PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?!

mintdee
12-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I was not going to knit anyone anything for Christmas this year since I am still new to it. WELL... I just finished Grammy's scarf, I am making my mom a couple face cloths and My dh just talked me into making his mom a scarf. :doh: I think that I have lost it completely.

:roflhard:

KellyK
12-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Crazy? Why? What's wrong with all that? :?? I dont get it!

Ellen Edwards
12-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey--I think anyone would love to knw you spent your precious time and talent on a gift for them!! I just got back ito knitting last year--and I'm constantly ripping out mistakes, but I still am giving some knitted gifts, and WISH I would have started early enough to give everyone in our families one. Next Christmas, I hope to be able to say, "I've got all my Christmas gifts made!" by Dec.25th. :happydance:

mintdee
12-22-2005, 02:04 AM
:shifty: At least I am not the only one

:roflhard:

Jenelle
12-22-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm making ALOT of knitting gifts for people. Next year I hope to move on from dish cloths and scrubbies onto poncho's and scarves. haha.. but that's just me. I made about 3 wash cloths now, 1 scrubbie, 1 chewing cloth, and... one crocheted baby hat but that's it.....

I went and bought everyone something though. I just thought that making knitted gift would bring them more love than what the bought gifts do :)

margie
12-22-2005, 07:31 AM
Mintdee, it is a knitted Christmas at this house!! I love the fact that I made gifts for everyone, but I think it will be funny on Christmas day when everyone is opening their gifts. I can see them saying "So, what did Margie make YOU?" My mom, dad, brother, sister, brother--in-law and grandmother are all getting things I've made. :cheering:

knitncook
12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I finished my niece's hat yesterday and thought, "I still have 3 more days. I could whip out one of those cable banded hats by Christmas." :?? You're not crazy. You are hooked! It's part of the addiction.