PDA

View Full Version : I need some knitting help

Lady M
12-29-2005, 03:18 PM
While I was in town yesterday I went to the local craft store, here you only have a Walmart or Michaels and if you want "Good" yarns you have to e-bay or order off the net. While in Michaels to see if they carried noro yarns, which they don't , I noticed that they had a sale on all of their Patons Eyelash yarns, so I bought 2 skines of Cha Cha and 2 skines of Allure for under $5 bucks. ........ Talk about impulsive purchases that are on sale !!!!

When I got home I spent 6 hours making a scarf from the Cha Cha and it was cute. I put it on and ooked in the mirror at myself in EYElash and started laughing.......... It's just NOT me ........... hehehhee

So i spent the next hour unraveling and rerolling it up for another project.

With 7 hours wasted I now need some kind of pattern of a suggestion that I can use this yarn with. Im no spring chicken, though I am a heavy hen and look utterly stupid in a Eyelash Boa.............(( ROTFLMBO ))

I would appreciate any ideas that any you you Ladies might have for using up this cute yarn. My husband and I have no children , nor does my brother and his wife and now were to old to even think about it ... or I would just have gave it to some teenager that I knew well....... but I dont even know any .......hehehehe

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Hugs
Anne

KellyK
12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
You COULD always combine it with another yarn to lessen the effect, or even just knit it at just the ENDS of a scarf with another yarn...

knitncook
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Use it on a hat! Or the edge of a shawl. or make funky looking hedgehogs with it! :D

usamacka
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I have used the allure and the cha cha combined for a beautiful scarf...made one 8 feet long and then did pompoms on the end. It did take 4 skeins. If you only make it about 4 -5 inches wide, I bet you would look like the look!

trucker945
12-31-2005, 07:22 AM
:thinking: Got a cat? Make cat toys, stuffed with catnip. Maybe a wall-hanging bit of art using a lacy open type of stitch.