PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first Addi's today!

ecuzzacrea
04-10-2006, 05:35 PM
On Wednesday in our knitting group one of the girls is going to teach us to do socks 2 at a time on circs.

She suggested a 47" circular needle and all my local knit shop had were Addis :happydance:

After hearing all the raves I can't wait to try these out! :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-10-2006, 06:15 PM
:D Oh, boy...have fun :D I've just started knitting socks on 2 circs (I'm a dpn user) and love it!!

Rennagayle
04-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Lucky you! :thumbsup:

I looked for some at the yarn shop on my last trip to Dallas. They did have Addis, but were out of the 47" length in all sizes. :mad:

My guess is that they must have had, or be having, a magic loop class going on. I guess I'll be forced to order some.

samm
04-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I have some twelve inch addies which I love making socks on. They took a little getting used to, because things sail along so easily! I'm waiting for a 4mm 12 inch circular to come in. I'm hooked on addis! Hope you find your new addis soon! samm

Cristy
04-11-2006, 09:51 AM
wow--that long of a cord, huh? I would have thought a shorter one would have been better for socks on two circs. (but what do I know--I've never tried it...!)

I am just about to order myself a 6-32" and hope it gets here in record time. :)

Hope you enjoy the addis!

sara_jayne
04-11-2006, 10:12 AM
:happydance: Congratulations - I hope you enjoy them. I've never used them to knit socks before but they are wonderful to knit with. They might take some time to get used to. You may also want to consider taking them out of the package and seeing if they stay uncoiled and if not soaking them. Many of the Addi's stay uncoiled, but I had a problem with the 47" ones not laying flat (and I started knitting with them with out soaking them and YUCK!). I hope you enjoy the Addis and the socks on 2 needles!

cheesiesmom
04-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I have some twelve inch addies which I love making socks on. They took a little getting used to, because things sail along so easily! I'm waiting for a 4mm 12 inch circular to come in. I'm hooked on addis! Hope you find your new addis soon! samm

Oo-oo. My lys has 12 inch addis. I thought they'd be great for knitting socks, which I just learned to do on dpn and love it. Do you just follow the regular pattern or is there some secret method for using the liddy biddy addis?

abby001
04-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Oo-oo. My lys has 12 inch addis. I thought they'd be great for knitting socks, which I just learned to do on dpn and love it. Do you just follow the regular pattern or is there some secret method for using the liddy biddy addis?

Yes there is a trick to knitting socks on circular needles. I haven't done it yet--I just finished my first pair of socks on dpns and am now researching how to do it on circular needles as I've read it's faster that way--and easier. To get you started on how this is done try this link:

http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/twocirculars.html

Cat Bordi is one of the first to figure out this method and has a book about it called "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles". It's got directions and patterns.

I'm sure there are other sources on the Internet too.

Good luck to you.

cheesiesmom
04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the link. I'be been doing the dpns but I just love those little addis. Gotta figure this out.