PDA

View Full Version : OT--NEED PRAYERS

foothills
01-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't really know how to post these OT topics, but need your help. I have just learned about an hour ago that there is a recurrence of my almost 78 year old Mother's breast cancer...apparently, there is a tumor in her spine, a crack in the spine, and possibly has spread to her liver. She had a mastectomy 13 years ago this month and has been on the drug Tamoxifen since. I am so upset and just don't know how we're going to tell her. I'll probably leave Mt. Airy for her house tomorrow. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.

Thanks-Joyce[/b]

brendajos
01-10-2006, 05:25 PM
oh am so sorry....Your mother is definitely in my prayers as are you. Travel safely.

feministmama
01-10-2006, 05:26 PM
:heart: :pray: :heart:

Ingrid
01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. :heart:

Jeremy
01-10-2006, 05:31 PM
You and your mother will surely be in my prayers. If you tell me her first name and her mother's first name I will ask that a prayer be said for her at my synagogue.

jodstr2
01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
so sorry to hear that, Joyce. you and your family are in my thoughts. :heart:

Ronda
01-10-2006, 05:38 PM
:pray: I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and your mother.

Sara
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
You have my prayers, too.

Anya
01-10-2006, 05:44 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers.

foothills
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you all so much...right now, I can't do anything except cry and I know that I need to be strong for her. I just talked to a nurse at her regular doctor's office and he wants my brother and I to go in to talk with him concerning my Mom's options on Thursday afternoon. I just don't know if we should tell her before or just what to do. Knowing my Mom, she will refuse treatment because she refused chemo and radiation after her mastectomy. She is just a good person and we're very close...in fact, since we had to move almost 4 1/2 years ago, I have called her several times a day and we stay at her house every other weekend....she is my Main Rock. My SIL just called and said that the orthopedic doctor called her to say that he may be overly optomistic, but that the type of tumor located in my Mom's spine can sometimes be treated with hormones. They have her scheduled for a biopsy and some type of injection to relieve the pain from the crack in her spine on Friday at 2:30 p.m. EST.

Jeremy, her name is Lellean (sounds like Ellen with an L)...thank you so much. I know that prayers work miracles because I've been witness to many miracles.

Joyce

BonnieM
01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

knitncook
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
{{{{{Joyce and Joyce's Mom}}}}} Keep us posted!

margie
01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Joyce, I will keep your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

:heart:

hedgehog
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Joyce,

You and your family are in my thoughts...

I'm pretty close by (North of Greensboro) - if there's anything i can do, please let me know! :heart:

*hugs*
-hh

benniesma
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh Joyce. You know we'll all be thinking of you and your mom and praying for your family.

And I second Hedgehog, if you need me for anything in the area just let me know.

dustinac
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm so sorry your mother and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

KellyK
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
OH JOYCE....Im SO sorry to hear that sad news!! :(

I hope on your way down you can take a minute and BREATHE. The way you can help your mom best right now is to be there to help her understand her options and support whatever decision she makes about her treatment and/or care. And give her all the love you can! Of course you will!

Ill certainly be sending MY love YOUR way!! :heart:

mintdee
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
:heart: :heart:
I am so sorry to hear this! I will send my thoughts and prayers your way!
:pray:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-10-2006, 10:22 PM
thinking of you :heart:

Jan in CA
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm so sorry! You are in my thoughts with all my best wishes! http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/igel03.gif

gimmesanity
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Oh, hon, I'm so sorry. You and yours are in my thoughts.

