PDA

View Full Version : 2 color knitting

mmwilli4
01-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I have not knitted with 2 colors before, and I found this pattern that I liked, it is called a "Star Stich" and I have done it with one color but need help starting it with two.

Row 1 (WS): With Color A, purl
Row 2: With A, k2, *yo, k3, pass first of the 3 knit sts over the 2nd and 3rd sts; rep from *, end k1
Row 3: With Color B, purl
Row 4: With B, k1, *k3, pass first of the 3 knit sts over the 2nd and 3rd sts, yo; rep from *, end k2

Repeat rows 1-4.

Do I cast on with both colors? If not, how do you add it in? Thanks for you help in advance!

Ingrid
01-06-2006, 07:24 PM
The pattern in the colors for this one is made with the slip stitches--fairly easy with a great result! Just cast on and work the first rows with color A, then when they call for color B, start knitting with it. You can weave the ends in later. Sometimes for extra security, I tie a slip knot and put that on the needle as my first stitch--pull it through as if it were wrapped. Don't cut the yarns after the end of the rows. You can just bring them up the sides

mmwilli4
01-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Thanks so much...I am getting the hang of it. I was wondering if you had any tips on how to bring the alternanting color up the sides of the scarf. Do you weave it in, or simply leave it loose up the side? Thanks again!

Ingrid
01-07-2006, 01:21 AM
I try to bring the yarn I'm using under the one that needs to be carried up the side.