PDA

View Full Version : FO: Oregon Tote #5

DotMom61
02-27-2006, 10:26 PM
OK, here's Oregon Tote #5:

http://static.flickr.com/39/105561256_1550c93d0d.jpg

This was done w/ KnitPicks WOTA in Blueberry & Daffodil. I used twisted cords for the handles instead of i-cord, and I really think I'm going to re-do the handles. They came out way too short. So, there are single handles on each side instead of double.

I also noticed that WOTA shrinks more in width than height than Lamb's Pride, and this bag is just a smidgen less sturdy than the ones I made w/ LP.

Danielle
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Very nice! You did a great job! :thumbsup:

Jenelle
02-27-2006, 11:14 PM
#5?? Wow! Grats on that!!

I love the colors too! :thumbsup:

Pensguys
02-27-2006, 11:17 PM
GASP!!!!! I LOVE the colors!!!!! Blue is one of my FAVORITE colors and I just LOVE the twisted handles!!!!

I love how you carried the yellow too!!!! I love everything about it!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :thumbsup:

Ronda
02-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks great!

kayeknit
02-28-2006, 08:08 AM
That is sooo cute! I just love :inlove: how you used those two colors. Unique! :thumbsup:

Pensguys
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
How did you knit the small lines of yellow? I'd like to do something like this when I make mine.

Thanks.

mintdee
02-28-2006, 10:04 AM
:inlove: That is so pretty!!! I love it :)

Lana
02-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Very, VERY well done!:thumbsup:

Amber
02-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Beautiful! :inlove:

kemp
02-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Very pretty! Y

ou've got to be sick of that Oregon pattern now :roflhard:

DotMom61
03-01-2006, 12:57 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Yes, Cheryl, I'm a bit weary of it, and I still have one to go.

Pensguys -- you asked how I did the thin lines ... I just did a k1,sl1 when I switched yarn colors, then knit a round in the new color, and then I switched colors again and did K1,sl1 again. I like the way they turned out. :-)

And THANKS to the rest of you for the nice compliments!!!

nanonette
03-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Gorgeous!!! Can't believe how many totes you've completed!! :thumbsup:

rosemaryknits
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
DotMom61, I love your bag! I don't understand your directions, however. Did you mean to say "then" instead of "when" in your passage below:

Pensguys -- you asked how I did the thin lines ... I just did a k1,sl1 when I switched yarn colors, then knit a round in the new color, and then I switched colors again and did K1,sl1 again. I like the way they turned out.

Did you Knit one slip one in blue, then knit in the new color (yellow?), then knit one slip one in blue? Thanks in advance! :XX:

By the way, Hello everyone! Just wnat I need, another knitting board! I love knitting boards!
Rosemary in Colorado
http://rosemaryknits.blogspot.com

HeatherFeather
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
that's the mosaic type knitting technique...

you have the base color knit for how ever long you want
switch yarn colors
row 1 of pattern *k1,s1*
row 2 knit all the way around

row 3 now, my ?? lol....do you do the k1,s1 in the same pattern? or is it alternating?

butterflymama
03-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I *love* the twisted handles! What a great bag! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
03-02-2006, 10:44 PM
OK ... I'll see if I can explain the k1,sl1 motif a little better.

I knit, knit, knit in Blueberry.
Then I switched to yellow.
At that time, I k1,sl1 -- result: every other stitch was yellow
Then I knit a round using just the yellow -- result: one row of solid yellow.
Then I switched back to Blueberry and k1,sl1 with that yarn -- result: every other stitch was Blueberry.
Then I just continued on a for a few rows in Blueberry and switched entirely to yellow.
When I was done w/ the yellow, I switched entirely to Blueberry and knit a few rows
Then I repeated the k1,sl1 routine as above when I was ready to throw in another narrow band of yellow.

Is that more clear??? I hope????

Pensguys
03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Ahhhhh......MUCH more clear to me now! :)

rosemaryknits
03-02-2006, 11:52 PM
DotMom61 - so - is the motif a checkerboard, or more like a series of H's? I knitted a swatch, and if I did the knit1slip1 first in blue, then knit straight around in yellow, then slip1knit1 in blue, I ended up with, more or less, a checkerboard. If I did it the way you described, first doing the slip stitch with yellow, and so on, then I ended up with something more or less like a vertical line in yellow then a dot, then a vertical line in yellow, then a dot, sort of like a series of Capital H's, rather than a checkerboard. HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH like this, but with no spaces between the H's. It looks like a checkerboard on your photo. I also swatched a k1blue, k1yellow, then in the next row, k1yellow, k1blue, and came out with the best checkerboard of all.

Yes, I'm investing way too much time on this problem, but you see, today I have the time as I'm taking care of a sick child instead of my usual running around. :?? :XX: :D I haven't sat and knitted a test swatch in a very long time!

DotMom61
03-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Penny -- Glad that cleared it up for you!!

Rosemary -- You're really thinking this through, aren't you? :lol: Quite honestly, I was just following my nose when I did it. I was going to just put a single thin stripe of yellow, knit some more blue, and then do the big band of yellow, and instead I decided to do the slip stitch thing at the last minute. So, I didn't really pay that close of attention to *how* I did it. :??

Your checkerboard pattern sounds really nice, though!! Have fun swatching away, and I hope your youngun is feeling lots better tomorrow!!!!