PDA

View Full Version : Candle Flame Shawl

Nana
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I really want to make this shawl. I have been fighting with the pattern now for a week. Everything is great until I get to row 19. :?? It just dosen't work out. I was hoping that someone here might have made this shawl, and can help me.

Ingrid
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Can you put the part you're having problems with here? Maybe we can help you work it out.

Or even better, is it a pattern you can link to?

Nana
01-24-2006, 02:12 AM
I tryed the link thing.That was a bust. .........I got the pattern from Pattern Central ( I Looooove that site) I got in contacted with someone ,that I guess runs the site (wonderful person) that sent me here for help..... So if you have a few minutes, here's my prob. Row 18 : P9,k2,P3,k2,p9. (I have 25 sts on the needle now) ........... Row 19 RS: k4, (k, yo, k)<--all in the same stitch.) p2 (sl2-k1-p2sso) p2,k4,(k, yo,k)k4 Co3st.........Now call me crazy, but does row 19 add up to 21 sts? Or what am I doing wrong? And another thing (remeber I'm new here) how do get those little smiley guys in my post? They look fun. Thanx ...Karen

KellyK
01-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Here ya go.....

Candle Flame Shawl (http://web.archive.org/web/20020624070248/www.balart.com/CANDLE.HTM)

I'm counting 21, too.... :??

Have you emailed the designer? The one whose email is at the bottom of the pattern? Sounds like you emailed Rachel at knittingpatterncentral...

Ingrid
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I get that you end up with 23, but use 21. That still doesn't help.

k4= 4
k,yo,k= 3
p2= 2
sl2,k1,psso=1
p2= 2
k4= 4
k,yo,k= 3
k4= 4
___

Nana
01-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I'v tried both Kelly,(emailing the site, and Linda Clark) Did ya notice that the Candle Flame site has not been updated since the year 2000! I was just hoping that I would fined someone in here, that has tried this pattern, and can say to me "YES KAREN THERE WAS A BOO-BOO, YOU ARE NOT THE VILLAGE IDIOT''. I'm NOT GIVING UP ON THIS. Thank you for letting vent :-) Karen

feministmama
01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow what a beeeeeyoooootiful pattern. I hope you can find the designer.

ctmax
01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I hope you find your answer :?: I would love to knit this :)

ctmax
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Look what I found on the internet. Turns out the pattern does have mistakes in the pattern and if you email this lady she will give you the corrections.

http://stitchesofviolet.blogspot.com/2004/11/candle-flame-shawl.html

forgot to say I emailed her, but have not recieved a email back yet

Nana
01-25-2006, 01:52 AM
ctmax, it seems you have turned out to be the" Nancy Drew" of the knitting world! Or are you wonder women? (Steal bra and all?) What ever the garb, your my new hero!! :D I will email that site (right this second) And if I don't get email back, I'll set up camp outside her house. Thanks to everyones help. I'll keep ya posted . Karen

KellyK
01-25-2006, 08:56 AM
"YES KAREN THERE WAS A BOO-BOO, YOU ARE NOT THE VILLAGE IDIOT''.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nana
01-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Ok, are you ready for this? I email the women that has the corrections for the candle flame shawl, she is kind enough to email me back (holding temper here now).........I see her email at the last minute, I'm late for work. I'll copy, and send a note of thanks when I get home from work . Husband comes home, (gnashing teeth now) HE DELEATS ALL EMAIL.AND TRASH TOO!!!!!!! Is this grounds for justifiable homicide? Are all men IDIOTS and I have married their KING !!! UGH!! I'm sure Violet will send me another copy.........thanx again.........Karen

Jan in CA
01-26-2006, 03:11 AM
Ok, are you ready for this? I email the women that has the corrections for the candle flame shawl, she is kind enough to email me back (holding temper here now).........I see her email at the last minute, I'm late for work. I'll copy, and send a note of thanks when I get home from work . Husband comes home, (gnashing teeth now) HE DELEATS ALL EMAIL.AND TRASH TOO!!!!!!! Is this grounds for justifiable homicide? Are all men IDIOTS and I have married their KING !!! UGH!! I'm sure Violet will send me another copy.........thanx again.........Karen

I'm sorry... I know nothing about this pattern, but I can't help but laugh..this had me cracking up! Sometimes were all married to the king! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

BonnieM
01-26-2006, 09:52 AM
HE DELEATS ALL EMAIL.AND TRASH TOO!!!!!!! Is this grounds for justifiable homicide?

I'm thinkin' you'd have a strong case for it!

WynnieG
01-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I am intensely interested in this pattern and its corrections. Any luck on retrieving them, before I go and bug the poor designer myself?

Nana
01-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I'v bugged the the correction lady twice now (for reasons you have read..The King) She has no prob. with emailing you th pattern. She seems queit delighted. Ihave got way past my prob. area, and it's looking great. So go ahead Wynnie. Karen

humblestumble
01-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I am trying to help her lessen her load, so I am now offering the corrections as well. mclittledrink@yahoo.com

feministmama
03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
So i have decided to go ahead and make this shawl with my Manos. But I'm stuck on the first stich!!!

The instructions say Cast on 1 stich then row is K,YO,K

but how do you YO if you've already knit the one stich off? :??

feministmama
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
DOH! OK I figured out the the Cast on stich is the second stich after the slip knot which kinda counts as a stich right? So anyway, when you've got 2 stiches on the needles you can do the K, YO, K .

SO then the next row (row 2) is p3
then row 3 says: K1, (k,YO,K),K1.
What I don't get is why is the K.YO.K in parenthesis? If I try to knit the first of three stiches then knit the next stich, YO and knit the next stich there are no stiches left over to do the last K. and the next row (row 4) says to P5 so what I did on the the 3rd row was k1 YO k1 YO k1. THat gives me 5 stches so that I can purl them in the next row.

But then row 5 says K2 (K,YO,K) K2 with row 6 being all purls again. So this is the pattern but it doesn't make sense to me. Does it make sense to anyone else? :??

Ingrid
03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
I think that from the first cast on, the (K, YO, K) is in the one stitch.

feministmama
03-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I think that from the first cast on, the (K, YO, K) is in the one stitch.

ooOOOOooo So on that first co stich I put then needle in, wrap yarn around and pull through as if to knit but don't pull the stich off, but YO first then knit.

Ingrid
03-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Exactly! That will get you your three stitches for the next row. :thumbsup:

feministmama
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
SO I get to the next set of instructions in parenthesis and I realize that this is a special stich. So I look on the fron of my paper that printed off the pattern from and lo and behold there is the K,YO,K as a special stich with instructions how to knit it. DOH! I didn't even see that! I was reading the pattern literally instead of reading it as "the stiches in the parenthesis refer to a special stich indictated at the begining of the pattern." I feel so stoopid. :oops:

Thanks Ingrid. You rock as always. What would we do without you! :heart:

Ingrid
03-11-2006, 02:45 PM
:blush: I'm glad you got it worked out. Reading the directions is generally a good first step! :rofling:

AnreeAce
03-11-2006, 05:26 PM

I'm sorry... I know nothing about this pattern, but I can't help but laugh..this had me cracking up! Sometimes were all married to the king! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Really, there's only one man, & we're all married to/involved with/infatuated by/infuriated by the same one... just different hair!
:rofling:

Ingrid
03-11-2006, 06:47 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

mintdee
03-11-2006, 09:31 PM
just different hair!
:rofling:

Or lack there of ;)
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

feministmama
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM
So I finally figured out this pattern and got going on it. I even foudnd the page for corrections on the web. Who knew! So here's some photos of my progress so far. I love knitting with Manos!!!!!!!

feministmama
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM
So I finally figured out this pattern and got going on it. I even foudnd the page for corrections on the web. Who knew! So here's some photos of my progress so far. I love knitting with Manos!!!!!!!

FruDart
03-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Here is the link to the corrections: candle flame corrections (http://www.knottygirls.com/jenlablog/freepatterns/candleflamecorr.pdf)

hellokitty165
09-03-2006, 11:16 AM
mine is half way done.... very fantastic pattern :woohoo: