PDA

View Full Version : Blood isn't a good thing on yarn is it??? :0(

MsShelle
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I was almost done with my friend's little boys fingerless gloves. I then got up to let my dog out and slammed my finger in the door. Now it's bleeding, so unless blood is some amazing way to add a little bit of yourself to your gift, guess I won't be finishing it tonight. :shock:

Though, I am also knitting myself a red bag....hmm, it could blend in well and I'm sure when I Felt it the blood would be gone... :roflhard:

Ingrid
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
:rofling: That's it! You can do it--knit through the pain! :cheering:

MsShelle
03-15-2006, 12:21 AM
So I take it that your vote is that blood adds to the gift???? :lol:

HeatherFeather
03-15-2006, 08:53 AM
if there's a lot of it..not sure what to do...

BUT...a quilters trick....your own saliva gets out your own blood....so give it a spit, and work out the blood!!!

Ingrid
03-15-2006, 08:55 AM
So I take it that your vote is that blood adds to the gift???? :lol:

I don't think I'd want to give a bloody gift, but red works! ;) If atheletes can play hurt, I think we should get credit for knitting hurt. :rollseyes:

MsShelle
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, I am using acrylic so it's washable.

Okay, all kidding aside, I did not get blood on the gift. As soon as I smashed my finger, I covered it up and made sure to not go near the knitting until it stopped bleeding. I didn't realize how important thumbs are..OUCH! :oops:

knitncook
03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
There is also the old midwife standby for getting out blood - hydrogen peroxide. It's great for getting out blood stains!