PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Searching for Lamb's Pride Worsted M-10 Creme

Sara
02-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I need at least three skeins of this in dye lot 513.

Brown Sheep doesn't have any of this lot left. None of the online sellers list the dye lot.

I would be happy to purchase or trade for it.

:pray:

wildforyarn
02-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Sara, don't be afraid to e-mail the seller's your question about dye lot. I have done that many times before, and even been surprised that it was what I was looking for. ;) Hope you find it. I'm sorry I don't have any to offer you.

Sara
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I've called/emailed all across the continent and come up with nothing. But at least everyone I've talked to has been nice. And the guy from Seaport Yarns in Maine went out of his way to try to help! :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to come up with plan B. This was for my sweater class, so I'll have to have something new and brilliant by Sunday. :doh:

Ingrid
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
If you can't find yarn with the same dye lot, you can try this trick. For a few inches, knit one row with the old dye lot and one row with the new dye lot, then continue with the new one. Nowadays, dye lots are really not that different, except for small mills and hand dyed, so it might be worth a shot.

Also, if you can, you can knit the sleeves with the different dye lot, and it wouldn't be that noticeable, either.

feministmama
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Have you tried this place?

http://stores.ebay.com/Oregon-Trail-Yarn-and-Books_Brown-Sheep-Wool-Yarn_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Sara
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
My LYS got a bag of another dye lot, and it's just too different. The new dye lot just doesn't have the same sheen. It's duller and darker. I'll have to think about your suggestion, Ingrid.

I will check that out, thanks Femmy!

Sara
02-17-2006, 12:17 AM
OMG! I added that site to my favorites list! I'm going to buy from them, definitely. Thanks again!

Sara
02-17-2006, 01:02 PM
I GOT IT!!

Thank you, Village Yarn Shop in Rochester, NY! The owner was very nice. She's mailing it today!!!

:cheering:

Ingrid
02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: