PDA

View Full Version : Hat like this but knit on circulars?

butterflymama
01-26-2006, 02:13 AM
I made one of these (http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kvs-babyHat.html?noImages=0) already but I am not happy with how it has a seam on it. I *love* using the velvet yarn for it and the little knot on the top...anyone know of a pattern just like that is knit in the round and small circs? (no dpns, I am ultra new and scared of them lol) Or is there a way to modify this pattern to be made in the round?

Mer
01-26-2006, 11:16 AM
You could easily modify this to be in the round--follow the directions pretty much as written (but of course join at the beginning) and remember that you only do knit stitches in the round to form stockinette. You'd probably want to cast on 2 fewer stitches at the beginning to account for the stitches that would have been seamed in the original pattern. For the decrease rounds, you'd change the lines that say "Purl 1 row" to "knit 1 round." The decreases might not work out exactly, but you could fudge it a bit.

Now, however, you can't do it on small circs. It's going to be way too small--especially once you start to decrease--you'll have to use dpns or the magic loop or 2 circ methods. ;) Just watch Amy's videos--nothing to be scared of!