PDA

View Full Version : Is there an antidote?

Nikki
04-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I placed my first online order for yarn today. That was sooooooo much fun but I'm afraid it's evil fun-I just know it's going to develop into something that will require me to look around for 'stash storage' solutions.

Nikki

Ingrid
04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
There is no antidote. Period. You're hooked, honey!

mintdee
04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Well there is but you passed that the second you clicked "add to shopping cart". It is all down here from there ;)
Welcome to our world Muahahahaha :devil:

aylaanne
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
The antidote? Simply having more space to store yarn. Then you won't notice. :lol:

rebecca
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: antidote...that's so funny :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: We are...the hopelessly addicted ;)

BinkyKat
04-03-2006, 11:10 PM
:thinking:
I'm sorry, but this condition is chronic, incurrable, and frankly, i think congenital for many of us. I wasn't born with it, but I do have Adult Onset Knitabetes - Type K2tog. I've learned to live with it. Most people don't know about it and they treat me normally... most of the time...
:roflhard:

samm
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Some of us inherited the tendency from mothers and grandmothers. Maybe even fathers in some cases! I think there's no way around this addiction. You just have to grin and live with it!! :D samm

quirky
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
The best antidote I know of is to actually read your credit card bill. Line by line.

RachelJean
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Actually, there's a better antidote than reading your credit card bill - let your DH read it. :roflhard:

quirky
04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Indygirl
04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Actually, there's a better antidote than reading your credit card bill - let your DH read it. :roflhard:
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: This was a good one :thumbsup:

sfavereau
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

That is hilarious! Mine actually encourages me to get yarn. He only asks that I use the yarn for something, not stash it up. Oh, like that's hard...

tmsl
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
:thinking:
I'm sorry, but this condition is chronic, incurrable, and frankly, i think congenital for many of us. I wasn't born with it, but I do have Adult Onset Knitabetes - Type K2tog. I've learned to live with it. Most people don't know about it and they treat me normally... most of the time...

Oh, too cute, I'll have to tell DH that one!!! :roflhard:

Laura

Angelia
04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I do have Adult Onset Knitabetes - Type K2tog.

OMG...Brilliant BK!!

rebecca
04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I do have Adult Onset Knitabetes - Type K2tog.

OMG...Brilliant BK!!

:roflhard: :rofling: yes it is!! :roflhard: :rofling:

WynnieG
04-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Mine actually encourages me to get yarn. He only asks that I use the yarn for something, not stash it up. Oh, like that's hard...

It is for some people... after you've become accustomed to buying yarn online, that's when your Yarn Dragon finds you, and starts to hoard your stash, forcing you to buy more yarn. Once the Yarn Dragon takes control of your life, you have to keep appeasing it with precious fiber goodness.

If you don't believe me, just ask Ingrid. Hers is named Karaoke.

Hepsibah
04-05-2006, 09:04 AM
My DH thinks I've turned into a bit of a stash-hound. I'm a fairly new addict and being an addict, I'm always looking three projects ahead of the one I'm doing to make sure I don't run out.
I'm hoping there isn't a cure for it actually, I've got my eye on this lovely yarn three towns away..... :lol:

mintdee
04-05-2006, 09:36 AM
If you don't believe me, just ask Ingrid. Hers is named Karaoke.

:roflhard: Yea they even have a kid together :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nikki
04-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Jeeze O Pete! It's worse than I thought, but it doesn't seem to affect much but your checkbook balance. Seems it affects husband guys differently though. Poor babies.

Now I'm waiting on the mailman-I WANT TO LOVE MINE TOO! This seems to be the hardest part...the waiting.

Nikki