PDA

View Full Version : Knitty Gifts--what'd you get?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-25-2005, 05:28 PM
So, since we all know it's *really* about presents and how then can perpetuate our obsession... uhh, HOBBY :shifty: I thought it would be fun to see what knitty/crafty presents everyone received for the winter holidays we all celebrate :-)

IIIIIIIIIII got....
1. The Knitting Experience "the knit stitch" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893762130/ref=pd_bxgy_text_b/103-4476138-4728645?%5Fencoding=UTF8) (great since I already have 2 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893762149/ref=pd_sim_b_2/103-4476138-4728645?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155) and I hink someone else got me 3 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933064021/ref=pd_bxgy_text_b/103-4476138-4728645?%5Fencoding=UTF8)
2. The Knitting Answer Book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580175996/qid=1135544860/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4476138-4728645?n=507846&s=books&v=glance) (this is AWESOME!)
3. The stitch and Bitch Design journal (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0761138331/qid=1135545222/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4476138-4728645?s=books&v=glance&n=283155=) which I already own! So I'll be exchanging it for The 2006 Knitting Pattern a day Calendar (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579392105/qid=1135545275/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-4476138-4728645?s=books&v=glance&n=283155)
4. A Hugamola $50 cift certificate for Knitpicks!!! (http://knitpicks.com/) (yippeee!!!)

And the best gift for any knitter....
Knitting a last minute hat for an emergency gift and having EVERYONE say "ooo, can you make me one too!!!" :cheering:

Jenelle
12-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Ohhh lets see....

I got:
sizes 13 and 5 24in circulars
Knitting loom(I have no idea what it is :shock: )
4 pairs of what appears to be size 2 bamboo knitting needles
sizes 9 and 11 straight knitting needles
And lastly, two skeins of yarn in a pretty green color and then in a multi color

I also got some crochet hooks(verrrry nice ones too) in plastic and steel ones to make doilies and other things. I was actually pleased about this... but I'm still trying to figure out what in the world and knitting loom is and how to use it :shock:

I hope everyone had a merry christmas! :cheering: :D

partydiva
12-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Well I didn't get anything :( . I guess I started to knit too late after names were exchanged and gifts were already purchased. I had a hard enough time trying to get my family into craft stores to buy me gifts so all of my gifts were kitchen related.

Thanks for the links on the books though. Hopefully by next year I will have nicely made gifts for my friends and family, even if they are all scarves :cheering: . I may be able to convince somebody to buy me some books online though, that seemed to work this year.

CateKnits
12-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Dad ordered me the pattern a day calendar, but it's been backordered for weeks. I'll get it eventually, though, and then I'll get to catch up. :D

nicolethegeek
12-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what in the world and knitting loom is and how to use it :shock:
I think I've seen a thread here once about them, and I know I've seen several threads at Crafster about it. Try doing a Google for "Knifty Knitter" and see what comes up.

Jenelle
12-25-2005, 07:01 PM
I think I've seen a thread here once about them, and I know I've seen several threads at Crafster about it. Try doing a Google for "Knifty Knitter" and see what comes up.

Thanks Nicole! I will try that. It came with a book, but I'm still confused :oops:

susies1955
12-25-2005, 07:06 PM
I got the book Knitting School, a ball winder and a $25 gift card to Joann's. :)
My non knitting gifts is a Janome 300 Embroidery Machine and tons of supplies. :)
Susie

KellyK
12-25-2005, 07:12 PM
I got a LYS GC from my Secret Santa at work..... that's it. :(

misstialouise
12-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I am getting the Sensational Knitted Socks book <YAY!>. We had to order it from Amazon, so it will get here around mid-Jan.. :D

I have been eyeing off the SnB design book, but I don't think he got the hint.. lol.. :D

margie
12-25-2005, 07:33 PM
My DH and sons got me 4 skeins of sock yarn, a needle sizer thingy, the 365 knitting stitches a year calendar, the Yarn Harlot book, and each of my boys picked out a skein of yarn for me. They both chose a kind of eyelash type fun-furrish thing- one is orange/yellow, the other blue.

