PDA

View Full Version : SCORE at hobby lobby..

Cristy
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I stopped by HL on my lunch break to pick up a pair of circulars and although they didn't have the size circulars I needed--they did have some wool-ease worsted weight on clearance for $1.37/skein--can you believe that? I don't know if the colors are being discontinued or what--one of the colors was seaspray..I remember that--the other was Fisherman maybe?? I bought eight skeins in all--2 fisherman (or similar color), 2 seaspray, 2 of some red color and 2 of a dark blue--denim I believe. I pretty much bought all they had left except for one color (which was a green and I have sooooooo much green yarn...I love green--it was hard not to get it, especially since they had 5 skeins of the same lot!!!). Anyway...you might want to hit your local HL if there's one nearby!

knitqueen
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Isn't it lame when stores don't have the size circular you are looking for??? :rollseyes: That's happened to me several times.

Congrats on the yarn SCORE!!!! Sounds like you got a good stash for a great price! :thumbsup:

Cristy
01-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I complained when I was there--The lady who orders for the knitting department wasn't there but I told a worker (who said they'd tell her...) that I would almost exclusively shop at HL for my yarn b/c they have a better selection than the other craft stores in my area (w/ regards to variety) but I don't b/c their selection of needles stinks! I've not been knitting long so I by needles regularly...it's frustrating to need a size that you can't find...The Michaels in my area has a good needle selection but not a great yarn selection--there is a Hancock Fabric in my area that has the best selection of Lion Brand yarn that I can find anywhere but I think they are a little expensive. I don't have a LYS nearby (I have aspirations to start my own...but no real plans to go w/ my aspirations...) so it's very frustrating to have to visit 3 stores in one day just to get a particular size of needle!

Angelia
01-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice score, Cristy! :thumbsup: