PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's Furry, Fuzzy Steering Wheel Cover

Shandeh
03-22-2006, 03:30 PM
I designed this steering wheel cover last year, using Fun Fur yarn to make it FUN! I got so many compliments on it, especially when I was going through a drive-thru restaurant or bank.

Since you guys are such good friends, I have decided to post it here for free!
:D
http://spinningsandy.blogspot.com/2006/03/furry-fuzzy-steering-wheel-cover.html

Have fun. :happydance:

Ingrid
03-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Cool! Thanks!

knittnl
03-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Thank you! I was just thinking of making a pillow for the back seat of the car.... to have a pillow and throw for road trips. It would look cute too. The steering wheel cover will be the icing on the cake!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
there is one like that in one of the stitch and bitch books.... I was considering making it.... Is it hot/sweaty in the summer time? That was my only concern......

bjc1050
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
That looks great! Think I'd like to make some for Christmas gifts. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
there is one like that in one of the stitch and bitch books.... I was considering making it.... Is it hot/sweaty in the summer time? That was my only concern......

I saw that one too....after I designed mine. (So, no copyright problems here.) I have no problems with it at all in the summer. It keeps the wheel nice and cool. Of course, I don't have sweaty hands, so maybe that's why it doesn't get wet. ;)

I've made different covers for different times of the year. When a season is over, I just cut off the old wheel cover and put on a pretty new one! It's a whole lot cheaper than buying those covers at the store, and I can make it any color I want. Plus, my wheel is ONE OF A KIND.

Shandeh
03-22-2006, 11:49 PM
That looks great! Think I'd like to make some for Christmas gifts. :thumbsup:

Cool! Just keep in mind that the cover has to be sewn onto the wheel when it's finished, so make sure you can do that for them!

Andrea
03-23-2006, 03:05 AM
That is really cute, Sandy!!! :D

Shandeh
03-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks! Funny thing....my husband took one look at it and said, "Well, you're safe now. The car is completely yours. I wouldn't get caught dead driving it, because people will think I'm a LITTLE too frilly."
:lol:

Fine with me. I didn't like it when he pushed the driver's seat back so far anyway!