PDA

View Full Version : Should I use Moda Dea's Aerie for a chemo cap?

KristiMetz
12-28-2005, 10:48 PM
I have a SIL with breast cancer and she just started chemotherapy. I saw the post here about Michael's having all of their Moda Dea on sale :) so I went and got some stuff.

I have 3 skeins of Moda Dea Aerie (Info here (http://www.modadea.com/aerie.htm)) in baby blue, and I was wondering if it would be advisable to do a chemo cap with this yarn?

It is really really soft! But it is kind of hairy (not sure if that would itch). Also, since it's a bulky yarn, would it be a bad idea to do a chemo cap just because it might look too bulky?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

tab
12-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Rubbing it against my cheek, I don't think Aerie would itch. I've never seen a swatch of it, though, and I haven't gotten around to knitting mine up yet. I also don't think it would look too bulky at all. That's really a matter of opinion, though.

kitkat
12-30-2005, 12:37 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh santa put a few balls of that in my stocking...not sure what I am going to do with it though! Is it still on sale at Michaels?

Julie
12-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Is it machine washable? That would be my concern.

tab
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Kitkat - the Michaels near me says the sale continues until January 28. You might want to check yours out.
Julie - actually, it isn't. Hand wash, dry flat. Would a chemo cap get very dirty and need a lot of washing? Now I'm curious...

Julie
12-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I guess it depends on how hot your head gets. ;) I usually try to make them from something machine washable because they're going to get worn so much.