PDA

View Full Version : Booga Bag Question

kellyjo32
03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm working on my first Booga, and I've read that a lot of people double the yarn for the bottom. I got three skeins of Noro, will there be enough to double it? Or could I use another strand of something else? I just started, so I don't want to get too far and then frog, and I don't want to finish it with one strand, and maybe wish I did two for the bottom?! :thinking:

gardenmommy
03-10-2006, 02:00 AM
http://vtknitter.blogspot.com/2005/12/customized-booga-bag.html

This one recommends doubling up on a solid for the bottom, so you don't have to use your beautiful Noro where it won't be seen! LOL

cindyloowho
03-10-2006, 01:35 PM
I used the 3 Noro skeins with very little left over. I didnt double the bottom yarn. Looking back I should have picked up a few more sts around the bottom, and then dec'd them to make the bottom tighter. I did line my bottom with a fabric covered cardboard insert. For my first bag and felting project, the $24 for Noro was plenty.

Good Luck with your project
Cindy :XX:

DannahK
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I'd use a different type of yarn with the Noro if you are going to double just the bottom. I did that and nearly ran out of yarn!

kellyjo32
03-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks gardenmommy, that's a good idea. I also like the idea of putting a fabric covered cardboard bottom...hmm...decisions, decisions!