PDA

View Full Version : Time to jump in!

callmesusan
03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi. Well, I have been skulking around this forum for a few weeks and decided it is time to be a participant. I am delighted to have found the underground of knitting--I knew you had to be there! I have learned a few tricks and have seen beautiful works by all of you.

Thanks to FriskieKittie, I have a start on MySoCalledScarf, and I love it! I have had some trouble with the stitch and had to cut out the glass of wine when I work on her, but I have gotten good at unknitting the stitch and it is mostly going forward now. I also finished my first sock and presented it, along with sock #2 in progress, to my sister for her birthday. She was impressed with my new talent, but I had to give a lot of credit to the self-patterning yarn. Finally, last night I went to Group Therapy at my LYS and gathered a bunch of yarns in earthy colors to make my own version of prisim yarn. I plan to make an asymmetrical poncho out of it. That's all I am willing to admit to as being OTN right now!

CarmenIbanez
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Very beautiful scarf! Welcome to the not-so-underground.

Calabaza
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Welcome!! Everything looks great! I can't wait to see the poncho

Amber
03-28-2006, 05:44 PM
The scarf and the socks are lovely. And that yarn... :inlove:

Ingrid
03-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Beautiful work and gorgeous yarn!!!

rebecca
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
:waving: Welcome, welcome!! LOVE, LOVE your work...lookin' good :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
03-29-2006, 08:29 AM
GORGEOUS!!

sara_jayne
03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Everything looks so wonderful! I love the scarf in the Noro yarn - I might have to get some of that! :thinking:

kemp
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum. The scarf looks great in Noro and I :heart: :heart: :heart: the socks!