PDA

View Full Version : no more froggin! :)

Cristy
01-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I am WAY too much of a perfectionist so I tend to frog a lot--Angelia has encouraged me to stop but I still find myself doing it now and again.

I'm working on a scarf for dh for valentines day and I really want it to be perfect but I keep making mistakes...

last night I watched Amy's videos on fixing mistakes w/o unraveling...I'm proud to say I fixed EVERY mistake in the scarf w/o unraveling!

No more frogging for me! :)

Ronda
01-20-2006, 08:59 AM
:cheering:

I'm a frogger, too. I guess I should check out those videos as well.

Angelia
01-20-2006, 09:25 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Sometimes frogging is a necessity, but oftetimes it's just that perfectionist in your head--glad you've shut her up! (mostly ;))

Ingrid
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
One of the best things to learn is how to fix mistakes! Good for you. It really helps you to understand exactly what you're doing with these sticks and string. ;)

Amber
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Those videos are wonderful, aren't they? When I first started knitting, I kept dropping stitches and having to start over.

I really think Amy's videos saved my sanity! :cheering:

benniesma
01-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Ribbit ribbit!

I think I'll go check those out too!

CarmenIbanez
01-20-2006, 12:34 PM
I am also a reformed frogger! I find half the problem is me going too fast because I want to be DONE with a project. I try to take my time and think about what I'm doing.

But anyway, yes, Amy's videos rock!

Kirochka
01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
My next task is to watch those videos again and again until I can do it - I just ripped about three inches of ribbing because I got into a wrong knit-purl sequence without noticing it and then couldn't fix it! :rollseyes: (I'm a beginner...)

mintdee
01-20-2006, 02:25 PM
good job!! :cheering: :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
01-21-2006, 05:40 AM
Well--good for you!! :thumbsup: I wish I could get to that, but I'm an ADD knitter.....and I have multiple health issues, including chronic pain with Fibromyalgia, which can give you little brain wonkies--they're called Fibro-fogs. When I'm having them--I may as well put the knitting away!! God bless my dh for living with and still loving me!! :heart: :heart: Guess I'll have a look at Amy's videos again, though. Maybe something will sink in! ;)

benniesma
01-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Yay! I did it! I noiticed that a row or two down I had purled where I should have knit. Instead of frogging, I just laddered down to the stitch and fixed it. Yay for me!

(Do I get a medal or something?) ;)

Wild Lotus
01-21-2006, 10:14 AM
I haven't watched the videos but I can tell you after a year of knitting, I've only recently realized that I don't have to frog all the way back to a mistake anymore. Now that I understand how to fix mistakes with my crochet needle, I'm not frogging as much.

FWIW, my mistakes tend to be purling where I should have knit and vice versa. I tend to make a lot of patterns with K2 P2 ribbing and my ADD brain tends to forget where I am. Of course I could just look at what I'm doing to know which stitch to do, but when I start talking while I'm knitting, forget it.