PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Yarn Shop in York, PA

jamadian75
04-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone! Just wanted to send a HUGE plug for a yarn shop I visited today called Uncommon Threads (http://www.uncommonthreads-pa.com/) in downtown York, PA.

I travel for work and try to stop in at least 1 yarn store in any city I visit. This was one of the best I've been to. It wasn't huge or overdone, it was cozy and had wall to wall yarns just begging to be touched. The best part though was that I walked in on a group of knitters who are there every Wed night working on their projects, and I was greeted and welcomed like they expected me!!

One of the owners also owns The Alpaca Yarn Company (http://www.thealpacayarnco.com/) (Beth), and she helped me find some great sock yarn and needles so I can try out making my first pair - I'm actually resisting the urge to stay up and start them right now, but I can't miss that flight tomorrow!! If you're in the area, check them out for a wonderful cozy experience (and yummy yarns).

CateKnits
04-05-2006, 11:02 PM
I've seen a good review of that shop somewhere else, too...Now I think I just MUST go on my way home from school sometime! Or make the two hour trip from home over the summer. :thinking:

margie
04-06-2006, 09:51 AM
My husband grew up near York- I will definitely keep the name of that store and stop by there sometime when we are out that way!! Thanks!! If you are ever back in that area, there is another great store just south of Harrisburg, called The Mannings.

Thanks for the tip!!

tmsl
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Margie-I have friends who live in Kennett Square-where to go when I am visiting them??

Laura

margie
04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Margie-I have friends who live in Kennett Square-where to go when I am visiting them??

Laura

ooooooo!! My LYS is called A Garden of Yarn- it is in Chadds Ford, PA. Not far at all from Kennett Square. It is right off of route 202, in a little cluster of shops called Old Ridge Village. I love it there!

rebecca
04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
It's always great to find a new LYS :cheering: :cheering: Have fun with your socks ;)

tmsl
04-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks Margie!! We always visit them in July, now I know where to shop!! Know just where Chadd's Ford is!!
:thumbsup:
We actually thought about moving to Kennett, but have not had luck with job searches.

Laura