PDA

View Full Version : 2 FO - Lucy Bag and dishcloth

Ronda
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
The Lucy Bag http://www.blackberry-ridge.com/lucybag.htm was my first attempt at using FIVE DPN. :shock: What a trip that was, but I finally got the hang of it. I didn't want to do my first one with expensive yarn, so I used Patons Classic Wool (Merino) in Natural Mix. I was actually impressed with the way it felted. It's very thick and very sturdy. It actually took me a month to make this purse because some of the steps were new to me and I was scared I would mess it up, so I would just put my knitting down for a week and try to forget about it. Unfortunately, it was laying on the table in the kitchen and so I got to see it every time I passed by - and I had to move it off the table to eat dinner with the family, so it was always calling out to me to keep trying!

I always wondered why people would knit a dishcloth, but I saw some on here that were really gorgeous and I wanted to try some myself! I got the pattern from the Dishcloth Boutique. It's the Feather and Fan pattern. I used Sugar 'N Cream in Buttercream. Now I know it's a great way to learn a new pattern! This is my first attempt at anything lacy. I had a ball doing it and it was done very quickly - in about 2 hours (which is fast for me!).

(The battery on my camera was dying, so the colors of the photos and the quality of the photos are not the best.)

Jan in CA
03-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Beautiful!! Love that bag! The dishcloth is very pretty! I use them all the time!

wildforyarn
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Great job! Love them both. The bag is soo pretty!

Amber
03-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Great job! The bag looks fantastic -- I love the pin you added. And the dishcloth looks great too. I really like the colors!

Danielle
03-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Great job! :thumbsup:

rebecca
03-21-2006, 11:05 PM
I love your cloth & bag :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: I want to do a Lucy bag...I must order the pattern; I really love it :D

Tammy6071
03-21-2006, 11:10 PM
That is gorgeous bag, nice job!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
03-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Great work! That pin adds a really nice touch to the bag! The cloth is beautiful, too.

Ronda
03-22-2006, 07:52 AM
:heart: Thanks, everyone! Such encouragement and support just moves me to knit more! LOL

sara_jayne
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
That bag is beautiful! Great job!

The discloth is great too - I just bought some Sugar and Cream last night so I can try this dish cloth craze thing!

Lindsey H
03-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Both look great. I just finished a Lucy Bag. I will post soon. The pin on the strap is a nice touch. I love knitting dishcloths too. It seems silly at first but they are fun and a nice diversion.