PDA

View Full Version : Sophie bag from Black Sheep

MamaKnits
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I have two skeins of Wool of the Andes in my stash. The pattern calls for 220 yards of yarn which is exactly the amount of WoA I have. Has anyone made this pattern? Does it take the entire 220 yards? I'm scared to start and end up a few yards short.

Thank you!

Amber
03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure I can be much help. I just made this bag -- using WOTA no less, but I made a striped version in four colors, so I'm not really sure how much yarn I used.

I think since the yarn called for in the pattern and WOTA are both worsted weight, as long as you match the gauge for the pattern, you should have enough.

kitkat
03-03-2006, 03:13 PM
I have not made this bag - however, it says it takes one skein of cascade 220, which is 220 yards, so you *should* be ok.

brendajos
03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah i can't be much help either cuz i made this bag with....i believe it was an Iceland and lambs pride bulky. and of course i wasn't following the directions EXACTLY so mine wasn't quite the same...lol

i might could put that liner in that one one of these days since it has been sitting on my dining room table waiting for a liner since i finished felting it! :rollseyes: