PDA

View Full Version : FO: Elegant Knit and Crochet Cardigan

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 11:12 AM
This is my first knitting FO that's clothing for me. I did all the knitting on it back in the summer when I got the RH Casual Cot'n on clearance at work. I seem to recall it was around my b-day so that's how I justified it to myself!!! You can see the pattern here (http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/yarn/womans_day_mag/lw1416.htm). I finally did the last of the crocheted edging and the seaming on Saturday before DH and I went out. It could still use a good blocking, but it looked good enough to wear that night. I also crocheted myself an evening bag for that night... since it's crocheted I won't bother posting it here, but if you're interested, I've got it up at my blog.

:cheering: YAY!!! I got the url link thingy to work! YAY!!! :cheering:
took me long enough... some geek I am! LOL

Debbie
12-20-2005, 11:50 AM
SO pretty! The sweater and you :)

KristiMetz
12-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Wow, what a gorgeous sweater! You look just beautiful in it too. I looked at your blog and your bag is cute. It must feel cool to have people ask you where you bought your cute stuff and then you can say "Oh, I made that" offhandedly.

kemp
12-20-2005, 12:01 PM
So pretty and just in time for the holidays!

margie
12-20-2005, 12:07 PM
What a beautiful sweater!! Looks like you got it at a fancy store. Great job! :thumbsup:

Julie
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
It's beautiful! :inlove:

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, what a gorgeous sweater! You look just beautiful in it too. I looked at your blog and your bag is cute. It must feel cool to have people ask you where you bought your cute stuff and then you can say "Oh, I made that" offhandedly.
:oops: Thanks for the compliments. I usually have a hard time accepting them, but this top *is* a masterpiece IMO... if for no other reason that I took a leap of faith that I *could* knit something to gauge, and to challenge myself to try something more difficult than scarves and dishcloths. After knitting this, I started on socks shortly after... the rest is history!
At work I usually have some portable project on the go, and am constantly being asked, "whatcha workin' on now?" when a new one appears in my bag. The dept. mgr. for the Fabric and Crafts dept. at work is always stunned by the stuff I make... she keeps teasing me that I don't do ANYTHING at home other than knit and crochet! :roflhard: My answer is what else am I gonna do when I can't sleep during the day???

InterNette
12-20-2005, 01:13 PM
OMG that is so pretty. You should get that posted in magazine. I could only hope to do something so elegant. What is yor next project?

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 02:45 PM
OMG that is so pretty. You should get that posted in magazine. I could only hope to do something so elegant. What is yor next project?
Thanks! You guys are all making my head swell. Good thing this isn't a pullover or else I'd be in big trouble!

My next project along these lines is the Skacel yarn ad sweater. You all probably know the one. You open up nearly any knitting magazine and there it is... the one with the big circle for the front of the sweater! I'm doing it in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {denim and cream}. I've got the first sleeve posted on my blog. I'll be getting into it fully right after Christmas. I'm hoping to have it done by Easter... ummm... when *is* Easter next year??? :thinking: :roflhard:

itscryttle
12-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Its beautiful!!! Great job!!!

earthchick
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
GORGEOUS!!! :cheering:

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Exquisite! It is beautiful and it fits you wonderfully, too. :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Beautiful!! It looks wonderful on you :D :cheering: :cheering:

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Exquisite! It is beautiful and it fits you wonderfully, too. :cheering: :cheering:
Oh wow! I feel like I've finally made it... I got the "Ingrid Seal of Approval". I wonder if this is how Carrie Fisher felt... 'you like me... you REALLY like me!' :roflhard:

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 06:08 PM
:roflhard: Ingrid Seal of Approval :roflhard: Silly girl! And I think it was Sally Field, BTW.

nicolethegeek
12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
:roflhard: Ingrid Seal of Approval :roflhard: Silly girl! And I think it was Sally Field, BTW.
Hey... after looking through your photo album at your FOs... I'm very flattered at your approval of my top! I'd say that the ISA is a very prestigious level to attain... kinda like ISO 9000 ratings for companies... :roflhard: Nicole the Geek! Now ISA 2005 approved! :roflhard:

And I was killing myself here trying to remember which one it was... SF or CF that said that... all I could remember was a cheesy actress from the 70s... took a crapshoot and came up snake eyes. :(

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
ISA!! I even have official initials, too! Woohoo! There are so many wonderful knitters around here--not just me by any means, but thank you just the same.

Jan in CA
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
That is a gorgeous sweater and you look beautiful in it!

rorygilmore
12-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I love it! I can't wait to make something other than scraves!!

KellyK
12-21-2005, 09:39 AM
NICOLE ITS WONDERFULLL!!! I only HOPE one day to make a sweater that fits me so well! :cheering:

nicolethegeek
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I love it! I can't wait to make something other than scraves!!
Well this was my first project that wasn't a dishcloth or scarf or something along those lines. Only the most basic of knitting skills were needed for making this. I have excellent crocheting skills, so the edging and such didn't faze me a bit.
NICOLE ITS WONDERFULLL!!! I only HOPE one day to make a sweater that fits me so well! :cheering:
Thanks KK. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but it's a tad short in the body and sleeves, but I'm expecting it to grow a little once I wash it. It's actually a very basic top knitting-wise, and I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

Jenelle
12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
That is soo beautiful!!! :inlove:

Angelia
12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
That is lovely! And you do look lovely in it! :thumbsup:

Knitting is all about just doing it...sorry, Nike.

Mer
12-21-2005, 07:26 PM
So pretty! It's very elegant.

Cristy
12-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Very Nice!!