PDA

View Full Version : Lopi Tote question

Jan in CA
12-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I have a bunch of WOTA and I was thinking of knitting the Lopi Tote (http://www.helloyarn.com/lopitote.htm). The pattern calls for bulky yarn and size 13 circs. WOTA is not bulky and I only have size 11 circs. I notice the pattern does give measurments versus number of rows so maybe the yarn and needle size difference won't make much difference? The bulky probably makes it denser, but I didn't really have trouble with my other bag in WOTA and can double it up, too. So what do you think?

Ingrid
12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
They certainly don't make a big deal about gauge, do they? I'd go with doubling the WOTA and taking my chances. The worst that could happen is that the bag is a slightly different size. If you're getting more stitches to the inch than the Lopi, maybe you could just cast on more.

Jan in CA
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks! I think I'll go for it!

Jan in CA
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks! I think I'll go for it!

EmilyKaye
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
I made the lopi tote with worsted weight and size 10 circulars. I made my bag a little bigger though. For all of the cast on stitches and where to place the markers, I doubled everything so I ended up with a nice sized bag. I think if I had made it by the directions, It would have been too small for me. I can fit my wallet, keys, a diaper and wipes, and have room for more if needed. I hope your bag turns out great!