BinkyKat
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Warm hugs and huge prayers are going to come from me. When I hear of such things, I do my best prayin' when I lay my head down for the night.
I hope and wish for the best outcome and for the most strength possible for your mom and your whole family!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :pray: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Take care and travel safely!
Jodie

MissAbi
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
:heart: Joyce, I will be keeping your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

kimmie
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm praying too.

kimmie

humblestumble
01-11-2006, 03:34 AM
:pray: :heart: :heart: :hug: I hope whatever happens, happens for the best. Your family is in my thoughts

And I know I've been plugging this a lot, but whenever you get some time to yourself, I suggest planning a day at a spa or going to a massage therapist to get out some of that tension and anxiety ...It really helps.

beldaraan
01-11-2006, 04:07 AM
{{{HUGS}}} and lots of love Joyce.

foothills
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Lauren and HH...I appreciate your offers to help and if I knew of anything, other than prayers, that would help, I would let you know..it is difficult being almost 3 hours away from your Mom in this situation, but at least I can be there in 3 hours and stay if necessary.

ALL of you are so kind and your support really helps. Although we don't personally know each other, I told another member through PM that I have been a member of KH almost since its beginning and I really feel like we have a connection..maybe it's the kindness and helpfulness we've all shared through KH, but I feel that you are all here for me in some way.

I've decided to leave for my Mom's house tomorrow morning and we will talk to her and let her know that the doctor has found something on her spine....then, we'll go from there. The dr will do a procedure called balloon kyphoplasty on Friday at 2:30 and plans to do a biopsy at the same time, so I suppose we'll know more after the procedure.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Lady M
01-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Prayers and God's Wonderful Healing Power and Grace thru Jesus Christ to You and your Mother. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Anne

MaryB
01-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Joyce, you and your mother are in my prayers. Having gone through a similar experience with my mother, I know what you are feeling.

I was amazed at the strength my Mom showed. I hope your Mom is pro-active and involved in the choices that are ahead for her.

Remember to be good to yourself. Something as simple as sitting in a corner and just breathing can renew your spirit.

:pray: :pray:

Lisa1216
01-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Special prayers and strength are being sent for you, your mom and family. :pray: :heart:

DotMom61
01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
The dr will do a procedure called balloon kyphoplasty on Friday at 2:30 and plans to do a biopsy at the same time, so I suppose we'll know more after the procedure.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Joyce --

Prayers going up for you and your Mom!! Like you, I have seen some of the most awesome things come from the power of prayer!!

Oddly enough, I was reading an article LAST NIGHT about balloon kyphoplasty, and it's supposed to be a fantastic procedure for relieving pain.

Blessings to you and your family -- give your Mom a gentle hug for me!!

cheetahcalledchloe
01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry, you and your Mom are in my prayers.

Chloe

Cristy
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
You will be in my prayers-have a safe trip and God bless you.

amy
01-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Joyce, I'm so sorry. :pray: I'm praying for health and longevity for your mom, Joyce. Safe trip to you. May you be granted serenity and peace throughout this.
*hugs* Amy

melissa.atkins
01-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Joyce,

I am so sorry your mom is going through this... your mom, you and your whole family are in my prayers. Ill lit up candles for you all tonight.

((((((HUGS))))))

Ellen Edwards
01-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom!! :( I am close to my mom--she is 91, and believe me, I can't imagine NOT having her with me. Certainly I'll say a prayer for your mother and for God to give you the strength you and your family need in this time. I know that she can be healed--I've seen too many miracles , and have experienced one myself--prayer and faith can produce many great things!!

I know she is going to be glad to see you tomorrow, and I will be thinking of you as I knit tomorrow!! :heart:

foothills
01-12-2006, 10:07 PM
You are all treasures :heart: I'm posting from my Mom's house...it has been a long day! She took the news much better than the rest of us did...she is one tough lady...of course, she'd have to be since she's been walking around with a tumor and a crack on the spine without alot of complaints, right?

