PDA

View Full Version : The Great Yarn Swap!~~ NEW MESSAGE PAGE 100!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

horve1
05-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Look what my Swap Buddy let me do! This is the most fun I've had since... I don't remember.

And the socks are the same size, just the perspective of the picture makes them look mis-matched. :lol:

Angelia
05-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Gorgeous goods, Andrea! (Love that shawl pattern, too! :inlove: )

Horve, those socks are beautiful!! :inlove:

sara_jayne
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Andrea your yarn is beautiful! And Horve - your socks look great!

DragonTush
05-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Oooh how nice! I love the look of both those yarns (says the yarn rookie lol). I bet you can't wait to use them :XX: :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
:D Nice haul, Andrea!!! I love, love, love bamboo yarn, it's my very,very favorite!!! I would be happy knitting with bamboo for the rest of my life :D I love the pattern, toooo!!! And, are those some yummies that I see?!

OMGoodness, Horve1, those socks are GORGEOUS!!! Love the pattern & the colorway..stunning! I'm loving the next ones, too...what patterns did u use?

This swap is FUN :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

horve1
05-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks. I am so lucky!

Rebecca - I used:

http://www.knitlist.com/01gift/really-cool-socks.htm

and http://www.ptyarn.com/eaglesflight.html

carollovesyarn
05-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Lucky Andrea - that unspun looks really pretty! And Bamboo sock yarn - I haven't heard of that - neat!

Horve - you knit like the wind. Those are great socks!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
:D Thanks for the links, Horve1, I will add them to my loonnnnggg list of socks to knit ;)

KellyK
05-30-2006, 08:21 AM
OOH! Andrea...I think that unspun may be the most UNUSUAL yarn Ive ever seen! How VERY cool! And what an interesting-shaped skein... how are ya gonna wind it?

PREEEETY socks, Horve! :cheering:

Andrea
05-30-2006, 11:56 AM
OOH! Andrea...I think that unspun may be the most UNUSUAL yarn Ive ever seen! How VERY cool! And what an interesting-shaped skein... how are ya gonna wind it?

I haven't thought about it yet! My SP told me not to do anything with it yet! :cheering:

rebecca
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
:thinking: interesting....u can't do anything yet, hmmm?! I wonder what she has up her sleeve...this is going to be fun to see what unfolds :D

KellyK
05-30-2006, 01:02 PM
OOH! MORE intrigue! :thinking:

Angelia
05-30-2006, 05:21 PM
:thumbsup:

This is great!

Friskums
05-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Awwwww, maaaaan. There's too many different kinds of yarns out there. How on earth am I supposed to pick a good one for my pal? Even harder is "the perfect one".

I keep looking at all these different yarns and wonder, 'will my pal like it? What if they don't?' I'd be so sad to send my pal a yarn they didn't like.

Is anyone else worrying too much? (I'm just a worrier by nature.)

I'm going to have to order from an online shop cuz I've already checked my LYS and they just don't have what I have in mind.

Also, I've been wanting to ask, but kind of embarrassed to. I hate using other people's ideas, but I saw someone sent some dyeable yarn and some koolaid packets so that their pal could dye their own. And I think that's a fantastic idea! But, I worry (again :rollseyes: ) that I'd upset someone if I used their idea.
What do you guys think? Is it a bad idea to copy someone like that?

Ok.... [/freak out]

carollovesyarn
05-31-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm totally worried! I know that I've bought nice yarn, but I'm worried about the color.

I wouldn't worry about copying someone else's idea. We all bounce off one another anyway wanting to do what someone else has tried. Go for it, frisky kitty!

I want to get my pal something else, but I'm not sure if she has it yet. I know it's something she's wanted in the past...decisions, decisions...

Emeraldcutie
05-31-2006, 07:33 AM
I also get worried about the choices. The other day I looked for 20 mins, and still couldn't decide. Then I worry about amount, what they can make with the amount I send.
But then I think "is there such thing as a bad yarn?" lol

KellyK
05-31-2006, 07:40 AM
I would think about it this way....did your pal mention dyeing in her profile? Either loving it or wanting to try it?

mulene
05-31-2006, 08:50 AM
I am also a worrier! I am a bit worried my pal won't like what I've got her, I think it is nice yarn but again, the colour choice I hope she likes. When I first read her profile I was concerned that perhaps she should have had someone else as her pal and also was worried I'd not be able to pick something she liked. Then we talked a bit in emails and she is quite different to what I expected! I think my concern now is the colour choices!

Though I have to admit - I'm not sure anyone here would ever come out and say "URGH I got the WORST pal who sent me something totally unusable!" So I think maybe we are safe from that *laugh*

Again the "no such thing as bad yarn" is pretty much true - unless it is some hideous colour and / or impossible to work with - even a hideous colour can be spiced up if mixed with something else - and one woman's hideous colour is another woman's favourite! Impossible to work with would produce a real challenge I think but one worth trying!

After all, isn't this all about something new and unexpected? Something to challenge and inspire us? I know whatever I get I will love - because to me this is about making new friends, and trying something new and different. It is very exciting and lots of fun too!

Well done to everyone involved! :cheering: :cheering:

Toast King
05-31-2006, 10:01 AM
After all, isn't this all about something new and unexpected? Something to challenge and inspire us? I know whatever I get I will love - because to me this is about making new friends, and trying something new and different. It is very exciting and lots of fun too!

I couldn't agree more, Mulene! :cheering:

I worry about getting it right too, but I think that's sweet because it shows how much thought everyone's putting in :D

Everyone's gifts look lovely so far :inlove:, thanks for posting! I'm feeling all inspired to get mine in the mail before too long... ;)

horve1
05-31-2006, 10:08 AM
I am a total worrier, too. Not that my Buddy would say anything negative - she seems way too nice - just that she won't like it as much as I hope she will. All we can do is try our best, though - and cross all the crossables!

sara_jayne
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
I worry too...but like many other participants that is my nature! :) I hope that my pal likes what she receives but if she doesn't she can send it back and I'll try something else! ;)

Friskums
05-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Hmm, good question KK. That makes that decision easier. :)

And I'm so relieved I'm not the only one worrying over it. Makes it much more bearable. :heart:

I guess my main concern is color and amount. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down the kind of yarn I want. I just don't know what color(s).

Anyone know any general guidelines for amount? Are there any? I'm so bad with figures... For example, would 100 yards(in worsted weight or thicker) be enough to make anything? I just have no idea about that kind of stuff.

Toast King
05-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Anyone know any general guidelines for amount? Are there any? I'm so bad with figures... For example, would 100 yards(in worsted weight or thicker) be enough to make anything? I just have no idea about that kind of stuff.

I'm not much help with yardage either I'm afraid! :?? But I figure that your budget should determine the amount you send, then, if your pal would like to use it for a bigger project then providing details of where you can buy more would be really helpful.

Anyway, I bet there are many projects that could be made with one or two skeins, and the challenge of finding a cool pattern to do that just adds to the fun! :lol:

Friskums
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm not much help with yardage either I'm afraid! :?? But I figure that your budget should determine the amount you send, then, if your pal would like to use it for a bigger project then providing details of where you can buy more would be really helpful.

Anyway, I bet there are many projects that could be made with one or two skeins, and the challenge of finding a cool pattern to do that just adds to the fun! :lol:

Yeah, that's what I planned on doing. (Adding a little note on where I got the yarn from so they could get more if needed.)

rebecca
05-31-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm not a worrier, which is good I think :D This is what I do, I buy what I like, or what I would want (I'm lucky, my pal is much like me :thumbsup: ), if I don't like something, I'm not giving it to another. As knitters, I think that we all basically love nice yarn ;) Soooo....ya'll stop worrying and enjoy the process :D

KellyK
05-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm not a worrier, which is good I think :D

:?? HUH?!?! WHAT???? :shock: WHO are you and WHERE did you put the REAL Rebecca?!?!? The one that worries too much and sends so many sweet emails? Im gonna KICK YER BUTT if you dont bring her back to us!! :mad:

;) :rofling:

I, for one, cant WAIT to see what my Pal thinks I SHOULD have. Im hoping I made it easy for her, because I was pretty verbose in my profile, and of course, I have my blog here (all 3,49045 pages of it!) that tells everyone all about me. I think Im EASY. :thumbsup:

Right? :oops: I would make an easy Pal, right?? :shifty:

rebecca
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL, here's KK, telling the knitting world that she's easy :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

OMGoodness, I'm not a worrier!! I am concerned about my friends & family, but worrier...nope ;) I'm a sweet person, what can I say?! :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

rebecca
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Okay, sweet KK, I left you hanging long enough....I think that you would be a perfect pal!!! Easy to buy for & I'm sure a great gift giver ;)

CarmenIbanez
05-31-2006, 01:50 PM
I am also a super worrier. I hope my pal likes what I send. But like, I'm not EASY like some people.

brendajos
05-31-2006, 02:01 PM
:thinking: I am starting to get confused about what we are discussing here...

