PDA

View Full Version : Cheat sheet cards

Mienna
04-11-2006, 03:35 PM
These (http://nancysknitknacks.com/knit-kards.htm) are kind of neat. I don't have any myself but it's a great idea, I think. It'd be easy to toss in my knitting bag and carry along to use when I don't have KH. :p

Holly :XX:

rebecca
04-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't have them, either, but I've often thought of getting them...very handy :D

butterflymama
04-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I think those would be a great stocking stuffer, or a great easter basket stuffer for a knitter.

I'm just so proud of myself for thinking about Christmas presents already....who cares if they are for myself.
:lol:

aylaanne
04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
those are cool. I actually configured my printer to print on index cards, so sometimes I'll type up patterns in abbreviated form and print them on the index card, which is easier to keep in my knitting bag.

Mienna
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
That's a good idea, too. :)

aylaanne
04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge dork like that. Huge.

Mienna
04-11-2006, 07:53 PM
It's creative, and there are certainly worse things to be. ;)

:XX:

Denise in Michigan
04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Aylaaane--
I write mine out on index cards, but I love the printing idea! I'm an idiot when it comes to computer stuff, though. Would you tell me how to do it, and how you load the cards into the printer? This could revolutionize my knitting!

I use the cards for both entire projects, and also for pattern stitches, ie., Row 1 on Card 1, Row 2 on Card 2, etc. I punch a hole in the corner of the cards, run a loop of yarn through the hole, and flip from card to card as I move from row to row. I find this easier than a row counter, and when I stop, I just put a paper clip on the card I was working on so I don't lose my place.
--Denise

Mer
04-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Denise, that's a great idea! Especially for something like lace where there's a repeated pattern.