One of the women that I babysit for gave me $50, with the directions that it is to be used at the yarn store, for a project to make for myself. I think I can do that!! :cheering:

brendajos
12-25-2005, 07:50 PM
i got my denise needles and one of the things i am getting with my christmas money is the Pink Tweed Jordana Paige bag.

My mother's note in the check said "I would like you to save half, XX for car payments (she knows i want to just pay it off), and the rest is for yarn."

umm....i have a very good ability to buy yarn but the number she has in her head is even more than i can spend on one trip! silly momma!

oooh and i will be hitting the Personal Threads sale at lunch on Tuesday with some of the money too!

Ingrid
12-25-2005, 07:50 PM
I got a $100 for my LYS. It will be used during their January sale! :happydance:

Vendie
12-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I got SOCK YARN!! The simple stripes sampler from KP, some Essential in black, the Magic Loop and Socks Soar on 2 Circular Needles books, and three sets of bamboo dpns - all from my mommy!! DH had already given me my gift of 2 pairs of Lantern Moon needles. I's a happy knittin girl!

tab
12-25-2005, 07:57 PM
! got 3 pounds of yarn. :heart: :heart: Mill ends of Patons Allure, I think. Feels very nice and squooshy. I also got an excited little brother when I gave him the HP scarf, which I finished minutes before he arrived.

nicolethegeek
12-25-2005, 08:56 PM
I didn't get anything knitting {or crafting} related. :crying: I'm hoping to cure that tomorrow. I'm gonna ask DH to meet me at work when we open at 7 {since I work tonight :( }, pick up a package of price wrap and tape for next year, some new rechargable batteries since our old ones won't hold a charge, and a bunch of Christmas yarn. Then I want to drag him over to Rams and see if I can still get that set of Denise's he was looking at. If nothing else, I'd like to get myself a 12" 4.5 mm Addi circ to make the youngest a mini-HP scarf, a thrummed mittens kit, wool for felting, and maybe a FT pattern or three. :D

Contiknitter Kelly
12-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I got (myself... hee hee) a personalized t-shirt. This is it right here. http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_5/id_9920906/opt_/fpt_/c_1/hlv_t
I love it!
I got my friend Margot one too.

itscryttle
12-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Well... I got the knitters Bible! But it came a couple of weeks ago seperately and I opened it and didn't realize it was a gift from my mother in law. So althought I have had it for a couple of weeks now it was one of my gifts.

I bought MYSELF some circ needles yesterday 8-)

knitbebe
12-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Yipee! I got my Denise Interchangeable needles! DH made me open them last. *I've opened my pretty box several times today to pet my needles--like it was a new puppy. :lol:

I was hoping for a whopping certificate from knitpicks--but, didn't get one. Instead DH got me a $50 gift certificate for Barnes & Noble! :happydance: So, I'll buy some knitting books and sneak in a couple of balls of yarn after christmas. so, all & all I got everything I wanted ;)

knitbebe

Julie
12-26-2005, 12:12 AM
I got the 2006 pattern-a-day calendar (a few weeks ago actually!), Nicky Epstien's Knitting Over the Edge, a Circular Solutions circular needle organizer, some stitch holders and yarn bobbins (in my stocking :mrgreen:), and two gift certificates to a great LYS that just happens to be having a huge sale this week! :happydance:

But actually...my best gift was the one at the top of my list...a GPS unit! We're goin' geocaching! Woo!! :D

ecuzzacrea
12-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Well... I got the knitters Bible! But it came a couple of weeks ago seperately and I opened it and didn't realize it was a gift from my mother in law. So althought I have had it for a couple of weeks now it was one of my gifts.

me too!

i can't stop looking at it today. :inlove:

how do you like it?

brightspot
12-26-2005, 01:52 AM
I bought myself the pattern a day calendar (and put it away in case no one else bought it for me :mrgreen: ) My dds got me a giant bright yellow skein of red heart that they found on the clearance aisle because it lost its label (and they wanted me to make them each socks out of it :D )
DH got me a big footstool box to keep my wips in. I think he is tired of seeing them stacked up by my chair :shock: The pile isn't that big!! Hey, I have ADD, I need to have several? projects going at once to keep me interested :D Besides this way I can clean out some of my stash faster to get more yarn. I have absolutely no more room to cram one more skein into that closet. Lately I have been using a footstool that my mom brought when she moved here to store my knitting in (I sort of took it over :angelgrin: ) Anyway, she is going to move to her own house shortly so I really needed my own box. I was very excited to see it!!

beldaraan
12-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I got (myself... hee hee) a personalized t-shirt. This is it right here. http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_5/id_9920906/opt_/fpt_/c_1/hlv_t
I love it!
I got my friend Margot one too.

I :heart: it!!!!

I didn't get anything crafty for Christmas, but I was at the lys shortly before to get yarn for dh's hat and I will be going again when she opens to get 1.25mm (0000 US) needles.

Jan in CA
12-26-2005, 02:58 AM
I got The Knitter's Bible (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0715317997/ref=wl_it_dp/104-3934834-7341502?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=9PJPLPDK90T8&coliid=I2BS83EMDWN7S9&v=glance&n=283155), Yarn Harlot (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0740750372/ref=wl_it_dp/104-3934834-7341502?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=9PJPLPDK90T8&coliid=I2VRXES8YFK9HK&v=glance&n=283155), The Knitter's Companion (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1883010136/ref=wl_it_dp/104-3934834-7341502?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=9PJPLPDK90T8&coliid=I28MJWQT4ACILH&v=glance&n=283155), a needle case (http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$M33KUWAAABDYYP4SY5LRHOR50 LD3UEPO?CATID=82324&PRODID=80811), a big rolling thingy for yarn storage, a needle sizer, size 9-24 in circs, stitch holders and a counter. Oh and also a subscription to Knitter's Digest. I think that might be aka Creative Knitting because when I looked it up that is the pages it took me, too. Not sure though. The only other thing I REALLY wanted was an interchangeable set, but I'll get that soon anyway.

carollovesyarn
12-26-2005, 05:48 AM
I did pretty well - the only things I didn't get were the plastic tote bins for storage and I forgot to ask for wool carders and comb, but my birthday's coming up in February ;)

Most of the stuff I got I asked for:
elann sample subscription
Interweave Knits subscription :D
scissors sheath

Thru the yarn co-op group I bought myself: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop, Knitting from the Top, and A Treasury of Knitting Patterns. :study:

The surprise was the Gingher embroidery scissors with chintz painted handles - so cute! :heart:

Mom and I went shopping online at Wild String because they're having a 50% off sale and we both got a Bag Smith kit (FUN!) and I got a couple skeins of Fiesta La Boheme. :cheering:

So many goodies and we're going down to see grandma in January for late Christmas, so hopefully she'll give me something knittish. I finished her flower face cloths, now I have to finish her purse (!) - simple pattern at least. I wanted to make some soaps, but I may have to settle for buying some pretty ones.

Carol

Ronda
12-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Based on YOUR recommendations, I asked for and received Sensational Knitted Socks! I asked for that Stitchionary book that, I think, Ingrid mentioned. DH could not find that, so he got me Vogue Knitting - The Ultimate Knitting Book. I'm not sure if I'll try to exchange it or keep it. DH also got me a gift certificate to my LYS. I received money from my in-laws, and I'm thinking it's going to be spent mostly on KNITTING "stuff." :heart:

Ellen Edwards
12-26-2005, 08:08 AM
DH and I were so blessed to be with my son and his wife and their little David in Alabama. DH gave me The Knitters Bible, which I had wanted a long time, and the Readers Digest Complete Knitting, and DS and DD-I-L and David gave me The 2006 Knitting Calendar (A PATTERN A DAY!!!) And last but not least, the also gave me the Vogue Knitting Quick Reference ! And i got some nifty non-knitting items too. But those knitting books were just the ones mentioned and put on the list I was asked to write!!

This year,though, DD-i- L and I wanted to make DS's
Christmas somewhat more special than everyone else's (even the 16 month old!!). DSs so thoughtful and generous and every year since he's been working down here in Alabama he's given so much to all of us. When I turned 50 - 6 years ago- he gave me a a fully loaded Mazda 929, because we lived 600 miles away, and he knew how lonesome I'd be if I couldn't see them a few times a year at least!! We had just lost our 31 -year-old daughter the year before, and I was still very depressed--still in shock, really. Then just last year, he gave me a brand new computer,( he gave me my very first computer when he and his wife moved down here so we could e-mail and IM one another.) But it had grown very old and had no burner and wasn't worth up-grading, almost NO memory and supposedly coudn't have a CD burner added on to it . Then, last year when DS bought a new vehicle, they gave Dh the '99 pick-p truck DS had been driving and he took their older other vehicle to drive to work everyday!! It's a good bit older than the truck, but he knew his dad's work truck was about to die . So you see-as I told you, seriously--at 33, he's a truly a giving, loving son, husband and dad-- and great guy ( and he's handsome too!!!!)

So he got a Sirius satellite radio and subscription for elenty million stations from DIL, and his dad and I gave him an mp3 player that holds about 8-900 songs, and DIL's mom gave him a huge encyclopedia about college sports

I'm am really sorry for rambling on, :rollseyes: --but I couldn't help but share this. We can't begin to count the number of things he's done for us and hiswife's mother+. He even pays his grandmother's (my mother's) rent... DD-I--L sends her a check the first of each month. He's really very special to both of us, naturally, like everyone's son is to them!!

God bless children, huh!! :heart: :heart:

Angelia
12-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I ordered yarn before Christmas, so the dh said that counted toward my Christmas gift. :rollseyes: I was hoping for a GC but didn't get one.

The dh did order a knitting book for me; I don't know what it is because it hasn't arrived yet, and he won't tell me. I'm pretty sure it's something by EZ.

I got the pattern-a-day calendar from my best friend.

Knitting-wise, Christmas was a bit lean!

Quietheart
12-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I am very new to knitting and just learned the past 2-3 months how to use dpns so I could make a friend of mine a pair of baby socks for her soon-to-be-born grandaughter. They were my most prized possession in knitting so far. Well I gave them to her long ago to send to her daughter, she was absolutely amazed at how tiny they are , the perfect gussets etc.
Well I opened my gifts last night and in one of them was these tiny tiny yellow baby socks FRAMED in a gorgeous shadowbox frame!
She framed them for me!
I thought it was the sweetest gift ever!

Kath

Angelia
12-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh how sweet! :heart: :heart:

brendajos
12-26-2005, 11:15 AM
ooooooooooh i forgot to mention my cute little momma got me this too....she said "i know it's not boyds bears but i thought you would like it anyway." hehehe

i am not sure if you can tell what it says on that bag but it says "knitting is my bag" and her name is Mrs. Knitter and the cat's name is Pearl.

I usually hate bears that are holding things but the thought was so sweet i can't help but love her!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/pearl.jpg

Emeraldcutie
12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Could someone kindly post the link to the calender everyone got. I found a couple of knitting ones, but with only one or two patterns.
I like to shop at amazon if they have it.

Ingrid
12-26-2005, 01:06 PM
I got mine here. (http://www.calendars.com/xq/asp/TID.%7BBE9B65E8-7AE2-48ED-95B2-CB7C100C2700%7D/PID.1/MGID.-1/IID.22376/qx/product.htm)

Jan in CA
12-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Awww that little bear is adorable!

Lindsey H
12-26-2005, 02:36 PM
I got 2006 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar from dh, a $50 gc to Knit Picks from mom and a $50 Barnes & Noble gc from fil to be used on knitting books. I know I am going get The Sweater Workshop I'm not sure about the rest.

rebecca
12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Looks like everyone had a very Knitty Christmas :D :cheering: :cheering: I certainly did, too! I got 2 pattern a day calendars (LOL, my fam knows me well) and my youngest gave me the CUTEST kit for knitting puppie couture called "Posh Pooches" & it came with a pair of size 9 needles with pups on the ends of the needles!! I'm afraid that Barnes & Noble doesn't have a photo online & I took soooo many pics yesterday that my battery is dying so I dare not try to upload the photos! She, of course, put in a request for a too cute dress with a lovely ribbon for her cat (loves to wear clothes!). And the rest of my knitting Christmas gifts will come from my hubby when we go vacationing :D
We had a GREAT Day!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Angelia
12-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Yay, Becka! Those needles sound adorable! And please post a pic of the cat in the dress! :rofling:

And that Mrs. Knitter! Adorable! Why isn't her cat named "Purl" instead of "Pearl," I wonder....

Oh, the dh told me today that the book he ordered, which might one day actually arrive, is The Sweater Workshop. I'd forgotten all about asking for that one!

liznwillow
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
I got a YARN SWIFT!!! :happydance: From my BROTHER of all people! I was floored! He drew my name for the gift exchange this year (we do a Secret Santa thing) and I had included on my list of wishes a yarn swift. Well, I also included a GC from our LYS... so, he figured it out to go to the LYS and ask them what the heck a Yarn Swift was and they just happened to have some in stock! Now I have to buy some yarn so I can use it. :lol:

AND - from one of my daycare parents, I got a GC to my LYS! I'm so excited!!

Angelia
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh wow, Liz! Yay for you!!!

:cheering: :cheering:

jodstr2
12-26-2005, 04:07 PM
I got the pattern a day calendar.

Arugula
12-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I got the Boye Needlemaster from MIL-I was floored, she doesn't usually spend that much on a single gift. She also gave me a couple pattern booklets that I am returning (not to my taste). A friend got me 4 skeins of of NOBO yarn (from WalMart, I told her I wanted yarn and she got what she could afford). It is really soft but it is teal and I am wondering what to do with it, I could make a scarf but I have about 50 already. I am wondering if it is too girly for my boys? Anyway, that is it, but we don't receive many gifts so not bad.

Andrea
12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
:cheering: I had a wonderful knitted Christmas:

1. $50 gift certificate to my LYS
2. $25 Knit Picks G.C.
3. Knit Bits calendar (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0740752642/qid=1135635218/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6659613-5110445?n=507846&s=books&v=glance)
4. Ball winder(!)
5. umbrella swift(!)
6. Pink tweed Jordana Paige bag (http://www.jordanapaige.com/messengerbag_tweed.html) (!!!!!still waiting for this to get shipped!!!!)
7. $25 Michaels G.C. from Secret Santa at work

My best friend and I exchange tomorrow night, and I got her a bunch of knitting stuff and I'm assuming she did the same for me since we both learned this year!

wrchili
12-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I got a boyle interchangeable needle set (I asked for denise, but that's okay I'm not picky), a case to hold my straight needles, Stitch and Bitch Nation, and some yarn (nothing fancy, but enough to make something with) :D

Jan in CA
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I A friend got me 4 skeins of of NOBO yarn (from WalMart, I told her I wanted yarn and she got what she could afford). It is really soft but it is teal and I am wondering what to do with it, I could make a scarf but I have about 50 already. I am wondering if it is too girly for my boys? Anyway, that is it, but we don't receive many gifts so not bad.

Maybe you could make chemo caps with it or something?

Jax3303
12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
My best friend got me a rolling yarn tote, my sister got me a $25 GC to JoAnns, and best of all, my mom got me a set of Denise Interchangables! :heart: :XX:

Knitlee
12-26-2005, 07:17 PM
My sister gave me the best knitting bag. It is huge. It has pockets in the front and back for skeins and holes in the bag to feed the yarn through to keep it organized. :happydance: My mother got me a subscription to Vogue Knitting and the perpetual knit stich calender. :XX:

Angelia
12-26-2005, 07:19 PM
What's the perpetual knit stitch calendar?! That sounds great!

( Actually, all of the gifts sound great! :inlove: )

brendajos
12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I A friend got me 4 skeins of of NOBO yarn (from WalMart, I told her I wanted yarn and she got what she could afford). It is really soft but it is teal and I am wondering what to do with it, I could make a scarf but I have about 50 already. I am wondering if it is too girly for my boys? Anyway, that is it, but we don't receive many gifts so not bad.

Maybe you could make chemo caps with it or something?

That's an excellent idea! also maybe you could make a hat or scarf for her too. She probably picked the color because she liked it so giving it back would likely be something she would truly appreciate! :thumbsup:

Andrea
12-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I also got a subscription to Creative Knitting!! :cheering:

Racerkatie
12-26-2005, 09:47 PM
I got a ball winder from my friend (I made FT Clogs for his children -- which they were both thrilled with) and my DH and Brother conspired to get me a yarn swift. :cheering:

CateKnits
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
I just got a box of sock yarn! Yaaaay!

humblestumble
12-27-2005, 02:00 AM
I got yarn : Homespun, red heart luster sheen, bernat softee baby, some unknown yarn (no label), red heart amore

And I got books:

Scarves and Shawls from Knitter's mag
Folk hats by vicki square
Medtations for women who knit too much
and
the book of handy patterns

And a desk knitting calendar from half price books for 2006, I really want the other calendar too tho, looks so nifty!

