PDA

View Full Version : OT: Movie title...can't remember.

humblestumble
01-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey guys, I've got another movie title I want help with! It's not much this time, but at least it's a more recent movie!

I remember seeing this movie a few years ago with my mom, and it was a black and white movie which leads me to believe it was an independant movie. I don't remember anyone else talking about it, so I think we just read the description at the movie rental place and rented it because we liked the premise.

Because it was a few years back, I dont remember all of the synopsis, but I do know that it was about a white guy in a suit, probably set in the 40s, and he was a jazz musician, I think he played the sax. It wasn't a drama, to my memory. I believe it was a period piece, parody, or comedy, or a romatic comedy. And I remember a mansion involved somewhere down the line when he was being introduced to his lady-friend's father, or something. And I think there was a dinner.

I also remember the guys face, but have NO idea what his name is, but I'm pretty sure he's a somewhat recognizable guy, but hasn't been in a ton of key parts.

I am pretty sure it was made in the mid to late 90's or early 2000s.

Thanks for any input :) I'm just bugging about this.

aprildavis99
01-12-2006, 08:21 AM
It this what you're looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6300208559/104-5259688-3493503?v=glance

humblestumble
01-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately, it isn't. But thanks for looking for me :) I found out that the link you posted is a movie of old jazz band footage in black and white.