PDA

View Full Version : New Game - "Beat" Ingrid!

CarmenIbanez
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I have devised a new game that all can enjoy. After several attempts, it is quite clear that I cannot beat Ingrid at her own game. Can you? Post a question in the "How-To" section. Then, begin to research the topic yourself. If you can actually find an answer, before Ingrid posts her response, then you win the game! But don't worry, you won't!

:heart: :roflhard: :rofling: :heart:

Okay, edited so that it wouldn't look like I wanted people to beat Ingrid up!

Ingrid
03-01-2006, 05:56 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Are there prizes involved?

brendajos
03-01-2006, 05:58 PM
bah! i quit already! *stomp!* The only time i ever beat ingrid to an answer is when i am wrong! :rofling: :rofling:

Ingrid
03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
For the record, I love when people beat me to an answer; but at the same time I hate to make people wait.

CarmenIbanez
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I suppose I could offer one million dollars, since no one can win!

butterflymama
03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
See, I think the secret is the time of day. Like you would win if she was in the car on her way to work or asleep at 2am....otherwise, forget it. :rofling:

CateKnits
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
The only times I beat Ingrid are when I'm wrong, too. I pretty much don't bother, because if I'm right, Ingrid will just answer what I was going to say in a few minutes anyway. :roflhard: :heart:

Jan in CA
03-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I only answer when I think I know the answer and usually I'm right, but if I'm not sure I know Ingrid will know..or know where to find it. ;)

nicolethegeek
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Umm... uhh.. Ingrid *has* been known to be wrong ya know... My unspoken claim to fame was catching her error in answering a question once. I have to admit I was very polite online about it, but here at home, I was "YA!!! I got Ingy!". :happydance:

Sorry Ingrid... but considering my life and where I work, I will take my triumphs however and whenever they show up. And it's just 'cause we love ya so much that we enjoy "trying to get you" so much!!! :thumbsup:

CarmenIbanez
03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
All is fair in love and knitting!

Ingrid
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Umm... uhh.. Ingrid *has* been known to be wrong ya know... My unspoken claim to fame was catching her error in answering a question once. I have to admit I was very polite online about it, but here at home, I was "YA!!! I got Ingy!". :happydance:

Sorry Ingrid... but considering my life and where I work, I will take my triumphs however and whenever they show up. And it's just 'cause we love ya so much that we enjoy "trying to get you" so much!!! :thumbsup:

I HAVE been known to answer the occasional question wrong, true. But did you know it was a test? You, of course, passed that test with flying colors, but I have to do something to keep you all on your toes. :rofling: :--- :---

butterflymama
03-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I think the forum should be renamed to "Ingrids Answers" or something much more clever. :lol:

Ingrid
03-02-2006, 07:06 PM
I think the forum should be renamed to "Ingrids Answers" or something much more clever. :lol:

Oh no, no, no. . ..

butterflymama
03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Why Ingrid? Can't handle the pressure?

:roflhard:

Just kidding!!!!

But seriously, how *do* you know so much, o wise one? :D

Ingrid
03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Why Ingrid? Can't handle the pressure?

Just kidding!!!!

But seriously, how *do* you know so much, o wise one? :D

I think I know a lot about knitting because I've done it on and off throughout my life. Everything I learned how to do, I had to find in books, since there was no internet and I didn't grow up around any knitters, really. I seem to retain what I do, too, unlike other things in my life! :rofling: How many times do I have to look up the same recipe? :rollseyes: I think the more I understand, the more I'm able to understand what I read, too. Plus, when people have questions here, I learn, too.

But without this awesome site, I'd have to keep it all to myself, and I really do enjoy sharing!

butterflymama
03-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't you just hate that about recipes? Ugh! The worst! And then you see it and know that you knew that!

Anyway, I think its awesome you can remember it all! Even if it a slightly selfish reason I think its awesome. :lol:

WynnieG
03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
You know, for the 2am slot when you *think* she couldn't possibly be around to answer? Forget it. She's got a SheepBot. :XX:

Ingrid
03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
You know, for the 2am slot when you *think* she couldn't possibly be around to answer? Forget it. She's got a SheepBot. :XX:

Must be, because I'm NEVER on at 2am!!! :roflhard:

BinkyKat
03-02-2006, 08:02 PM
It ain't possible i tell you!
Just like the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth... beating ingrid is something that will never be proven possible! Exibit I (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10127&highlight=)

Jodie

nicolethegeek
03-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Must be, because I'm NEVER on at 2am!!! :roflhard:
Now tonight you will be cursed with insomnia, and you *will* be here at 2 am!!! :roflhard:

Ingrid
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
It ain't possible i tell you!
Just like the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth... beating ingrid is something that will never be proven possible! Exibit I (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10127&highlight=)

Jodie

Do you know that I almost went back and deleted my post when I say yours? I'm becoming self-conscious, here. I think I'll go knit!

BinkyKat
03-02-2006, 08:15 PM
:shock:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

WE LOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!
Come back! Stay! We need you!!!!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Angelia
03-03-2006, 08:43 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

countingsheep
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Whoever is keeping a running total - she was right again!

Her advice re: Addi problem was spot on!

So... what are her numbers anyway? Maybe that could be tacked onto her # of posts - # posts: 11,+++ # correct answers: ?? # wrong answers: 1

So... Who's our next contestand for: Beat Ingrid with the Correct Answer!

not me, Ang!

feministmama
03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Alright people I'm going to post in the "how to" forum. See who can answer first. Ready....set.....go.......

AidanM
03-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm almost positive that when it's somewhere around 3 AM PST, I've been on the forum and answered questions that Ingrid will post in after me or not at all. :lol:

punkhippiemom
03-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, but 3am PST is 6am EST, which is about the time our little Ingy dear is having her coffee and settling iun for a quick check of KH before running off to work... ;) :rofling:
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I don't know where this forum would be without Ingrid and Kelly... we miss Rebecca lots, because she's the cheerleader around here, and if Ingrid and Kelly left too, we'd all be lost... :crying:

:oo: I know I couldn't keep up with all of you guys!! :shifty:

Ingrid
03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
:blush:

AidanM
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I know I don't answer questions if Ingrid's gotten to it first. :rofling:

cindyloowho
03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I think what is great about you Ingrid, is the WAY you describe something. Many have knowledge, few can teach that knowledge so well.
Thank you for all the time and input you contribute!
Cindy :XX: