View Full Version : Maybe a silly question..

01-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Can you knit a cami similar to this ~ http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67176.0
I don't know how to crochet and I would love to make a tank top that is loose like this, with the open stitches.
I've hunted around online for a bit this morning though and can't seem to find a pattern for anything like this to knit.
So, should I give up and learn to crochet, or is it possible to knit something like this?

01-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't know if this would work, but I would try like "k2 yfwd(twice) where you want the holes to be. Just remember where you did that at . knit or purl the next row and then repeat the "k2 yfwd twice) like you did before. Or however you feel fit. I also have no idea how to crochet but that is how I would make my holes.

01-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Look at this cami. You could take the idea that they have at the bottom and just space the stitches out (holes) and try to make your "open" pattern out of this. I guess you'll just have to play around lol... or wait until an EXPERIENCED knitter logs on :roflhard: !!!!

Hope it helps.


01-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Ok this one is totally open lol....

01-21-2006, 06:07 PM

this one is the same SHAPE that you want

01-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Ok here's another one that is open. Maybe this will help, too.

01-21-2006, 06:22 PM
well, I can't find EXACTLY what you are looking for either, but I would try this site... it has many cami and tank top patterns. So, maybe you'll find one you like better than what you want.


Good Luck !!!

01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Thank you SO much for all the effort you've put into helping me!! :heart: I'm off to check out the patterns right now!

01-21-2006, 10:20 PM
How about this?:


The picture is kinda icky, but that is a lot like the crochet item. You could change the bottom with an openwork pattern from a stitch encyclopedia.