PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Treyfrd
12-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Greetings all, I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who have made this site what it is. THANK YOU!

I severly sprained (I severed one of the tendons completely) and broke my right thumb about a month ago. I lost balance on my bycycle, my primary method of transportation, and crashed. I had started knitting about 2 months prior to my accident, and had just finished my first project a harry potter scarf (http://knit.atypically.net/scarves/hogwarts/pattern.shtml) and it turned out very nicely for a first knit (or so I've been told).

Then the accident happened and I thought I would never knit again. I've been trying off and on over the past few weeks, but everything I did came out looking funny because I was trying to hold the yarn in my right hand and I just couldn't do it. I kept getting discouraged and giving up. Well, I finally got the inspiration to make a stocking to go under my splint, so I don't have to wear this bland nasty thing that they gave me for it. I tried to learn to use my left hand to hold the yarn, but it wasn't looking right. I googled "how knit 2 purl 2" and this site was 3rd down from the top. I started watching the videos on this site and I realized that I was working the yarn backwards and upside down :doh:.

So, thank you to the community here for making this site what it is and allowing an almost ex-knitter another chance.

Expect to see more of me around!

Ingrid
12-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Welcome!! You are proof that even with a broken thumb, the knitting must go on! :thumbsup: Come on in and pull up a chair! ;)

brendajos
12-24-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah another boy!!! Welcome!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Tamar Dohel
12-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Welcome Treyfrd!

I agree with you - this site is the BEST!

Enjoy,

Tamar

KellyK
12-25-2005, 12:25 PM
*KK wiggles quick-healing voodoo fingers atcha*

Glad you joined us, Trey!

kayeknit
12-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Hello there!! Welcome! Glad to hear that you're getting back to your needles. I had a bicycle accident also (August). (Didn't hurt my hands.) Just curious, do you plan to ride again? I am just now beginning to consider it, but IF I do, it won't be until spring... :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-25-2005, 05:31 PM
IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to have you!!!

Jenelle
12-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome! :D

dustinac
12-25-2005, 06:43 PM
:happydance: Welcome to the forum!!

Treyfrd
12-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Hello there!! Welcome! Glad to hear that you're getting back to your needles. I had a bicycle accident also (August). (Didn't hurt my hands.) Just curious, do you plan to ride again? I am just now beginning to consider it, but IF I do, it won't be until spring... :D

Of course I do, I love riding my bike. I feel like the world is a lot more open to me when I'm riding versus driving in my car. The accident was stupid anyway, I was going a little too fast on a narrow sidewalk, so...yeah.

Angelia
12-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Welcome!! :waving:

I'm so happy that you're not letting something like a broken thumb prevent you from knitting! :cheering: :cheering:

Is that you in the photo? If so, has anyone ever told you you look like Peter Tork (http://www.monkees.net/petert.htm) from the Monkees? (That's not an insult, btw!)

Actually, I'll bet no one has, since, well, who remembers the Monkees....

KellyK
12-26-2005, 09:11 AM
MEEEEE!!!!! :cheering: I REMEMBER THE MONKEES! I can sing every song on their Greatest Hits album, which I once owned on 8-track tape. :mrgreen:

Angelia
12-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Yes! 8-track! :thumbsup:

We had the Monkees, too. And Neil Diamond! :rofling: :rofling:

Treyfrd
12-26-2005, 09:37 AM
HAHA! I've gotten quite a few "HEY! You look like *insert famous person*!" but I've never gotten that one. I have to agree with you, though. That picture of me definitely makes me look like him.

amy
12-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Welcome Trey!!

Glad to hear you're still knitting! And TYPING too, welcome to the forum!
:cheering:

Andrea
12-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Welcome!! :waving: Nice to have you!

I :heart: the Monkees, Angelia...my personal fav is "I'm Gonna Buy Me a Dog" Peter is my favorite Monkee