PDA

View Full Version : what to do with this???

koolbreeze
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
i won this on Ebay. it is handspun wool...chucky with slubs... i have 10+ hanks but i don't know how much is on one hank yet.

Ingrid
03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Looks kind of like a Lopi yarn. Do you plan on dyeing it? Or felting?

Julie
03-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow, that's beautiful! Is it soft or scratchy? I would probably try dyeing it...at least some of it.... :D

koolbreeze
03-08-2006, 08:04 PM
now ya'll know i'm gonna dye!!!! its soft kind of. i'm not gonna felt it cause i like the slubs and i want to see them. i was kind of thinking some chunky sweaters for the girls or one for me!

Ingrid
03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I think it would make a wonderful top down raglan--kind of a sweatshirt style. It would be so comfy!

wildforyarn
03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, I was going to suggest dying it, but obviously you are already on top of that! ;) I just got a Ram Wool magazine in the mail and they had a chunky turtleneck sweater in it that I liked. If you go on their website http://www.ramwools.com and search for Ram Designs Simple Chunky Sweater. I don't know if you would be able to e-mail them for just the pattern or not. I think it is just in a kit. Anyway, it looks like the perfect sweater for that yarn! Can I be nosey and ask what you paid for that great find??

koolbreeze
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
$35 shipping included!!! she said she bought it from a yarn store in New Hampshire. i wonder why she didn't want it anymore? :??

nicolethegeek
03-09-2006, 12:43 AM
I just got a Ram Wool magazine in the mail and they had a chunky turtleneck sweater in it that I liked. If you go on their website http://www.ramwools.com and search for Ram Designs Simple Chunky Sweater. I don't know if you would be able to e-mail them for just the pattern or not. I think it is just in a kit. Anyway, it looks like the perfect sweater for that yarn!
I got my copy about 2-3 weeks ago, but I haven't been in the store for over a month. They've got a clearance sale going on for their catalogue samples, so I need to avoid them for a little bit longer! I'll probably be there just after the middle of the month though and I can find out from them about the pattern then. I got a free cardigan pattern in one of my emails from them, and I wanted to pick up some of the Selkirk to make it. As for the turtleneck, I was actually looking at that kit myself, and had 2 of the colours noted... so it's a WIM for me too!