The doctor has postponed the procedure scheduled for tomorrow because he wants to do a consultation with her before doing it so, she and I will be in Raleigh at 3 p.m We talked with her family doctor late today who had discussed her case with the orthopedic doctor and he recommends an appointment with the onocologist prior to have the procedure so steps to shrink the tumor can be taken in order for the procedure to work. We'll know more after the consultation tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the doctor also said that although the MRI showed a "possible" spot on the liver, blood work is usually haywire if there is a problem with the liver and the liver labs done on Mom a couple of months ago were excellent...so, that sounds like good news :pray:

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers...I'm going to work a little on my niece's baby blanket for a while before falling out ;)

I'll keep you posted....Joyce

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-12-2006, 10:13 PM
thanks for the update! :heart: Still praying!

foothills
01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks Hilde...I had signed up for a needle felting class this coming Saturday, but had to cancel...they will offer it again soon...your clog embellishments have intrigued me...I'd love to make something for Dawson with a frog needle felted...anyway...you all will never know how much I appreciate your support right now because this has really been a difficult time for me...somehow though, I began to feel some peace after reading your posts.... Bless you all.

Joyce

margie
01-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Still praying, Joyce...................... :heart:

DotMom61
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Joyce --

It's so good to read your post because your sense of peace comes through. Hang in there, and come in and update us when it's convenient. Give Mom a hug. :heart:

MrsBear87
01-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I will hold you all in my thoughts.

jsauer
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Joyce,
My prayers and warmest wishes to both you and your mother - indeed, your whole family.

jennifer

wildforyarn
01-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Joyce, thanks for the update! You and your mom and family are in my thoughts and prayers. :pray: It is so good that you can be there with her and for her in a time like this. Be glad that you are physically close enough for that! Take time to just be there with her and love her. She will show you amazing strength in a time like this, I'm sure of it! Take care! :heart:

VictoiseC
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mum Joyce. I lost my mum a few years ago, she was only 69. Mothers are so dear, I can't express how much I feel about this... well you know. Wonderful all here are sending prayers. :heart:

Jeep_Girl
01-14-2006, 02:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

jodstr2
01-14-2006, 02:46 PM
thank you for the update, Joyce. you are so positive and I'm sure it's really helping her. I'm continuing to think of you. :heart:

Ellen Edwards
01-15-2006, 03:20 AM
My mother , who has osteoporosis, is having a lot of pain from some of her vertebrae compressing after she had a coughing spell!! You know, when your bones are so brittle, just rolling over in bed can break them!! I read your post the other day and have had you and your mom on my mind. I have been so concerned for mine, and so I know how you feel about your mom. I cannot think of life without Mama!! She's 91, and has been through SO much living, and she has such a loving , giving personality. I can just imagine your mom as being the same way!!

Sweetie, I am hoping and praying that both our moms are going to feel much better very very soon!!! :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
01-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Good luck and God bless.
:heart:

svetlana
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I will pray for you and your Mom :heart:

foothills
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I returned from my Mom's house yesterday so I could handle some things here but will go back this coming Thursday morning. I took her for the "consultation" on Friday and the orthopedic clinic had not even sent the MRI films to the surgeon, so as it turns out...that part of the appointment was semi-wasted; however, the surgeon told us about the procedure and concurred with Mom's medical doctor that depending on the size of the tumor, the procedure may need to wait until the tumor is reduced in size. I did go to the orthopedic clinic and pick up her MRI films so we could take them with us to the onocologist on Thursday...she has an appointment at Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh at 2:20 p.m.

Obtaining the MRI film and report was good in one way, but in another, our curiosity caused us to read the report...the conclusion at the bottom of the report has frightened us because it reads that findings are highly suspicicious for metastatic disease involving the liver. The fear with this is that it has spread and we don't think she will opt for chemo...we're hoping if this is the case, there are alternatives.

I did ok over the 4 days that I was at her house...it hasn't been easy trying to be strong for her and my youngest brother (he is 38 and he and his family built on to her house and live with her, which is wonderful, but this will also be so difficult for them. On my way home, I began crying about 12 miles from Mt. Airy and finally composed myself!!

Meanwhile, although my Mom is more or less confined to staying inside right now...she's always been an avid outdoor person...loves her flowers and vegetable gardening...she is probably one of the toughest women I've ever known...and it's nice to be her daughter. Here is a picture taken of Mom and me at Christmas.