:cheering: I'm so happy with what I got!

This is the majority of what I got this year lol. MUCH different from last year.

Pensguys
12-27-2005, 10:17 AM
I got a gift certificate to the LYS!!!!!

Danielle
12-27-2005, 11:04 AM
I got 4 books:
Stitch n' Bitch
25 Bags to Knit
Hollywood Knits Style
Felted Knits

:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

knitncook
12-27-2005, 11:20 AM
I posted my yarn collection in my "what do I do with it" thread. I did get 3 pair of bamboo circulars, but 2 of them I already have and I'm wondering do I really need 10.5's when I have 10's and 11's. :?? Anyway, I also recieved a $25 gift card to Jo-Ann.

jodstr2
12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Could someone kindly post the link to the calender everyone got. I found a couple of knitting ones, but with only one or two patterns.
I like to shop at amazon if they have it.

pattern a day calendar (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579392105/qid=1135698426/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9948978-7574314?n=507846&s=books&v=glance)

brendajos
12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
lay them side by side....there is a definite difference! you can probably get by with it if you are willing and able to adjust for gauge whenever 10.5's are required.

jodstr2
12-27-2005, 11:49 AM
What's the perpetual knit stitch calendar?! That sounds great!

( Actually, all of the gifts sound great! :inlove: )

365 perpetual knit stitch calendar (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1564774325/ref=pd_bxgy_text_b/104-9948978-7574314?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

Angelia
12-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks, Jodi!

I'm pretty sure I NEED this calendar....

Holly
12-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I got the knit pattern a day calendar from my Godchild, and my SIL got me the Knitting Without Tears book by Elizabeth Zimmerman. (I took my EZ book and a glass of wine and hid away in a corner on Xmas day reading my book and calendar!)

Angelia
12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Yay for you, Holly! :thumbsup: That's just fantastic! :D

Jaxhil
12-27-2005, 01:48 PM
well, technically we don't celebrate christmas-but my parents gave me some $$ (what am I gonna say, no thanks!? (so glad its cash, not a GC :D ) and so I ordered 6 sets of Addi Turbo circs from Jeff in Wonderland-WOO HOO!!!! I can't wait to get them!! Not a bad price, not bad at all-this was including shipping! i think i had to pay a buck or so over for the S/H
:cheering:

it sounds like everyone got some great gifts, happy knitting!! :XX:

Seedy
12-27-2005, 02:58 PM
I got Barbara Walker's Knitting From the Top from my mom, and Nicky Epstein's Knitting Over the Edge from my sister. Hooray!

I also received a box of Fun Fur from a well-meaning friend last week; I don't really care for the stuff, but I found the perfect applications for it. I used two of the skeins to knit a scarf, and sent it to my friend - I figure that she chose colors she likes, so now she's got a scarf in those colors! The other skeins I passed along to my neighbor's 4th-grade daughter, who is a beginning knitter - it was great to see her eyes light up at her yarn bounty.

Angelia
12-27-2005, 03:06 PM
:thumbsup: Nicely done--that was very sweet on all counts!

Jenelle
12-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Sounds like everyone got something that they like :D

MaryS
12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
My DSO gave me SEVEN knitting books :cheering: :cheering:

EZ's Knitting Around, Knitting Pure and Simple, and The Opinionated Knitter,

Sensational Knitted Socks, Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, Cable Needle Freedom, and ..... a knitting murder mystery. :cheering:

I may have to read the knitting mystery aloud (or have him read it to me while I'm knitting - even better!) I've read him most of the Yarn Harlot aloud, and he laughs almost as much as I do - plus he's starting to "get" my knitting addiction now, too. :rofling:

Best of all (drum roll, please) he gave me a digital camera!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Now as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll be able to post pics!!!!!
This may be the best knitting tool of all!!

(I also finished up all my Christmas knitting by 4PM on Christmas Eve, and was able to get everything wrapped in time. And everything FIT..YAY!!)

