PDA

View Full Version : [QUIZ] What kind of knitter are you? *updated with new quiz*

earthchick
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Forgive me if this has already been done around here before. I love these little quiz things and thought this one was fun....

Take the quiz: Are you a knitter? (http://quizilla.com/users/Nyxael/quizzes/Are%20you%20a%20knitter%3F)

My results:
You're a hip knitter! Anything in style, in vogue, in fashion, or expensive is your thing! I bet you're a big fan of the Tiny Diva....

Actually, I must not be all that hip, because I have no idea who the Tiny Diva is....

flecker
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I may not be a granny, but I have the mentality of one.

Hmm, I just knew I wasn't a hipster.... ;)

Angelia
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm a granny, too! Is that good or bad, being a granny?

I've never been a hipster, so not getting that result came as no surprise! ;)

RachelJean
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
It says I'm a young knitter just starting out. It's true that I'm just starting out as a knitter, but young....umm not really. I will be 40 10 this year ;)

knitncook
02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
I am NOT a cutsie knitter!! This quiz is WRONG! I am hip. I know I am hip. I have the hips to prove it too! :D

You're a cutsie knitter! Knit anything for kids or babies, it doesn't matter what yarn or needles as long as the end result is *ADORABLE*!

That definitely is NOT me!

Lana
02-14-2006, 09:49 AM
TOO FUNNY! :roflhard:
It says I'm a young knitter..........NOT! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

dustinac
02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
You're a young knitter, just starting out. Welcome to the fold! Find yourself some nice soft yarn and grab a latte- it takes a while to finish a project but it's well worth it.

true..won't be a year till end of May... :D

horve1
02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Granny. :crying: I'm not ready for my 13 year old DD to be a mom!!!

Amber
02-14-2006, 10:55 AM
You're a young knitter, just starting out. Welcome to the fold! Find yourself some nice soft yarn and grab a latte- it takes a while to finish a project but it's well worth it.

Hmmm... Also, not young, but definetely new. Does my greeness show that much? Yes, I suppose it does... :frog: ;)

FruDart
02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
You may not be a granny, but you've got the mentality. Hard work and artistic vision lead to your beautiful knitted results.

It fits me :D

quirky
02-14-2006, 11:27 AM
I will be 40 10 this year

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

This is a little ditty I made up for all us ladies who are "of a certain age"

Happy reverse day to you! Happy reverse day to you!
The calendar says you are (insert real age here) but you look like 22! :balloons:

Jan in CA
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Not enough answers to really answer these questions properly, but...

"You may not be a granny, but you've got the mentality. Hard work and artistic vision lead to your beautiful knitted results."

:rollseyes:

mintdee
02-14-2006, 11:55 AM
You may not be a granny, but you've got the mentality. Hard work and artistic vision lead to your beautiful knitted results.

:shock: Granny huh?!

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Jeremy
02-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm a granny :??

mintdee
02-14-2006, 12:04 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: That is even funnier than me being a granny ;)

earthchick
02-14-2006, 12:06 PM
We've got lots of grannies around here! Maybe we redefine the word. :D

Jan, I agree, pretty short quiz (and why, oh why were Addis not on the list of needle options? :?? ) Maybe we should write our own quiz!

Ingrid
02-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm a granny :??

You're feminine side is showing! ;)

I'm a granny, too!

Jenelle
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM

I am NOT just begginging with my knitting! :evil:

:help: :verysad:

Ingrid
02-14-2006, 05:21 PM

I am NOT just begginging with my knitting! :evil:

:help: :verysad:

Would you rather be a granny, Jenelle? :rofling:

nicolethegeek
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
You are a masterful knitter! I don't know how you got this result, but what the hell... Enjoy your title, and try selling some of your "unvented" patterns- you may make enough for that bundle of qiviut you've been drooling over...
:thinking: Dunno how I got that! :?? I'm doing my first colourwork project ever! If this was for crochet, I'd totally agree though! ;)

earthchick
02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Here's a totally different quiz, same site, same topic: What Kind of Knitter Are You? (http://quizilla.com/users/sdamot/quizzes/What%20Kind%20of%20Knitter%20Are%20You%3F/)

I got:
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.

{Sounds right, but I definitely would not call myself a "guru."}

Jenelle
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Would you rather be a granny, Jenelle? :rofling:

:shock:

A granny at the age of 13... That would be.... :shock:

Jenelle
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.

:cheering:

Sounds just like me! ;)

BinkyKat
02-14-2006, 09:58 PM
"You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more. Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days."

Kewl! I'd say this is me! :happydance:

Ingrid
02-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I guess this all now makes me a Guru Granny!

Jenelle
02-14-2006, 10:46 PM

I guess it does! :rofling:

Angelia
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
You appear to be a Knitting Purist.
You are an accomplished knitter producing beautiful pieces with a classic feel. You sometimes lament losing half of your local yarn shop to garish novelty yarns. Perhaps you consider fun fur scarves the bane of knitting society and prefer to steer new knitters towards the wool and cotton blends. Some might call you a bit of an elitist but you know that you've been doing this craft long enough to respect the history behind it and honor it with beautiful piece that can last a lifetime.

Hmm...Now, I'm a Granny Purist...or a Purist Granny... :??

Darhain
02-14-2006, 11:04 PM

I'd say that's accurate! :)

Ingrid
02-14-2006, 11:11 PM

True. Just as long as you remember I'm a young granny! ;)

Darhain
02-14-2006, 11:14 PM

True. Just as long as you remember I'm a young granny! ;)

Of course, of course! Aren't all Guru Grannies twenty-nine?!? ;)

Ingrid
02-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Well, I can't be that young. My oldest daughter is 30. :shock:

Darhain
02-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, I can't be that young. My oldest daughter is 30. :shock:

See, not even old enough to be MY mom. Definitely a young Guru Granny. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I'm an Explorer Granny. :lol: Which is exactly what I hope to be one day ... one very far away day.

horve1
02-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Ok. 2nd quiz is better. I'm now a granny-guru. (Still don't like how this applies to my 13 year old)

KellyK
02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
I am a MASTERFUL GURU!

I feel as though I should now be wearing the orange toga of a tibetan monk and CHANTING something! :lol:

Ingrid
02-15-2006, 08:56 AM
I am a MASTERFUL GURU!

I feel as though I should now be wearing the orange toga of a tibetan monk and CHANTING something! :lol:

Yoooooooooo, yoooooooooooo

KellyK
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
02-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm
knit 1
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm
purl 1
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm

I want to be a guru!

knitncook
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh I like this second quiz much better. I'm another guru and since I refused to take the previous granny title, I'm sticking with just guru! :)

There is a t-shirt at cafe press that says K1, P2, Om (the symbol) Maybe I really do need that now :)

earthchick
02-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh man! I would *love* to get that tee. Can you share the link?

I liked this quiz better, too. I love the titles of Granny Guru and Masterful Guru! I guess I would be Hipster Guru, though maybe that should be Hipster Guru-in-Training. ;)

Jax3303
02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm a Granny Guru too. Which is odd as I am only 23 and my oldest is only 6........ :shock:

quirky
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Second quiz makes me an adventrous granny

Does that mean I will get to knit in Europe when I retire? :thinking:

nicolethegeek
02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
You appear to be a Knitting Goddess.
You are constantly giving and are unconcerned with reward, you simply want others to love knitting as much as you do. If someone wants to knit miles of novelty yarns, you are there for them. If someone wants to learn short row shaping, you can help. There are no taboos in knitting, only opportunities to grow. Everyone should have friend like you around if they want to learn to knit, and there's a good chance that your passion has rubbed off on a few others.
This definitely sounds like me except for the teaching part... although I did help teach my best friend how to purl continental over our web cams! I've taught a LOT in crochet, so that's okay!

knitncook
02-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Here's the link to the om t-shirt. (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_6/id_9697624/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t) However, there are days when this t-shirt: offensive t-shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_7399451/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t)
is much more how I am feeling. (May be offensive to some - contains the F-word) There are a ton of great knitting logos (for t-shirts, hats, bumperstickers, tote bags, etc.) at cafe press. Just do a search for knitting and you will get 64 pages of them!

Amber
02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.
You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more. Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days.

Angelia
02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Here's the link to the om t-shirt. (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_6/id_9697624/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t) However, there are days when this t-shirt: offensive t-shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_7399451/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t)
is much more how I am feeling.

Oh, thanks for the links! I love them both! :inlove:

nicolethegeek
02-15-2006, 08:34 PM
is much more how I am feeling.

I think they're both way too cool... the first link is the result of me doing the second link! :roflhard:

bookkid
02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm an adventurous granny... at the age of 13! Wow! my life really flew by. Must have been all those knitting adventures. :)

knittingymnast
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
im a granny! how rude!

knittintexas
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
ah yes, I am the young knitter....i just like the picture that I got with mine. A peaceful young lady knitting on the bridge by the stream...where's the crying baby and the six year old who wants to "help" with the yarn? :teehee:

Ilove2knit
02-11-2008, 09:11 PM
It says I'm a "masterful knitter". Hmmm...don't know how that works out...I'm just learning! I've only made four socks, only two of which actually matched each other! I just finished a sweater, and I'm designing a skirt as I go...but I still consider myself a beginner.

Mystery_Gyrl
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
The mentality of a Granny. Okay that smarts. I like to think of it as classic taste. :mrgreen:
Katrina

Plantgoddess+
02-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm a Granny Guru which is a good trick as both my dogs are fixed.
Those were fun to take.

Knitting_Guy
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Hmmmmm, I took both.

The first one said I amy not be a granny knitter but I have the mentality of one.

Yeah. Ok.

The second one is totally off base. It said I am a knitting guru.

Hardly. More like a knitting hack who just makes it up as he goes along :rofl:

willowangel
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Ooooh, apparently I'm a 'Masterful Knitter' and, funnily enough given the subject of the post I made a second ago, it says I should write and sell the random patterns I make up! Woo!

knit2btied
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
:teehee: I'm a "young" "guru"

Only I really am a granny! wanna trade gymnast? :roflhard:

dreamsherl
02-11-2008, 11:32 PM
You're a hip knitter! Anything in style, in vogue, in fashion, or expensive is your thing!

http://images.quizilla.com/N/Nyxael/1056045921_knitting4.jpg

knitmama
02-12-2008, 12:37 AM
According to the first one, I'm a young knitter. The second says I'm a knitting guru. Hmm, I wonder which one is right?

bajanKnit
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
OH dear me I am not a granny I would hope not I have not even seen a star pitch as yet let alone be a granny.

gingerbread
02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
:roflhard:You're a cutsie knitter knit anything for kids or babies it doesn't matter what yarn or needles as long as the end results is * ADORABLE *. :roflhard:

Well I won't say I am really a cutsie Knitter but I do knit for my grandchildren.:thumbsup:

Sunshine's Mom
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
I may not be a granny, but I've got the mentality. Hard work and artistic vision lead to your beautiful knitted results.

Hard to believe I got that rating when I love to knit "socks, socks, socks, socks, socks".