PDA

View Full Version : organizing AGAIN!!!

HeatherFeather
12-28-2005, 09:20 AM
My dear sweet wonderful girlfriend gave me this WAY cool calendar...the knitting pattern a day thingy....has ANYONE heard of it...(giggle snort...ya, I know it's all over the place)

have ya'll talked about how to store the patterns after done with them? I was thinking of laminating them...but not such a good idea expense wise...

But then...my girlfriend gave me this idea for swimming ribbons, that I think I might try...

She took page protectors, and then ran them through the sewing machine to make little compartments for the ribbons. I was thinking the same would work for this...except page protectors are generally top loading....

any other CHEAP (read FREE if possible) ideas??? and if yall have discussed this, can you point me in the direction I need to go???

thanks!!!

KellyK
12-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Photo album pages??? :thinking:

HeatherFeather
12-28-2005, 09:35 AM
as in the acid laden, destroy the picture kind? put your paper in there, and 6 months later never be able to pull them off the page again without some tedious work kind???

or another kind??? lol....

or DUH...just slip sissors up the side, to MAKE side loading, and then run through the machine....hmm.....my machine is screwed up anyway...maybe I could do this first before I take it to the shop!!!

benniesma
12-28-2005, 09:46 AM
They do sell photo pages that are the pockets like you were saying. They have them for 4x6 and 3x5 I think. The clear plastic that you just slide the picture in, not the sticky page kind. I'm not sure how big the caledar pages are (CAUSE I DIDN'T GET ONE EVEN THOUGH I BEGGED) but they might work. I think they also have them for recipe cards.

candicane
12-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I have found albums at TJ Maxx & Marshalls in 4x6, 5x5 and even 5x7. I don't know how large the calendar is, but one of those sizes should work. Joanns has cute little album books that should also work. They are top loading slip in pages without adhesive.

I am thinking about getting myself this calendar even though I don't need a calendar. What types of patterns are in it?

Candice

HeatherFeather
12-28-2005, 09:56 AM
E V E R Y T H I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It'll be fun for me because I can try new and different things...and get inspiration...
socks, sweaters, bags, scarves, techniques.....WAY fun.

KellyK
12-28-2005, 10:10 AM
No - I wasnt talking about the sticky kind. Do they even MAKE those anymore??? The pockets would allow you to see both sides of the pattern page without removing it from the thing.....

feministmama
12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I use page protectors that have three ring binder holes already in them. The pages are 8x10. They also make 5x7 and other sizes. They're like see through plastic with a slit at the top so you can slide things in and out (papers, photos, whatever) all with the three rings already in them so you can just slip them in a binder. I get them at office supply stores.

nicolethegeek
12-28-2005, 02:31 PM
If WM sells em, I'm sure that there are other places that do too. You can get photo albums where the pictures slide into a page protector thingy. Check the labels, as many/most of them specify that they are acid-free. You can get ones that fit 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10. Another thing you can do is check the scrapbooking section or the office supplies section. I've seen lots of page protectors in various sizes that specify they are acid-free. If you can't find any of these, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

misstialouise
12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
The pages are 5.5"x7".

JUST too big for the 5x7.. :S

And I'm guessing too big to put two in one 3 ring pocket protector...

SkoXylo
12-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I "laminate" my small papers I want to save with book repair tape. Basically the stuff is like acid-free packing tape, and it can be found at any office supply store.