Thanks again for the prayers and support.

Joyce

margie
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Joyce, what a wonderful picture of you and your mom!! I've been thinking of you........and will continue to keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.... :heart:

kitkat
01-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Continuing to pray for your mom and your whole family.

mintdee
01-16-2006, 09:04 PM
:pray:

That is a great picture of the two of you! You are still in my prayers [[[hugs]]]]

Cristy
01-16-2006, 10:08 PM
awesome pic--I'm still praying. Please keep us posted.

VictoiseC
01-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Beautiful picture Joyce. :heart:

svetlana
01-17-2006, 11:57 PM
I see so much love in picture of you and your Mom. Very nice picture. I continue to pray so you will have many years with her. :heart:

hedgehog
01-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Beautiful picture, Joyce. :heart: I agree with Svetlana - the love you both have translates easily on your faces.

I too have you both in my thoughts.

I'm here if/when you need me!

-hh

dustinac
01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture with us.. you are all in my prayers and thank you for keeping updated...

PurlyGyrl
01-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Joyce, I have been away from the board for awhile. I am so sorry to read of your Mom's health crisis, but I just wanted to let you know that you and your beautiful Mom are in my prayers. :pray: Take care.

Racerkatie
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I don't have good words for this, I just don't. Many warm thoughts and prayers and whatever else I can muster. The oncologist must give you good news, he must. h-) h-) h-) (those are hugs)

foothills
01-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the hugs...I may need them today! I understand how you feel..sometimes it's difficult to find the right words when it comes to situations such as this...just know that I know you are all "here" for me and I appreciate it very much. I'm leaving to go to "home" this morning around 8:30 for her appointment this afternoon. I'm hoping for more positive news than I'm expecting to hear.

Joyce

KellyK
01-19-2006, 08:17 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Lisa1216
01-19-2006, 09:25 AM
:pray: Prayers and strength for you and your mom still coming your way. :pray:

Danielle
01-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Joyce, I'll be sending lots of prayers and good thoughts to you and your mom. :pray: :heart: :pray: :heart: :pray: :heart: :pray:

foothills
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
An update....this past week has been difficult for my Mom...we took her to the doctor for her appointment and the doctor wanted her admitted so the tests, etc. could be done immediately...needless to say, this upset her but the dr. was afraid that the fracture in Mom's spine would become worse if she wasn't admitted.

I spent three days and nights with her in the hospital...slept a total of 9 hours in 4 days. They have done all types of scans, etc. and a biopsy of the tumor in her spine (came back negative for cancer) and a biopsy of the liver (also came back negative). Another biopsy is scheduled for Monday...this time of the hip area and back area...they are telling us that there is no doubt it is cancer, but they need to make certain that it's coming from the prior breast cancer because different types of cancer respond to different types of treatement. The last biopsy of the liver was quite painful for her...they numb the area with something like novacaine and she said that she wanted sedation for the biopsy being done on Monday.

They began radiation on the tumor last Monday...she's lost about 8 pounds and also will do radiation on the hip. A port was inserted last week also...for longterm drug treatment because they are saying right now that chemo will be necessary...just don't know if my Mom will submit to chemo yet.

I returned to Mt. Airy late on Tuesday, but came back with an awful sore throat and sinus issues...went to the dr. yesterday and was given a prescription for Z-pack. They finally let her go home on Monday evening, but she's being taken to Rex every day for the radiation. I'm planning to leave sometime on Sunday so I can take her for the biopsy and the treatments scheduled for next week...my DB has been taking her while also trying to work and this is just too much for him to do alone...we have a sister who lives near them; however, she doesn't drive on interstate highways, so she isn't much help there!

Just wanted to let you all know...again...that I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and kind words. I'm still working on the baby blanket, but must begin a second project that moves a little faster so I can see the FO....blankets are just too time consuming and this one requires more concentration than my sleepy head is willing to absorb right now, so it's going slowwwwwww.

Joyce

Ronda
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
This is such a rough time for you. I'm very sorry you and your mother have to deal with this. Continued prayers for you all and lots of virtual hugs...

Angelia
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

PurlyGyrl
01-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Continued prayers coming your way. :pray: Take care,

dustinac
01-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Keeping you all in my prayers and thank you again for keeping us updated... :heart:

Jeremy
01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Praying for you and your family.

Ellen Edwards
01-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh Dear Joyce, I feel so bad for what you're going through. My mom is 91, and she recently had a severe bout of sneezing and now has a compression fracture in her vertebrae. She has been in so much pain....and to boot, before that happened, I had sprained my back, and couldn't even straighten up. I finally was able to get a little relief last week when they gave me 2 shots in my Sacroiliac joint and my hips. I have a herniated disk and arthritis in my spine, along with several other things to complicate matters. ( Gee I hate this --I am not complaining, just EX-plaining!) SO my brother and S-I-L have been going out and helping her. Thank the Lord she has finally turned a corner yesterday and is not hurting but in 1 small place she says, and is able to get around now. I've been so miserable not being able to help her when she needed me. @ summers ago, she fell and fractured her pelvis and she stayed with us until that had healed, but I was no help with this!! I just talked with her and she sounded much stronger and didn't want me to worry about HER!! :shock: These moms are something else!! :heart: :heart:

I am saying a prayer for your mom as I write, and for you too, Joyce!! May God bless you and keep you safe as you travel! :crying:

foothills
02-12-2006, 07:11 AM
The doctor told me that Mom has Stage IV breast cancer...it has spread to the liver and bones and they will call me next week with a treatment plan. She is probably the strongest woman I've know in that she has obviously been in a great deal of pain and has only been taking Tylenol to relieve it.

The doctor asked if she wanted something for pain and Mom said that she didn't....she didn't want any medication that would put her to sleep her drive her "crazy" :lol: The doctor prescribed Vicodin and Mom will only take 1 tablet, but she is feeling much better as far as the pain is concerned right now. Her spirits are good and she is a fighter. She is not one who will sit down and let this bear on her mind.

The past couple of weeks have been unusually busy for me with taking her for radiation every day (a 45 minute drive from her house), helping with her needs and trying to find a place for us to live temporarily (not done yet!) as well as traveling back and forth to Mt. Airy, so I haven't been able to spend much time by a computer or knitting. I do miss you all alot and am looking forward to getting settled into some type of routine again.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go back to Sanford and try to find a place to rent temporarily...no way can we build right now because of everything going on...we haven't rented anything since we were first married, so finding a place isn't too easy since we've accumulated so much furniture, etc. over the years. With DH already on the job there, I'm just trying to take one day at a time with all of the "confusion" ;)

Joyce

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 09:51 AM
You sound pretty darned strong yourself Joyce. I'm sorry that you mother is so ill, but she sounds like a digified, realistic woman. She is lucky to have you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :heart:

foothills
02-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Ingrid...you've been through this sort of thing yourself with your parents and I thank you for your support. I'm just trying to take life as it slaps me in the face right now...and running on adrenalin :rofling:

Joyce

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Just don't forget to take care of you, too. ;)

foothills
02-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I know...and I am trying, although this seems to be a "diet" that works, I would prefer a different one! We've all had colds, etc. since Christmas and I contracted a sore throat on one side at the hospital that doesn't seem to want to disappear...it comes and goes...sinuses I think...I went to the dr., went through a round of antibiotics and I suppose I need to call the dr. back tomorrow because I just can't shake it...certainly have no time to sit at a dr's office :lol:

Joyce

foothills
02-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Anticipating some type of chemo treatment, Mom told me that I'd have to knit her a hat...bless her heart....I will definitely need to work that into my "schedule" :roflhard: She's a trooper ;)

Joyce

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Ah, but you must! And bring some knitting! You'll be no good to anyone if you're laid up, too.

DotMom61
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Joyce --

My heart goes out to you, your family, and -- of course -- your mom. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. And, by all means, make sure to take care of yourself; you'll be no good to your Mom if you're sick, too.

MrsBear87
02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Your Mom certainly raised a fine daughter. One of my favorite sayings is "Good soup comes from good stock." Your Mom cooked up a good one in you. Your love and presence will give her great comfort, I am sure.

May her journey ahead be made easier with your love.

jodstr2
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm continuing to think positive thoughts for you and your family, Joyce. may things go as well as they possibly can, and my you have the strength to see your mom through this.
*hugs*

benniesma
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the updates Joyce. You know we are all still sending prayers and loving thoughts your way.

Laura

Angelia
02-12-2006, 05:45 PM
:heart: Hugs :heart: Joyce. You're incredible!

dustinac
02-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Joyce, continued prayers for you and your family... Have you ever heard the song She's somebody's hero by Jamie O'Neal? You are your mom's hero...

lots of love :heart:

Cristy
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm still keeping you in my prayers...hang in there.

PurlyGyrl
02-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh, Joyce. I'm sorry to hear the news wasn't better for your Mom. But she (and you, too) sounds like a fighter. Keep up the positive attitude and know that my thoughts and prayers :pray: are with you both. Take care.

MaryB
02-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Joyce, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Having walked this same road in the past year, I feel the pain you are feeling. Our mothers are gifts that nothing can replace. I was amazed at the strength that my mom showed. It sounds like your mom is the same warm and wonderful type of person.

A few lessons I learned along the way:

Mother really does know best. Let her take the lead and support her choices.

Let others be your support. You can't always be the strength. Say yes to those who offer help.

Embrace the time you spend together, whether it be in the car, waiting in a dr. office or during a treatment.

Don't get so caught up in the process that you forget the reason you are doing all this----to improve the quality of your mom's life.

Prayers and hugs!
Mary

foothills
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
OK...I've landed in Mt. Airy for a few days and here's the latest on my Mom. The doctor has been waiting on a pathologist report, called FISH, which for some reason was delayed and has caused us quite a bit of frustration and after numerous telephone calls over the past couple of weeks, the doctor said that she would begin Mom on a drug called Arimidex (a hormone drug for breast cancer) since there was probably about a 10% chance that chemo would provide relief, she could take the Arimidex for a few weeks and see how the tumors respond to the drug, do another scan and decide from there whether or not to do any chemo. I'll take her back to the onocologist and the radiology onocologist on March 17th.

This waiting for doctor's advice seems to be unbearable at times and my Mom still doesn't believe that she has cancer...which I suppose is good in a way...she is definitely a fighter though and although she gets really tired, she is almost unstoppable...cannot keep her away from her kitchen!! She IS a great cook, but then, most Moms are great cooks!

Thanks again for all of your support...sometimes I wake up and think I've been having a nightmare :( , but I'm hanging in there :thumbsup: I've really missed you all!

Joyoce

Joyce

knit-a-holic
03-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. I went through my grandmother's passing and it was hard on all of us. You're in my prayers. Seek God and you will find the answers.

DotMom61
03-03-2006, 02:30 AM
More {{{hugs}}} Joyce!!! Prayers said for you, too!!

Angelia
03-03-2006, 08:24 AM
:heart: :heart: Joyce! And good luck with the move, too!

Ellen Edwards
03-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Joyce---I am so sorry about your mom's diagnosis!! You are really doing SO much--moving back nearer to her, and your dh too--getting a job nearer for you to be there for her!! I know God will give you the strength you need to give your mom what she needs!@!! It's OK, I think, for her NOT to think she has cancer....she's a fighter. Looks like you came from strong stock, Lady!! Take care of yourself, and let your friends and other family help you as much as you can!! :heart:

Ingrid
03-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Sending all my good wishes your way! :heart: :heart:

quirky
03-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Sending many blessings!