PDA

View Full Version : Who has all kinds of different yarns, supplies and books?

KristiMetz
01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
My mom wants to give me a gift certificate for Christmas and I can't figure out where I want it from.

I was thinking KnitPicks, but if I end up needing something from a particular brand for a pattern, I'd like to have that option, KWIM?

Is there a store, either brick and mortar or online, that would have lots of different yarns, knitting supplies and knitting books that I could choose from?

Since I'm a beginning knitter I don't have a yarn stash, and there's still some supplies I could use, not to mention some books I would love... it would be great to have the option of browsing all types of things, if you know what I mean!

:?? I haven't seen any stores yet that seem to carry all sorts of things, but I'm sure they must exist!

BinkyKat
01-06-2006, 01:17 AM
For online I would suggest Patternworks.com or Yarnmarket.com
They have lots of brands and types of stuff from yarn to books to tools :thumbsup: I have lurked on Patternworks a lot but haven't ordered yet. I am pokey while going through the site and after a while you're basket gets emptied if you don't tend to it soon enough. I did order from Yarnmarket and it was a fine experience.

Ingrid
01-06-2006, 08:50 AM
www.herrschners.com has a pretty wide selection, and frequent sales.

I've also used patternworks and was happy with them.

KellyK
01-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Knitpicks would STILL be great....if not for yarn, then for books and needles and notions and stuff. Their prices on knitting books is often better than Amazon!

Vendie
01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Does WEBS offer online GCs? www.yarn.com