:angelgrin:

:rofling: :rofling:

CarmenIbanez
05-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Um, let's see, there was yarn involved, and some needles, the post office, then..... let's see, gifts, swapping, I'm not sure....

DragonTush
05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I worried so much, that I went out and bought more yarn for my pal because I didn't think she'd like what I bought her. Now, I have two different sets of yarn and have no idea which one I'll send. :oops:

I just want her to love it it, ya know? :heart: :??

brendajos
05-31-2006, 02:31 PM
I worried so much, that I went out and bought more yarn for my pal because I didn't think she'd like what I bought her. Now, I have two different sets of yarn and have no idea which one I'll send. :oops:

I just want her to love it it, ya know? :heart: :??

lol well we are sending in both June and July so maybe ya send both! :thumbsup:

brendajos
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Um, let's see, there was yarn involved, and some needles, the post office, then..... let's see, gifts, swapping, I'm not sure....

aah see i got lost in all the confessions of being "easy." :rofling:

mintdee
05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
:roflhard:

You all are a bunch of worry warts. Just send what you deem worthy and know that your pal will feel loved. :D

gardenmommy
05-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Since we're sending more than one "batch" of yarn, I think it would be fun to send really different types of yarn each time, just for some variety, like one time send a sock yarn, and another time send a bulky, or one batch send a cotton and the next time send an alpaca blend, or something along those lines. It will keep your yarn swap buddy guessing and ANYTHING is a fun surprise! :cheering: :happydance: It may be a chance for your yarn swap buddy to try something they have never had before!

carollovesyarn
05-31-2006, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't worry about the amount either! What started this whole swap off was IK's ONE SKEIN swap (IIRC)! What can be made with one skein, what can you do with one skein (even if you have to add more yarn to it). It's all about the creativity and inspiration!!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

I think if we just try to find the bestest, prettiest, most appropriate yarn for our respective pals, we'll do just fine. :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh....when it comes to :inlove: YARN :inlove: Im TOTALLY easy! :eyebrow:

I have both months' surprises picked for my pal already....and I HAVE the yarn for June.... Just have to find an appropriate box.

BTW....This is what everything sounds like while one is waiting for surprise yarn:
tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... tick...

rebecca
05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
KK, I love you, u r a riot :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

Friskums
05-31-2006, 06:11 PM
I think if we just try to find the bestest, prettiest, most appropriate yarn for our respective pals, we'll do just fine. :thumbsup:

Oh, I'm sure too. :D

...But I still worry. :blush: :lol:

HollyP
05-31-2006, 06:11 PM
All of you crack me up! I have been a bit busy and not checking this thread. All of the goodies so far are so pretty!

I was worried about the yarn I was going to send until I went to my lys . They were unpacking new yarns as I walked in the door! It was serendipitous ! I should have bought for both months but .... I guess I'll just have to make another trip. :D

KellyK
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
That is my MOST FAVORITEST time to be at the yarn store!! :cheering:

rebecca
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
:thinking: :?? :thinking: I wonder, wonder, wonder just what I'm gonna send my buddy......hmmmmmm :thinking: :?? :thinking:
I KNOW....some yarn :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

brendajos
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
ya know on Sit n Knit night there allllllllways seems to be a box of yarn that needs to be unpacked. mighty suspicious if you ask me!

Ingrid
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
ya know on Sit n Knit night there allllllllways seems to be a box of yarn that needs to be unpacked. mighty suspicious if you ask me!

