PDA

View Full Version : Fiber and Spinning Wheels - My New Addiction

Shandeh
03-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Okay....ever since I started learning to knit, I've become your average stash queen. I have a room full of yarn, crying to be made into SOMETHING.

Then, about a year ago, I started learning to spin yarn. I got a wheel at a local consignment store for a great price. Now, I have a boatload of FIBER, screaming, "Sandy...spin me!"

I was at another consignment store the other day, and spied a lovely spinning wheel for a great price. I started to go over and look at it, then caught myself and forced my legs in another direction. The LAST thing I need to do is start collecting spinning wheels! Before long, I'll turn into this woman:

mintdee
04-02-2006, 09:41 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
Now that is what you call an addiction.

Mad About Wool
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Ha Ha - But it could happen. I met a lady at a spin in who has (had) 40 of them. She bought up every one she could find to keep them from being turned into lamps or chairs. :thumbsup: Of course, that was 2 years ago. No telling how many she has now.

Shandeh
04-06-2006, 12:58 PM
She's the owner of the one and only "Refuge for Homeless Spinning Wheels". :rofling:

Mad About Wool
04-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey, that is too funny!!!! She does seem the type who would run an orphanage or something. :lol:

knitstress_tygher
04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Where was this wheel and how good was the great price? DH would LOVE a wheel, and his birthday is coming up, and I get the feeling he'd do better with a wheel than a spindle.