PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!!!!

Nikki
03-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello great teachers! I've been lurking here since late last fall/early winter when a friend told me of Amy's site. Dial up here so I ordered her CDs and started knitting. A side note-AMY, thanks so much for the CDS, without you/them I wouldn't be knitting. Signed up for a 6 week beginning knitting course at the LYS and with my CDs I was able to keep up-or I have been so far. Now on to what I did.

I just finished my first pair of FT clogs!!! Haven't felted them yet cause it's Monday morning and the washer it tied up with sheets, towels and stuff. A huge thank you to all of you.

Nikki

dustinac
03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
:cheering: Nikki welcome to the forum and Congrats on the clogs!!!! :happydance:

brendajos
03-13-2006, 01:16 PM
do the sheets tomorrow! FELT THEM CLOGS!

Cristy
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm w/ brendajos...forget the towels....

and WELCOME!!!

feministmama
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Welcome! :waving: Clogs as your first project? You are brave :notworthy:

butterflymama
03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh my goodness! You go girl! I cannot wait to see your awesome clogs!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

HeatherFeather
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
AWSOME JOB!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

samm
03-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Now wait, to be a full fledged knitting nutbar like me, you have to put the knitting project first!!! ;) Felting comes before laundry always! It's a rule! :D :D :D I'd love to see those clogs! I haven't made any 'cause I'm allegic to wool. Alas, no clogs for me. Happy knitting to you! Glad you've joined us. samm

Nikki
03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks everyone! The clogs are now felted and drying on a towel, stuffed with plastic grocery bags on the kitchen table. They are amazing. When I see them, I just keep thinking to myself, "did I really do that?". They are only one color and made with Casscade 220. If I remember correctly from all the reading I did about them they will still be drying this weekend. That's okay, I'm not sure I'm going to wear them anyway. I may just put them on the mantle in the living room and look at them.
Nikki

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
:cheering: yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Glad to have you as a former-lurker!!!!! :-)

AnreeAce
03-14-2006, 11:44 AM
When I see them, I just keep thinking to myself, "did I really do that?" ... I may just put them on the mantle in the living room and look at them.
Nikki

I feel the same way when something comes off the needles, be it scarf, washcloth or what have you. It's quite a feeling, isn't it?

Put 'em on your feet, go for a walk, it'll be cool! Just don't spend all you time gazing at your clogs while you walk, you might wander out into traffic!

Great job!