Sounds like good marketing strategy to me! "Quick!! Get some before everyone else!!!"

rebecca
05-31-2006, 07:56 PM
:D Yeah, it does, Ingrid :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, now that I've chosen what I'm sending my pal, I'm wondering if I made the right decision. :thinking:

Oh well.....life is like that sometimes. :rollseyes:

I'm gonna just sit back now and wait for my package and hope my pal likes hers!
:D

I mean....I'll get another chance in a month. OMG - now I'm worrying about THAT package! :oo:

rebecca
06-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Stop with your worrying...send it, she's gonna love it ;)

Debbie
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Silly girls ..... stop that fretting!!!! I am so thrilled to email back and forth with my buddy (um... I would NOT email her with questions to try to find out who she is) we have a lot common and each time I get an email I can't believe some of the things we both like and dislike! I don't think there is a color or a yarn that I would not LOVE getting from her. So if you are her .... you could reply to this "reply" by saying a code word of some kind ... like .... I'm your pal ?????????????????? OR maybe another hint ... like I joined KH on..... Or ....I have over/under 200 posts ????? Not that I would want to find out who my pal is before the time....

brendajos
06-01-2006, 05:03 PM
i am not her but i could be bought with the right amount of yarn...... just pass me a note with your offer and i will let you know how much of her name it will buy you!

:rofling:

Deeknit
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Yarn swap worries:

Yeah, I've already gone through 2 different purchases worrying about what to get.

I also keep thinking....do I keep this or send it on to her.

Hmmm? Decisions, decisions, decisions

Deeknit

Debbie
06-01-2006, 08:26 PM
brenda...

qi·vi·ut ( P ) (kv-t, -t) n.

The soft wool lying beneath the long coat of the muskox, valued for its use as a fiber.

carollovesyarn
06-01-2006, 08:30 PM
brenda...

The soft wool lying beneath the long coat of the muskox, valued for its use as a fiber. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Shandeh
06-01-2006, 10:07 PM
brenda...

The soft wool lying beneath the long coat of the muskox, valued for its use as a fiber.

Yeah, right! If only we could afford such luxuries.

Hmmmm....let's see. I think I could afford to buy maybe 1/4 of an ounce?

Danielle
06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
My pal keeps sending me fun e-mails....something is coming to me soon!!!!!!!1111111111 :happydance: Hopefully it will be here tomorrow!! I'm about to explode with excitement!!!!11111111111
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Shandeh
06-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I keep thinking....do I keep this or send it on to her.

Hee Hee! I also use that same excuse for every skein of yarn I'm buying this month!

"Wellllll Honey.....I KNOW I have a lot of yarn right now, but it's for my yarn swap pal!"
:lol:

brendajos
06-01-2006, 10:26 PM
brenda...

lol i know y'all are facinated with that stuff but there is something about it that creeps me out......i think it is the word muskox! :rofling:

Sara
06-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I adore them! (Note to secret pal: that is NOT a hint! :lol: )

They have such character in their faces. How could you not want to smooch a face like this:

Shandeh
06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
My secret pal has been sending the nicest emails and ecards. :D

She has also mailed a sweet handmade card, and a small package of thoughtful trinkets!

I'm getting excited about the yarn I'll be receiving!

brendajos
06-01-2006, 11:49 PM
I adore them! (Note to secret pal: that is NOT a hint! :lol: )

They have such character in their faces. How could you not want to smooch a face like this:

:thinking: ya know i think the last guy i dated had a fairly similar face and said the same thing! :rollseyes:

:rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

Sara
06-02-2006, 08:51 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
:D That's so sweet Sandy :D :thinking: :?? :thinking: wonder who it is?! I can't wait to find out who had whom :D

CarmenIbanez
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't know if I can wait!!! I can't decide if I am more excited about revealing myself, or finding out who has me????

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
BTW, when is the actual "REVEAL DATE"? :thinking:

CarmenIbanez
06-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Good question!

brendajos
06-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Well i had originally considered that it would be done when you send the second package.

but...When would y'all like to do it?

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I like the second package idea. We could include a note with our real name and forum name, and a even include a photo if we want!

CarmenIbanez
06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Another good one, Red! I totally agree!

lisak
06-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I :heart: my pal! Look at all the goodies I received today! What an awesome way to start out my weekend!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

(Ok, I got tired of trying to resize the images, so you'll have to go here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/72569817@N00/tags/pal/) to see them. :oops: )

The yarn is gorgeous! :inlove: (sorry for the one fuzzy pic)

{{{HUGS}}} to my secret pal!

