PDA

View Full Version : KP Sierra

Jackie F.
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I ordered KP Sierra in Wild Rose. Can we say yummy?! :inlove: It's a slightly squishy wool/alpaca blend I'm using to knit a short sleeve cabled yoke pullover from Cast On's spring issue. The pattern called for Catalina chunky baby alpaca at 14 st = 4". Just a little bit expensive! I looked at other yarns, but didn't see any colors that I wanted for this spring sweater. Also, it was difficult finding the right gauge.

So, I went to KnitPicks and found Sierra, which I noticed is used in Starsky (love it! -- on my fall knitlist for fall/winter). There were many nice colors from which to choose! I started knitting the sweater yesterday from the neck down and am already done with the yoke and sleeve! :XX: :happydance: This yarn is SO NICE! Highly recommended!

sfavereau
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Yep, I agree. I love knitpicks sierra and so does everyone at my knitting group at my LYS. Luckily, there doesn't seem to be snobbery at KP yarn there!

Jax3303
04-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm in love with Sierra too.:inlove: It's soft and simply yummy! I'm using it to make a starsky right now. (literally right now, i have the right front panel on my lap to work on while reading messages)