I did three sweaters, four pair of clogs - one with soles, two hats, two scarves, one pair of stranded mittens, a table runner with four coasters, four Christmas bell ornaments, and five pair of socks.

And: I was paid for the five pair of socks!!! Yarn money!!!

I hope you all had a great time celebrating the holidays in whatever way means the most to you.

Happy New Year!!!!

Mary

Jenelle
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow.. it looks like you were really busy Mary!! :shock:

Angelia
12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Gee, Mary! :inlove: :inlove:

Share the wealth! :rofling:

carollovesyarn
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I did get 3 pair of bamboo circulars, but 2 of them I already have and I'm wondering do I really need 10.5's when I have 10's and 11's. :??
10 = 6.0 mm
10.5 = 6.5 mm
11 = 8.0 mm

Actually what you need now are 10.75's (7.0 mm)! I know Brittany makes them in sp, but not sure about circs. ;)

humblestumble
12-27-2005, 07:12 PM
update! I just got to my boyfriends house and I got a gift card for joanns which I will probably use towards something for knitting :)

knitncook
12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
10 = 6.0 mm
10.5 = 6.5 mm
11 = 8.0 mm

Actually what you need now are 10.75's (7.0 mm)! I know Brittany makes them in sp, but not sure about circs. ;)

Yeah, darn US needle sizing. Who made those up anyway? That .5mm just doesn't add that much to the difference for me. But there is a large difference between 6mm and 8mm. I think I need to go to England and go needle shopping ;)

BinkyKat
12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, DH actually didn't get me anything... YET
But, Mom gave us eadh $50, the same for my Bro & SIL. sooo, on our way home from their house in the Cities... I stopped at yarn cafe and splurged...and used DH's money too! So THERE!
I got a Magic Loop booklet, a Bryspun Flex circ size 10 29inch , a Bryspun straight size 11 10inch,, an Addi size 6 12inch, and 4 skeins of Misty Alpaca in 4 diff. colors. (sooooo soft!)

Anyhoo, DH knows I want knitting stuff, I have hung up a pic of a swift he can make... nothin'.... i told him i wanted a ball winder... nuthin'.... there are two LYS's in town (giftcard)... nothin'... and he wimpers on Christmas eve night about how he feels bad he didn't get anything. Well, I guess I'll be doing some online shopping and giving him the bill right?

Jan in CA
12-28-2005, 12:02 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/13.gif

Ingrid
12-28-2005, 12:49 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I love your little picture commentaries, Jan!

Jan in CA
12-28-2005, 03:06 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I love your little picture commentaries, Jan!

Heh... gotta loves smilies! :roflhard:

Ellen Edwards
01-02-2006, 12:23 AM
You know--we all were blessed--especially those who got Knitty items, but boy!! think of the things alot of people in the world would give to have just a LITTLE of what WE take for granted!! :blush:

Now...for those hubbies who had hints for knitted items but took the easy way out and DIDN'T go to an LYS or even get a gift card---OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!! :fingerwag:

Anya
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I received some awesome knitting gifts this year :cheering: I am so excited!
some sz. 2 circulars
9 skiens of lion brand- three different colors
7 dalegarn/dalebarn pattern books (I drooled all over them!)
Book- Rowan babies
Book- simple knits for cherished babies
Book- knitting for the pampered baby
365 knitting patterns calendar
and my fav gift- sz. 8 glass needles- I can't wait to use them! They have the best sound!!

carollovesyarn
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
7 dalegarn/dalebarn pattern books (I drooled all over them!)

oooh! Lucky you! I'd be drooling over these too!

Mer
01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
My MIL got me a subscription to Interweave Knits and a pair of rosewood needles! :D

ebrperk
01-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I got most of my knitting presents from my brother in law when we went to the LYS in Olathe Ks. Great little store.

I got 2 sets of double pointed needles in size 2 and 4. He was so sweet even offered to buy the rosewood ones but I wouldn't let him.

A skein of Lorna Laces sock yarn. I like mine short the lady said you only needed one skein for short socks.

I also got an odd knitting book from MIL. One of those special value buy's books. I am not sure if I will knit anything out of it.

I also got an MP3 Player which is really cool..

Robin