PDA

View Full Version : going to order yarn... how much for project?

hedgewick
04-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm getting ready to place my first knitpicks order. I'm going to get some shine worsted to make a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting in the fall. I don't really have a pattern but figured I'd just do a garter stitch border and stockenette (knit one row and pearl the next) in the middle. My question is how many balls should I order to make a decent sized baby blanket? I was thinking 10 but am worried it may not be enough. I've never made one before. I'll be using size 8 needles. I don't want to make it huge because my budget can't quite do it but I really want to use the knitpicks stuff. If anyone has any easy patern ideas for this yarn please let me know along with how many balls I would need. They found out the baby is a boy. I realize I'm overthinking this way too much...hope she likes it!

Ingrid
04-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Why don't you take a look at www.knittingpatterncentral.com and get an idea of how many skeins are recommended for the average baby blanket?

Jan in CA
04-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's a link to the baby blankets (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_blankets.php). That should give you an idea for yardage and you can figure it out on KP.