love a smooth topped range.

Silver
12-18-2005, 03:52 PM
What I don't understand are the women who don't like gifts like these. You can't get much more useful than a new stove for someone who loves to cook. I am THRILLED with it. And I LOVE DH for buying it! It just goes to show how much he knows me.

This gift ranks up there in the top 3 gifts from him.
1. is my truck. He got that for me for our 9th wedding anniversary.
2. is this stove.
3. is my diamond tennis bracelet which was last year's Christmas gift.

I :heart: my DH. :P

PS.. and yes, I took a pic of my stove. How else was I supposed to show it to y'all? :roflhard:

brendajos
12-18-2005, 03:56 PM
i was listening to the radio the other day and a guy was talking about his friend who is the world's worst gift giver....apparently this year he is giving his wife a battery charger and a whole bunch of rechargeable batteries. now while they MIGHT have their applications ( :shock: ) that is still pretty bad no matter how useful (no he wasn't getting her anything else!) a shiny perdy new stove i would definitely dig on though!

Ingrid
12-18-2005, 04:00 PM
The best gift I ever got was a remote starter for my car. I'm sincerely hoping I get one for the new car this year. I've been spoiled!

ebrperk
12-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I have a ceramic top stove also. It is wonderfully easy to clean up. Woo hoo. I have been blessed two new stoves in five years. Enjoy I will expect some baked goods after the new year. L :D

Robin

Cristy
12-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm very jealous--lucky you!

Jeremy
12-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Congrats on the new stove. Anything that makes life easier is a sure plus and especially if you love to cook. :thumbsup:

rebecca
12-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Girl...I KNOW you are so very, very happy!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Lonnie completely redid our kitchen with cabinets & appliances earlier this year and if you are even 1/2 as tickled as I was you are ECSTATIC!! LOL, I got all white, too ;)
Convection...WTG!! WTG, hubby :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance:

Jan in CA
12-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Very cool! We don't have a convection oven, but we do have a glass cooktop and it's so easy to clean!!

dustinac
12-18-2005, 10:02 PM
:happydance: Thats great!! We did have a smooth top and now we don't :( miss that smooth top so easy to clean although we were warned about sugar and items to that texture not to spill on it..

Angelia
12-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh I am so jealous. We're in an apt. right now and it has the cheapest, crappiest stove ever. Someday we'll be back in a house, and someday, I'll have the stove of my dreams...

In the meantime, I shall live vicariously through you, Silver :D

OH--but don't turn into my mother. She got some top of the line ceramic some such a couple of years ago and still won't cook on it--she grills practically everything. When asked why she won't cook on it, she says "but then it would get dirty." AArrrrgh!

punkhippiemom
12-19-2005, 01:58 AM
rofl .... You do have to be careful with sugar (on the glasstops :?? not sure about ceramic, is that any different) because they can reach such high temperatures that they fuse to the glass and can't ever be taken off... I had a little bit of a :shock: panic attack Thanksgiving because I slopped candied carrots all over the burner :doh: but I just got out my trusty razor blade and took care of it right away, and didn't have any problem!! :cheering:
...apparently this year he is giving his wife a battery charger and a whole bunch of rechargeable batteries.
:shifty: I was actually THRILLED to be the recipient of a charger and rechargeable batteries, because it's one of those things I've always wanted to get, but couldn't really justify spending the money on... ;) but then again, it was from my BIL, not my DH!! :thumbsup: he got me JEWELRY :inlove: :roflhard:

bubba
12-19-2005, 03:14 AM
We got one of those stoves about six months ago....I love ours too! The top is hot almost instantly and it's so easy to keep clean.

Congratulations on a great gift! You should have fun making all those Christmas cookies for Santa!!

pat.

brendajos
12-19-2005, 03:22 AM
...apparently this year he is giving his wife a battery charger and a whole bunch of rechargeable batteries.
:shifty: I was actually THRILLED to be the recipient of a charger and rechargeable batteries, because it's one of those things I've always wanted to get, but couldn't really justify spending the money on... ;) but then again, it was from my BIL, not my DH!! :thumbsup: he got me JEWELRY :inlove: :roflhard:

yeah but it was all she was getting from her hubby for christmas! :shock: and he was serious! :rollseyes:

i love putting gifts on my list like that that i wouldn't buy for myself normally but if it is something like that, it bettah not be the only thing i am gettin' ;)

last year my brother got me my quesadilla maker that i had been wanting for a long time but just felt silly buying for myself! i was so excited but i would never buy one since i can just as easily make quesadillas in a pan! LOVE it!! :D

MaryB
12-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Great Gift!! Tell me, Silver, have you tried cookies in the convection oven? I have almost the identical stove and I can't seem to convince myself that it is possible put three cookie sheets in the oven at the same time. Some old habits die hard!

earthchick
12-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Wow! :cheering: That's awesome!

bubba
12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Mary B.-

It's possible! We have also cooked two large family sized pizzas at the same time in less time than it normally takes to cook one in a normal oven......it's wonderful!

pat.

knitncook
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
What a great gift giver! My dh usually gives me a calendar, a gift card to some place, and a teapot/cup (one of those sets where the teacup supports a 1 cup teapot) I have so many of them and I never use them now that I have a tea difuser.

Silver
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Great Gift!! Tell me, Silver, have you tried cookies in the convection oven? I have almost the identical stove and I can't seem to convince myself that it is possible put three cookie sheets in the oven at the same time. Some old habits die hard!
Actually, I'll be baking cookies today... white sugar cookies, so if they bake unevenly, it will be obvious by any browning. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

MaryB
12-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm waiting! :oo: :oo:

How are the cookies?

Silver
12-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Erm.. I didn't have enough shortening, so I'll do them tomorrow. :(

Don't worry, I'm disappointed too. *long dramatic sigh*

itscryttle
12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
:happydance: what an excellent gift!!!