PDA

View Full Version : First trip EVER to lys!

Jivewhistle
12-27-2005, 02:08 PM
There's a small local yarn shop just down the road and I went into it for the first time today. It's just lovely!!! I didn't buy anything though, since I bought yarn yesterday. But I have never even seen these yarns!! My favorite (and one that I'm going to save up for) is Crystal Palace Yarn's "Iceland". They had a beautiful blue/purple color...but it was $12 a ball for 190 yards! Eekkkkks! I'd love to get it sometime though...and figure out how much I would need for a simple felted handbag.

Can't wait to go there again...it's so cozy and nice.

Lisa1216
12-27-2005, 03:36 PM
A few months ago I finally went into a LYS near where I work and I didn't want to leave :shock: I think I just 'glazed over' looking at all of the yarns and books. They also sell quilting supplies and materials, and they were beautiful too. A few women were in there getting help on some things they were knitting and I could have stood there for hours just listening in. They were all very friendly. I received some gift certificates for the store for Christmas and I can't wait to go back there. I'll need to plan a few hours though!! ~~Lisa

rebecca
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm just stunned :shock: that one can walk into a LYS & leave empty handed :roflhard: :rofling: !!

VickiIL
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm just stunned :shock: that one can walk into a LYS & leave empty handed :roflhard: :rofling: !!

The first time I was in an LYS I left empty handed. I was simply overwhelmed by the amount of yummy yarns that I just had no Idea where to start. :shock:

However I recovered by second trip and made sure I had brought my credit card!

Jenelle
12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
We don't have any LYS's around here :crying:

The only ones we have are Joann's and Walmart, and most of the yarns at both places are either acrylic, cotton, or polyester. :(

Hopefully one will pop up soon around my area :)

Jax3303
12-27-2005, 05:33 PM
WOW! you went into a LYS and left with NOTHING?!?!?!? wow. :??

The first time I went to my LYS, I left 1 1/2 hrs later after spending $45 on some Lornas laces yarn and an addi turbo. I never seem to be able to leave that place without spending at least $30. At least I'm on a first name basis with the owners now.

knittingdoula
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
The first time I went into one of my LYS, I looked at the owner and said, "This is what heaven looks like when you enter it, isn't it?" She burst out laughing!!!

I would imagine that perhaps heaven (for some of us) would be a gorgeous yarn store with endless books, patterns, yarn and supplies. And free. Ah yes, and of course, the assistants would all be gorgeous 20-something men dressed in loin cloths. Or is it just me? :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

I really am very happily married, people. :)

Alison

mks22300
12-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I walked out semi emptied handed the first time I went to a LYS, I bought some needles I needed but no yarn. The next trip however, I bought some beautiful yarn for a scarf and hat I knitted for my friend for Christmas.

Jivewhistle
12-29-2005, 12:32 PM
This shop was very tiny. I don't even recall seeing any books for sale. They had a nice selection of Clovers but don't recall seeing any Addi's. The yarn was amazing though. Sometime I'll have to get to the one in Toledo too that I hear is the best.

lisak
12-29-2005, 12:46 PM
The first time I went into one of my LYS, I looked at the owner and said, "This is what heaven looks like when you enter it, isn't it?" She burst out laughing!!!

I would imagine that perhaps heaven (for some of us) would be a gorgeous yarn store with endless books, patterns, yarn and supplies. And free. Ah yes, and of course, the assistants would all be gorgeous 20-something men dressed in loin cloths. Or is it just me? :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

I really am very happily married, people. :)

Alison

I am right there with you!!! aaaahhh....heaven.... :roflhard: :drooling:

and there is no reason why our DHs can't be one of men in loin cloths!

knitbebe
12-30-2005, 12:39 AM
LYS opened in my town this past summer. The store owners and teachers know my son's name, what he dressed up as for. LOL Obviously, am a good patron.

They have a dog in the store named Harry. My 2 1/2 yr. old asks to visit Harry a couple times a week, (he calls it Harry's store) I'm always happy to make the trip to see Harry! ;)

My husband is not nearly as happy about out trips to see Harry, as my son. ;) ;) !