PDA

View Full Version : FOs - Group 1: Baby Stuff

Jackie F.
03-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Here's a slew of FOs that I knit for my DD last year. The green cardigan was my first sweater ever. Before I knit that, I made her a pink hearts blanket. I didn't include the blanket since it now has holes in it! Also, the ripple blanket and coral cardigan were gifts for a fellow math teacher.

Isn't baby stuff fun?! My next project for my DD is going to be a KP's Jumper. It's a mosaic pattern from Barbara Walters designed by Celeste Culpepper: http://www.knitpicks.com/books/itemid_50410/books_display.aspx

knit-a-holic
03-29-2006, 02:47 AM
Those all look wonderful!! I love the sweaters! Great job!!! :thumbsup:

Jackie F.
03-29-2006, 04:10 AM
The raspberry sweater is from Amy's Bumble Bee sweater pattern. It has a butterfly stitch pattern. I used Caron Simply Soft. Note: do not put this yarn in super-hot dryer for long. It will lose it's shine and get a little bit fuzzy... though it still looks decent enough IMHO.

The pink heart blanket pics I had forgotten about since we have a gazillion pics of our daughter saved on our computer. Can you see the hearts? It's kinda hard, sorry. :oops:

The other pics are of the sweaters I included in the original post. I just HAD to show what my cutie pie looks like in my knitted creations! :heart:

KellyK
03-29-2006, 08:21 AM
OMG what a HAPPY baby!!!! :heart:

That's a lot of FIRSTS in that list, Jackie! GREAT job!!

kayeknit
03-29-2006, 08:28 AM
My goodness, you've been busy! Everything looks so wonderful!

Eiline
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
What beautiful sweaters! You did a terrific job!!

gardenmommy
03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
SOOOOOOOO CUTE! Great job on the sweaters (and the baby!) LOL

RachelJean
03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Wow, lots of beautiful FO's. And your DD is adorable!

sara_jayne
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Everything is so beautiful!

rebecca
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Beautiful FO's and a darling DD :D

Amber
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Wow, stunning work! I love, love, love, the white lacy cardigan! And, your dd is a cutie!

Jan in CA
03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Those are all so beautiful! You're going to have the best dressed baby in town!!

Rennagayle
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I think if I had an adorable little bundle of joy like that, I might be inspired to try my hand at all those neat baby things. You did a great job, on the knitwear, and the baby! :thumbsup:

Jenelle
03-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh my gosh how ADORABLE is your DD??

She's too cute!! :inlove:

wildforyarn
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
She is a beautifully-dressed baby! (and very gorgeous!!! :heart: :heart: ) Very lucky!! :D

Ingrid
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Excellent, beautiful work!! Oh wait! Were you showing the knitting, too? I kind of missed it after seeing that precious face! :D

Seriously, everything looks wonderful and just think of all the great things you'll be able to make for your little sweetie as she grows!

Jackie F.
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks eveyone for the very nice comments! :heart: Just like going to my weekly SnB, this forum is a nice place to share anything related to knitting. :inlove:

P.S. Did I accidentally type Barbara Walters?!! Oops, I obviously meant Barbara Walker. :oops:

Danielle
03-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Great job on everything! :thumbsup:

Your DD is too cute! :heart:

itscryttle
03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Those are all very beautiful! Great job.

roxtarchic
04-13-2006, 08:17 PM
OMG could she BE any cuter...and that picture w/the hoodie... oh i cant STAND it... and i gotta say, this is inspiring to me to finish the d@mn big bad baby blanket thats been suckin the knit outta me.... and by knit i mean w/an sh instead a kn :XX:

i'm on it!

thx & good work, ALL around.... (no thats not my clock you hear tickin in the background... i SWEAR)
ha

feministmama
04-13-2006, 08:47 PM
*THUD* passes out from cuteness.

glomper
04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Your baby girl is lovely. I assume from the prolific knitting you have done that you haven't had a problem with carpal tunnel from pregnancy. I didn't start knitting again until my daughter was at school and my son was an anti-clothing toddler. Every now and then I am ALMOST tempted to have another baby so that I can knit for him/her, although I probably woudn't be able to anyway because I get such bad carpal tunnel when pregnant and for a year or so after. Even now I have to be careful I don't overdo knitting, data entry or gardening and holding books to read.
But hooray, my niece has just had a baby girl so now I can knit for her.

I especially like the photos of your little girl with the pink blanket, both sleeping and playing peekaboo - very cute.

spooky
04-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Wow !!! Those are awsome !!!!

knason4
04-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Everything you made is so gorgeous! I love the blue hooded sweater! where can I get one! Great job!

Jackie F.
04-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I love the blue hooded sweater! where can I get one! Great job!

Thank you! The pattern for the blue hooded sweater is from booklet #623 Leisure Arts The All New TEACH YOURSELF TO KNIT by Evie Rosen. I think the yarn used was Caron Wintuk. [The shade I'm not sure about -- possibly Colonial Blue Ombre(?).] It was fun to do the cable all the way up to the top of the hood. I plan on making this sweater again when my daughter outgrows it! :XX: