PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be an Auntie!!!!

VickiIL
04-04-2006, 09:11 AM
I can't wait. I am not suppose to know yet but my brother and his wife are expecting in November!!!! :cheering: :cheering: (My mom can't keep a secret of this size to save her life!) So I now want to dump all my current projects and get on some baby knitting!!!!!

I have been dying to have a little baby to knit for! :cheering:

sara_jayne
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Congratulations!! :cheering:

LeslieA
04-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh Congrats! That will be sooooo much fun. :XX: :XX:

dustinac
04-04-2006, 09:54 AM
:cheering: CONGRATS!!! thats wonderful!!

mulene
04-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Grats! I love being an Aunty - its great. You get to look after the kids, play with them, feed them sweeties and chocolate then hand them back at the end of the day when they are all hyper from sugar overload ;) Revenge on my brother for pulling my pigtails and being a mean old git to me when we were growing up!

hehe just kidding - love my nieces and one nephew. They are growing up so fast now I feel ancient! :blush:

aylaanne
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh, baby knitting is so much fun! Congratulations to you!

Danielle
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Yay!!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

margie
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
:cheering: Yay!!! You NEED to know now, so you have plenty of time to find the "perfect" patterns for those beautiful baby things to knit!!! :cheering:

samm
04-04-2006, 11:28 AM
This is exciting news! Good to have lots of time to knit for the new little one. Have fun! The baby patterns these days are wonderful!!!! Get those needles clicking! :XX: samm

rebecca
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
CONGRATULATIONS :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

quirky
04-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Congratulations! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Finally a reason to use all that soft baby yarn. And make all of those lovely tiny little booties and hats sweaters and...golly that stuff is so dang cute!! :heart:

My brother may also be expecting his first. I am a bit perplexed as he has not known his girlfriend long (I have only met her once) but I know he will do the right thing and be there for her every step and diaper along the way. Trouble is - he has not yet announced anything. He has just made broad hints and said "we will be announcing something soon"
So I cant join in the "auntie" celebration yet! Now how in the world can I possibly start knitting little booties and the like if I dont really "know"??

I envy you sistah!!

Jax3303
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Congrats on becoming an aunt!!!

but be careful about wishing for babies to make things for...the last time I did that, both of my sisters, my SIL, 2 of my cousins, a friend of mine and myself all turned up pregnant all within a year of eachother...LMAO

cookworm
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Congratulations, VickiIL!!!!! I'm going to be an auntie now any day, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!! My twin sister is having her first, and you'd think that it was my baby, I'm so excited!!!! This was the first baby I ever knitted anything besides a blanket for, so I hope everything fits and looks okay on the baby...poor little thing is a guinea pig for my knitting experiments! :D What a wonderful blessing for your family--keep us posted on your knitting projects for the new little one!

Jan in CA
04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Wish I had a baby to knit for!

Angelia
04-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Congrats!! That is fantastic news!

Lisa1216
04-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I just got a baby to knit for! My cousin and her husband just adopted a week old baby boy :cheering: :cheering: . I am so happy for them. I am now on the hunt for a sweater pattern and some other cute things to knit up quick to send to them. (They live half way across the country from me).

Nikki
04-05-2006, 09:50 AM
What great news!! Congrats to all and what a great way to spend the holidays.
Nikki

Miss Kittie
04-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Congrats !!! Happy Baby knitting!!! Ohhhh that sound like fun... In Sept found out that 3 babies are do in the familia.. Making all afghans and sending them to Great- Grandma to give out...

Cristy
04-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Congrats everyone!!! I can't wait to have a baby to knit for too...my best friend keeps toying with the idea but I don't see it happening anytime soon...I know two girls from church (ladies I guess...I'll be 15 in my mind forever...LOL) who are both pregnant too--I don't know either of them very well but I thought I'd knit them each a pair of booties or something.

Amber
04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Congrats!! :balloons:

VickiIL
04-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I just hope they "announce" it soon. I am going to die if I have to go on pretending I don't know.

I am going to need the entire 9 months to get through the pile of knitting, crochet and sewing projects I plan on making this little one!!!!!

Shandeh
04-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Baby knitting is so much fun - Fast, Soft, Pretty, Cute, Adorable - the adjectives go on and on.

I have a granddaughter now, and so far I've made 3 baby ponchos, 3 hats, 4 booties, 2 pairs of socks, an afghan, and a bonnet. And I'm still knitting! (sewing too) :D

Congratulations! :balloons:

amy
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Congrats Vicki! THe hard part now is waiting to find out what the sex is, so you can start your knitting. Unless you go for a neutral pattern. But going hog wild with the gender theme is half the fun, isn't it? :lol:

butterflymama
04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Congratulations! New babies are the best!

cookworm
04-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah! I'm an auntie now too!!! My sister had her baby, a little boy--hooray! A little nephew to spoil!!! :happydance: :heart: