PDA

View Full Version : omg, handpainted yarns

Julie
12-31-2005, 07:57 PM
I just got my yan from handpaintedyarn.com today and omg, it is so freaking fabulous I can barely contain myself. No one around here understands...

(me, to my five year old: "do you like my yarn?" 5yo: "um, yeah." me: "isn't it fabulous???" 5: "um, yeah, can you make me a peanut better sandwich?" me: "yes, but DON'T YOU LOVE MY YARN???")

:roflhard:

Ingrid
12-31-2005, 08:01 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: I understand completely! :rollseyes: :rollseyes:

Jan in CA
12-31-2005, 08:01 PM
LOL No, a 5 yr old wouldn't understand it. It's beautiful!

kitkat
01-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Isnt their stuff fabulous? I bought 3 kinds of yarn, just to see what I like, and definitely had a favorite which I will buy again....the pure merino bulky. The handspun bulky is a second place winner, still very nice, and the superbulky merino is great for hats and stuff, but I doubt I will buy again.

nicolethegeek
01-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I guess my kids are weird. Alex {the 3 yo} will pet yarn with me at the LYS; Lissa {the 2 yo} says everything I make is "cute"; and my older girls {9 & 10} love the pretty colours of the yarns, and complain when the hank they're holding for me to wind into balls is too scratchy!

Cristy
01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I guess my kids are weird. Alex {the 3 yo} will pet yarn with me at the LYS; Lissa {the 2 yo} says everything I make is "cute"; and my older girls {9 & 10} love the pretty colours of the yarns, and complain when the hank they're holding for me to wind into balls is too scratchy!

That is so funny--my 3 yr. old likes yarn too--when I'm knitting, she has to have a piece of whatever I am working with (so I've learned to cut off a piece and set it aside...it's hard to explain to a 3 yr. old why you can't just give her a piece when you're in the middle of knitting something)! Usually she runs around the house with it trailing behind her like streamers--it was one of the ways I worked on her colors back when she was learning them--it's still a good way to show her unusual colors (lavender, taupe, etc.).

The handpainted yarns look great in the pic so I'm sure they are fabulous--I've been curious about them, it's nice to know that people like them so much! :) Thanks for sharing!

Vendie
01-01-2006, 08:16 PM
OMG GORGEOUS YARN!!!!!

BonnieM
01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
It's lovely :inlove: I made a sweater with it last year...it's like wearing butter. The colors you chose are beautiful :thumbsup:

rebecca
01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh, Baby, Baby...that's some yummy yarn :heart:

humblestumble
01-01-2006, 09:40 PM
thats sooooo pretty! I want to steal it... did I just say that? :oo:

RachelJean
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh...just what I need, another website to tempt me to spend money on yarn! :cheering: It's very very pretty!

kemp
01-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Ohhhhhh, ahhhhhhh!!!! It is gorgeous.

Gotta start the training with the 5 yo...imperitive that yarn is considered much more fabulous than PB&J :roflhard: