PDA

View Full Version : So cool! One of my second grade students wants to knit!!!!

Jazzmatazz
02-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Today as I was grading papers and letting my class "play" with puzzles, computer games, and math manipulatives since it is Friday....

The toughest, most freckle-faced little boy in my class came up to me and told me that he is going to learn to knit. He said, "Last night I got the knot on the needle". Whatever that means. I asked him if his mom knows how to knit, and he said "kind of". He got some book called Funky Knitting, and I told him he could bring the book and kit to me and I'd show him how to knit. Isn't that the funniest thing?

Jan in CA
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
That is so cool! Maybe by "knot" he means the slip knot that some people start with?

fancy_polar01
02-25-2006, 12:01 AM
That is so awesome!! I wish that I had learned to knit when I was younger, I just started knitted last summer and that's because one of my friends from school had brought her knitting over to my house and then got me hooked.. :XX: Now, I can never stop knitting!

alicia
02-25-2006, 10:50 AM
That is so cool!
I wish I had learned how to knit when I was little... Although, I do have a vague memory of a very messy and long chain of crochet that I made in the back of my gmas car on the way to somewhere...
What a gift!