PDA

View Full Version : Lana is so cute!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Lana and I missed each other at the last Illinois knit-together, so she and I met today at the LYS :cheering: I didn't realize she was so knowledgable... not just about knitting, about EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG! :-) Lana was wearing this gorgeous was-gonna-be-a-sweater- VEST she made.... I saw the owner of the LYS eyeing it up jealously :eyebrow:

I can't say enough how this website has brought me new friends. If there are people from KH *anywhere* near you, you really owe it to yourself to try and meet them... It's amazing how "pulling loops through other loops" enhances your quality of life: not just in the act of doing it, but in the people it brings together.

*wipes a tear*

BonnieM
01-13-2006, 10:13 PM
{passing Hildie the Kleenex} Awww, I'm glad you two had a good time. :D

Lana
01-13-2006, 10:14 PM
CUTE??? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
That preception is through the eyes for someone who spent the entire week with Jr High kids. :thinking:

Hildie is a doll, and I do like dolls. I'm flattered that she would postpone going home on a Friday just to meet me. This was fun for me, and I didn't even have knitting with me. I love knitting, and getting together with other knitters makes it even more enjoyable. :cheering:
Thanks a bunch Hildie! :balloons:

mintdee
01-13-2006, 10:18 PM
:cheering:
I am so glad that you ladies had fun!
So far Brendajos and I are planning on meeting in a couple of weeks I can't wait! Hearing all these great get-together stories makes me even more excited.

CateKnits
01-13-2006, 10:22 PM
No one lives near me except when I'm at home..which is never! *pout* Oh, well. Maybe over the summer! :cheering: If any of you would want to meet up with an immature punk-a** kid, that is... :oops: :roflhard:

mintdee
01-13-2006, 10:24 PM
awww I wouldn't mind meeting a punk kid! :roflhard: Too bad you aren't closer to Omaha ;)

Ingrid
01-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Don't forget--an immature punk-a** kid who KNITS. That makes up for a lot! :rofling:

Sara
01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Well, if I can ever get my sh*t together and make the trip to Rochester, we will definitely meet. And I'll bring my punka** kid who knits, too. She is loads of fun. Really. ;)

CateKnits
01-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Hehehe. I don't know NY, so I don't know how far you are. I only know Rochester, Buffalo, Ithaca, and Binghamton in relation to here.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Cate, I'll be sure to look you up the next time I go to visit my family... my mom is living in Arnold, and lots more of my family live in Cape St. Clair.!!!! :-)

CateKnits
01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey! I KNOW those places! :roflhard: I used to live in Whispering Woods, just up the road. :heart: I love Annapolis.

KellyK
01-13-2006, 11:02 PM
I even met MISTER Lana!

SO glad you two had a nice time!

Sara
01-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Cate, I'm 96 miles from Rochester. If we want to go shopping, we go up there.

Ellen Edwards
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm so envious..uh...jealous..., um--I know I'm not s'posed tp be EITHER of those things!! :oops: But it would be nice to have some KH knitters near me. Although, I have what's known as "social anxiety disease", so don't know if I'd muster up the courage yet or not!!! Sounds like so much fun, Hildie!!

Lana
01-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey Ellen, the gals I've had the privilege of meeting from this board are absolutely, without a doubt, the very best and they knit!

Kelley, I think DH had a moment of an identity crisis when I said you refered to him as Mr. Lana. :roflhard:
I loved it! All those years he taught, I was called "Mrs. him". :shifty:

I'm soooooo looking forward to doing this again. :thumbsup:

KellyK
01-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Mr. Lana need not worry.... :roflhard: Tell him I also think he's UBER manly ( :rollseyes: ) and its just that I forgot his first name. ;)

Lana
01-16-2006, 12:21 AM
:?? Should I know what "UBER" is? :doh: :roflhard:

Sara
01-16-2006, 12:33 AM
uber is a German word. It means "over", but it also means "beyond."

In this case, she is complimenting him on his incredible manliness, as he is beyond manly.

kemp
01-16-2006, 01:03 PM
You Illinois peeps get to have all the fun! Seems like the is a huge concentration of KHers in the Chicago area. No fair :(

Andrea
01-16-2006, 03:16 PM
We have more room!! Come move to the Land of Lincoln!!! :D