PDA

View Full Version : WAAAA! Snapped a needle!!!!!! :-(

KNITBIT
02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Ok...just had to get this out...

Here's the situation: I took my son to school, came home did a lil knitting on my sock before I had to take my daughter to school...everythings cool. (Btw, only had like 1 1/2" left to finish).

I take my daughter to school come home and decide to work on my sock for another 10mins or so. I'm knitting along...hum..de..hum...la la la....then SNAP! :crying: ACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I was like what the?!? :wall:

<sigh> Neway...it was a Brittany 5" dpn size 2. I had read how some people had size 1, and 2 break while doing k2tog, or ssk. So I had tried to be extra careful. Which I thought I was. :doh: Guess not. :( Geez. btw..I was doing a ssk, I believe..it was so quick.

The good news is Brittany's are guaranteed for 5yrs. Thank God! :happydance: I emailed them and got a very QUICK response! :cheering: They said they'd be sending me out a new needle tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! They're awesome! :notworthy:

Ok, lol I feel better now...had to tell my lil story to others that would understand my distress. :verysad:

LOL, I put my 2 piece needle in a lil ziploc baggy and put it in my knitting cabinet. I told my dh what happened and that I had put it in a lil baggy etc. He's like,"Aww, did you bury it in the backyard? The dogs would love to then dig it up and run around with it!" LOL silly man! :rollseyes:

Good thing they come in a set of 5 so I can finish my sock and start on the 2nd.

KNITBIT :XX:

OTN: Socks

Ingrid
02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
It's a shame, but at least it was resolved so quickly! :thumbsup:

Angelia
02-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow, that is a quick result! :thumbsup: Sorry that it happened though :(

KNITBIT
02-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Thx for the support, and listening guys! :D Now that the broken needle saga has been solved and a new needle is on it's way...back to knitting! :XX:

KNITBIT ;)

OTN: Socks! :heart: