PDA

View Full Version : OT-family circus and KH

Cristy
01-07-2006, 10:51 PM
My dh makes fun of his mother and I b/c he says we are the only two people on the planet who actually *laugh* at the family circus. Although I disagree..I have to admit that I do have the worst sense of humor--I find many things funny but I'm not even funny with a humorous script!

Anyway--I am often tickled at the posts on this site (I just laughed outloud at Ingrid saying that she often finds yarn in the mailbox that she forgot she ordered) and I will read them outloud to my dh (who is usually absorbed in some video game).

It just occured to me when I had to re-read a post twice and he still didn't laugh that if you ain't a knitter--we just aren't that funny are we??!!

:( ;) :( ;)

Ingrid
01-07-2006, 11:39 PM
We are hysterical and witty. Non-knitters have no sense of humor! :rofling:

Cristy
01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks Ingrid for the pitty post..:)

BinkyKat
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
My DH can be the same way.. I can be howling at a thread or post...or crying from laughter at the naughty humor from that youknitwhat blog and he just doesn't get it. But Heaven forbid I should be :thinking: or :rollseyes: when he relays something R/C related or funny about his airplane club...scheesh!

I find myself quite often saying at work..."the knitting site I go to, one person said..." gernerally the folks I work with find the same things funny 'cuz they know what a nut I can be
:lol:

punkhippiemom
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Please... we're hilarious. :rollseyes:
He just finds it odd that 'you get such a kick out of what people that you don't even know are posting online.' (At least that's what I figure, cuz my DH does the same thing when I try to draw him into this crazy world a little, and that's what he says). I find myself quite often saying at work..."the knitting site I go to, one person said..." :shock: :roflhard: I do that too... in fact last night I forgot that DH doesn't get it and was trying to explain to him a problem I was having on a sweater... after five minutes his eyes started to glaze over, and I said, "Oh, maybe I'll PM Hildie about it, she likes math..." and he gave me the funniest look... took me a second to realize that he had no idea who Hildie was... :doh:

*edited to add... and I often laugh at Family Circus... :thumbsup:

Ingrid
01-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I often say, "I know someone who. . . ." or "I know someone from . . . " and I DO feel like I know that person, even though I wouldn't know but a few people here if I passed them on the street. I feel lucky to 'know' so many funny, truly nice people from all around the world through this site. :heart:

usamacka
01-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Ingrid and Jan, you are the TOPS in my book here!

Jan in CA
01-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I like family circus, too. LOL

As for humor here.. I'm sure that we "get" a lot more than non-knitters, non-forum users would get! My DH has a good sense of humor and can and does laugh at almost anything, but sometimes I have to explain WHY something is amusing. :roflhard:

Cristy
01-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I often say, "I know someone who. . . ." or "I know someone from . . . "

I do the same thing!!! Yesterday I was talking to dh about the booga and I said "and Angelia said.." -- he gave me the most puzzled look--finally he asked who Angelia was...he kind of understands b/c he's the same way w/ penciljack.

I was talking to a friend the other day and I said, "Well, some of my friends who've been working on the pattern.l.." I suddenly realized that I'm calling you guys my friends and I wouldn't know you if you cut me off on the interstate or stepped on my toe in a shopping mall!

knitncook
01-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Family Circus is so cute. Between that one and Baby Blues I swear there is a camera in my house that is piped directly into cartoon headquarters or something. Sometimes they are frighteningly true to what has actually happened in this house! :D

I think this website is down right :roflhard: I can't tell you the times that I have spewed across the monitor because of something someone said. I think that knitters have a subtle humor that isn't understood by the general population. Maybe it is the fumes from the wool.

KellyK
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
OMG we were talking about this SAME thing at the Illinois knit-together! When we were "breaking up" Saturday evening and all hugging Hildie goodbye, we were standing in a circle and she was going around to each of us...well, she almost started over at the beginning. We said we needed a stitch marker!! :roflhard:

NOONE ELSE would have been ROLLING with laughter like we were! Same thing happened at dinner the night before...KNITTING HUMOR, and the waitress had a straight face the whole time.

Ronda
01-09-2006, 09:27 AM
When we were "breaking up" Saturday evening and all hugging Hildie goodbye, we were standing in a circle and she was going around to each of us...well, she almost started over at the beginning. We said we needed a stitch marker!! :roflhard:

:roflhard:

DotMom61
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh, MAN!!! You mean we missed the group hug??? Sheesh ... it's hard being a Julie sometimes.

And that reminds me ... when the Other Julie came and picked me up on Saturday, I introduced her to my family, and said, "You know, I just realized I don't even know your last name!"

My husband is always saying, "Why are you talking about ______ on a knitting forum?" He just doesn't get it. ;-)

CateKnits
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
My dad has accepted you guys. If I say, "my buddies from the knitting forum..." he gets it. :roflhard: