PDA

View Full Version : Looking for v-neck, cross front pattern

knitqueen
01-25-2006, 11:17 PM
I have a very favorite shirt that I'd like to replicate. It is v-neck with a crossed front. I just love it. I thought maybe I'd try my hand at designing, I mean how hard could it be??? But good Lord, I got out my calculator and my gauge swatch and all that today and my mind was spinning. I don't have time for that kind of thing right now!

So I'm posting a picture here of my shirt, in hopes that someone knows of a knitting pattern out that that I've been unable to find, that sort of has the same idea. I like the waist shaping and I LOVE the crossed front. For some reason I want something with a low v-neck :oops: and really I'm NOT that kind of person. Maybe it's me living with my husband and two boys that has gotten me feeling the need to be a bit more feminine these day, I don't know!

Anyways, if anyone knows of a pattern I'd greatly appreciate it!!! :D

Ingrid
01-25-2006, 11:20 PM
It looks very familiar. I will keep an eye out and let you know where I've seen this.

Julie
01-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I had to smile at this because I've been working on a girls' sweater pattern that has a neckline almost identical to that....based, of course, on one of my favorite shirts of my daughter's. :D

The best advice I can give if you want to write the pattern yourself is: start with a regular v-neck sweater pattern, and chart it on graph paper. That's how I did mine -- the front (first attempt) was two pieces -- I joined them to the back shoulder stitches with 3nbo, and I picked up stitches all the way around and did a simple pick up/bind off edging, then sewed them together. I'm sorry that I don't have a pic, because I had to frog it :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes: it turned out just like I envisioned it, except that no head would fit through the neckhole. :roflhard: still working out the kinks, obviously.... ;)

knitqueen
01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Ooooooh, lookey what I found:
http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500807%20&PHPSESSID=4fd617c71eb3203ab674d305bcfe9c4f

The second sweater down, the turquoise one. :D

amy
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Poifect!! :cheering:

knitqueen
01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Now, if only I could actually FIND the pattern :rollseyes:

Ingrid
01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kcw-balletSweater.html You might be able to modify this one.

Scroll down on this page. (http://www.pacificwoolandfiber.com/Sweaters%20and%20Tops%20Patterns.htm)

Mer
01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
That Paton's booklet is just what I was going to recommend--I got it at Hobby Lobby.

knitqueen
01-31-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm in Canada. We don't have Hobby Lobby. I've looked at Michael's and at a store we have here in Canada called Lewiscraft. I'm going to look at our LYS (ya know, where they sell the EXPENSIVE stuff! ;) ) sometime when I DON'T have my kids in tow, if they don't have it there maybe I'll find it online somewhere.

knitqueen
01-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Found it here (www.yarnfwd.com/ca/patternsher10.html) if anyone else is interested. :D

gardenmommy
01-31-2006, 02:43 AM
All of the projects in there are pretty, I especially like the pink one on the cover (kicking myself for not looking for that book at HL today when I was there, oh well, just another excuse to go back since their books are half price this week!).

What color are you going to make it in?

knitqueen
01-31-2006, 02:55 AM
No clue yet. The yarn that the patterns asks for, Patons Katrina, from what I can tell from descriptions has a bit of a sparkle to it or something....bit too swanky for me, so I'd be looking to yarn substitute. :D

knitqueen
01-31-2006, 02:06 PM
My LYS has it!!! :happydance: SCORE!!!! :happydance: Of course I don't have yarn yet...the yarn budget is a smidge tight at the moment so I might have to buy a ball at a time but at least I'll have the pattern for future reference, and at only $3.95!!!

BTW, this is the very FIRST pattern I have actually payed $$$$ for. It's a milestone day. :lol:

CarmenIbanez
01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
I have a free patons pattern that is similar to that, but it ties on the side. It came free in a little booklet in my Vogue Knitting magazine.

CarmenIbanez
01-31-2006, 05:43 PM
There is also this (www.berroco.com/188/188_suzette.html) one.