KellyK
06-02-2006, 07:42 PM
SO pretty, Lisa! What is it? I couldnt read the tag....and I cant WAIT for a report on the PINK hot chocolate!

mulene
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Wow Lisa :cheering: lovely stuff - yes am also intrigued by the pink hot chocolate!

Angelia
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Me too! What a great pal you have!! :happydance:

rebecca
06-02-2006, 08:58 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Nice haul, Lisa...love it :cheering: :cheering: I'm getting more and more excited as I'm seeing everyone's goodies!!

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 11:46 PM
OK, now I'm REALLY excited about getting my package and posting the photos here for all to drool over.

I for one am drooling over the hot chocolate! (I'm usually a tea drinker, but I make an exception for chocolate.) :D

jamadian75
06-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I like the second package idea. We could include a note with our real name and forum name, and a even include a photo if we want!

Love this idea!! That would make for even more excitement when opening the 2nd package.

I aslo have to send a HUGE SHOUT OUT to my pal :waving: - he/she is HILARIOUS!! And has been using a really good alias to keep me from guessing anything about his/her identity. THANKS PAL for keeping me laughing!

MWAH!!

Danielle
06-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Look what I got in the mail from my secret pal!!!!! 3 balls of Plymouth Baby Albaca DK in a deep plum color. It is SO soft!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Any ideas on what I could make with it?

THANK YOU SECRET PAL!!!! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-04-2006, 12:24 AM
That's gorgeous yarn! You're right...baby alpaca is SUPER soft. I love it! If I had that yarn, I would probably make something lacy. Alpaca is VERY warm, so a garment would probably be too hot. Maybe a shawl or pretty scarf? You could also use it for making some soft socks, or pretty fingerless gloves. I've also seen some pretty patterns for wimples that would work well with that yarn.

sara_jayne
06-04-2006, 12:34 AM
wimples

:blush: What are wimples?

Everyone has such beautiful gifts & such great pals! :cheering: :cheering:

mks22300
06-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Everyone has gotten such lovely yarn! I can't wait to get mine sent out to my pal!

Andrea
06-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Danielle, that is GORGEOUS!!! I bought some of that recently and I bought a pattern for beaded felted items to go with it--ipod, cell phone, and eyeglass case are the ones I can think of that are in the book. I guess it felts... :thinking: I wouldn't think of alpaca as felting, but what do I know!

Anyway, I love it!! Nice pal! :cheering:

Angelia
06-04-2006, 08:03 AM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Alpaca!!!

KellyK
06-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Wimple is another name for Cowl....

My secret pal sent me a HINT (below)!! Im TINGLY with anticipation!! :happydance:

And, could she know me any better? Knitting and pooches, my 2 FAVORITE things!

dustinac
06-04-2006, 11:40 AM
:inlove: Everyone is recieving such wonderful yarn!!! :cheering:

jamadian75
06-04-2006, 12:40 PM
"You think you know...but you have no idea"

That's the thought I had shortly after opening MY SECRET PAL'S PACKAGE!!!

I thought I knew how I would react after opening this month's goodies, but I was really overwhelmed!! I said to my hubby "Someone who has never met me and only knows me from some typed text on the computer sent me THIS!!" It's like my pal knows me - or is VERY good at snooping.

I will post pictures of the yarn (AND THE BONUS GOODIES) very soon.

THANK YOU SECRET PAL!! :heart: :heart:

KellyK
06-04-2006, 12:57 PM
"You think you know...but you have no idea"

Now WHY'd ya have to go and say THAT??? :mad:

rebecca
06-04-2006, 02:43 PM
:D Yummmmm....baby alpaca yarn....nice :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
KK, that hint is too cute ;)

Shandeh
06-04-2006, 02:58 PM
wimples

:blush: What are wimples?

Here's a wimple pattern: http://www.carylldesigns.com/wavy_feathers_wimple.htm

sara_jayne
06-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks!

Shandeh
06-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey! I just realised that Grommit holds his knitting EXACTLY the same way I do! We both have the yarn wrapped around our first and last finger on the right hand.

catownedanna
06-05-2006, 04:28 AM
I'm so enjoying being part of this swap! My Secret Pal keeps sending me these hilarious links that make me laugh. There are just so many ugly things knitted up in the world! :roflhard:

I'm also enjoying that my Secret Pal seems really interested in getting to know me. But it frustrates me that I have no idea who she is!!! :??

Debbie
06-05-2006, 09:17 AM
cat ... I am spending a HUGE amount of time trying to figure out who my pal is ... it is getting a bit out of hand :) AND THEN .... what does she do but send me this wonderful package of yarn and a beautiful pattern ....FROM KEMP'S STORE .... so no return address hint AT ALL !!!! She won't even answer a simple question like ... how many posts do you have or what date (exactly) did you join KH ....

But.... I have this wonderful New Zealand Wool in a dusty purpleish color and the "truest" red I have ever seen. AND the NoNi pattern for Night Garden Felted Evening Bag. Flowers and Felting ... two of my favorite things.

Today is the first "real" day of summer break ... all meetings and post school year things done ... so ... I will be taking pictures of my fabulous gift and posting some FO's and WIP's and get my act together to complement everyone on their beautiful projects and secret pal gifts instead of just lurking!

PS Secret pal ... how bout posting a little hint ... um... do you have a picture of a FO on the Whatcha Knittin page .... what is it? what color is it? What is the first letter of your screen name ? what is your avtar?

mulene
06-05-2006, 10:10 AM
This is so much fun - I'm loving how everyone is keeping themselves super secret! I can't work out who mine is at all - except I have one clue, that she isn't Hilde lol Wait unless that is she lied! :shock:

:rofling: I need to start bombarding her with questions! We have another month of this!

brendajos
06-05-2006, 10:43 AM
:thinking: lol....if it is Hildi we have a problem! :rofling:

Debbie
06-05-2006, 10:44 AM
mulene, if you need a list of questions let me know ... I have thought of them all .... but then, I am not getting very good results ...

COOPERATE Secret Pal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rebecca
06-05-2006, 01:19 PM
:D Nice haul, debbie...can't wait to see the yarn porn ;) LOL, u won't figure out who your pal is...

okay, it's me :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

NOT

CarmenIbanez
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
No, its me.

HA! I KEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

rebecca
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
no....really...it's ME :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Jeep_Girl
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I got my wonderful package today!!! I was so excited to come home from work and see something from the post for ME!!! It made coming home all that much better. Let's see if I can get this camera thing to work.

All so beautiful - yarn, needles, and even a knitted flower as adornment!!! Check out my wondeful pressies from my Swap Buddy or SB as I call her.

Thank you SB!!! It is like my birthday has been extended to today.

... And Debbie - I'm your swap buddy. :roflhard:

carollovesyarn
06-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Nice!!! :cheering: I see the cat has claimed the green. :D

Nice needles too - what a wonderful, generous, thoughtful SB you have!

gardenmommy
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Woo hoo, terrific stuff! :happydance:

I just got an e-card from my yarn swap pal saying mine will be sent soon...I may be camping out by the mail box! LOL!

Andrea
06-05-2006, 06:10 PM
:inlove: Nice, Lisa!! :inlove:

:inlove: Ohhh Kitttttttttttttttty :inlove:

rebecca
06-05-2006, 06:38 PM
:D Cool stuff...I'm loving it...your SB is great :cheering:

KellyK
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Your cat looks a leeetle pissed off, Lis! :roflhard:

What is this CRAP and WHY doesnt it smell like tuna?!?! Im gonna sit on it in PROTEST!

What yarn is that? Its loverly but I cant read the label!

And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way she packaged it! :heart:

mulene
06-05-2006, 08:06 PM

What is this CRAP and WHY doesnt it smell like tuna?!?! Im gonna sit on it in PROTEST!

:roflhard: :roflhard: so true!

Love the pics Lisa, and love the yarn porn too! Looks yummy =D

sara_jayne
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Looks wonderful Lisa!!!!

butterflymama
06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I got a package! I got a package!!!! What a great day! Here is a pic. Details on my blog. http://theslinglady.com/knitalicious/

http://static.flickr.com/48/161385163_096412d9bf_m.jpg

sara_jayne
06-05-2006, 10:54 PM
:cheering: I'm drooling over that blue yarn - what a lushish color! :inlove:

KellyK
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
What yarn is that? I cant read the label! I think we need a rule about that!

butterflymama
06-05-2006, 11:39 PM
It is Mission Falls 1824 Cotton and it is lovely! :heart:

Sara
06-05-2006, 11:40 PM
That's Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. It is as soft and luscious as humanly possible and the dyes are drool-worthy. :thumbsup:

HollyP
06-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Why is everyone claiming my swap buddy?? :thinking:

Debbie I have to confess I am your buddy

or not ;)

jamadian75
06-05-2006, 11:48 PM
As promised, here is a photo of my gifts from my secret pal...Yarn porn! :happydance:

It really is spooky how well my pal knows me! :oo:

*Her "alias" is Marvelous Marvin - as in Marvin the Martian, my FAVORITE character from any animated series ever :shock:
*She sent me a book of amazing vintage knitting patterns - I hunt these things like a stalker!! And now I have a whole book full!! :cheering:
*I once asked a question about finding needles smaller than 16" to knit sleeves, etc - and there they were in my package!!!! Size 6's for my Hourglass sweater (soon to be knit) :thumbsup:

Also, I've now got this yummy yarn that I'm pretty sure is no longer available (just makes it more special-er), but there is some really soft mohair and the dark blue is blend. In true thoughtfulness, she included some ready to knit patterns that are specifically for mohair and some tips on knitting with that trickiest of fibers.

I can't wait to cast these on...my pal may not have known this, but this is my ONLY yarn of this color in my entire stash. How can you not :heart: that!!

Thanks pal!! :waving:

brendajos
06-06-2006, 12:08 AM
What yarn is that? I cant read the label! I think we need a rule about that!

snephenie
06-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok...I'm claiming the best swap partner EVER!!! I'm in love!!!

Here it is....

mintdee
06-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I am loving everyones stuff so far!

This is the message that my pal sent me. I think that she likes to scare me :shock:
You should see this GREAT sale at WALMART!!!! I just hit. Do you know how much Red heart I got for $20. You will be able to make TWO king sized afghans with this stuff :)

Oh boy....how happy you will be!!!!

carollovesyarn
06-06-2006, 01:53 AM
I think everyone's partner is doing great! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Lovely yarns and extras abound! :inlove:

Debbie
06-06-2006, 06:38 AM
I think this is the week you are supposed to "reveal yourself" to your secret pal ..... IN AN HONEST... sort of way ... SO FAR, I don't believe anyone who has "confessed" ... well, Maybe I don't, or maybe it is one of you .... back to the "memberlist" .... sigh ....

Angelia
06-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Oooh, everyone has gotten lovely prizes!! :inlove:

Debbie, I'm your pal. I confess. I mean really, does it matter if we reveal ourselves? What's more important here, being kept in the dark or getting goodies?

Nimmie
06-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Are you guys gonna do it again? I wanna join in!

mulene
06-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I thought we didn't have to confess till July! :rofling: I still need to probe mine some more ;) Hopefully I haven't given too much away to my other pal!

sara_jayne
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm so in love with the yarn! Everyone is getting!!!

I just bought some of that Debbie Bliss Soho, EXACT same color for myself....YUMMY!!

Nimmie I'm sure we'll be doing this again - I think we are all having a ton of fun with this!!! ;)

mintdee
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
No reveling until next month that way your pal can torture you more

Actually Debbi I am your pal ;)

then again...

Shandeh
06-06-2006, 12:36 PM
u won't figure out who your pal is...

okay, it's me :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Hey! Why are you trying to claim my secret pal? She's mine!

Everyone has received such LOVELY gifts from their secret pals!
New yarn, Vintage yarn, trinkets, patterns, extra goodies.
Quite impressive!

We are a good group. I think we should do this kind of thing more often. It brings us closer together.

Nimmie
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
If you decide to reform or mix it up..let me know, I'd love to participate!

rebecca
06-06-2006, 03:47 PM
:D Look @ all of the lovelies I've been sending to all of you!!! Don't u just love the mission falls I sent u, butterfly?!
Jamadian...about time u posted the picture of the yummies I sent you ;)
snephanie...I did a great job with your stuff, too
I amaze even myself :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

KellyK
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Wanna have a snicker?? (not the candy...)

My SSP just accidentally typed her name, signing her email message to me... I thought A-HAAA! I GOTCHA!

Then I came here and realized that it doesnt help at all.....it only tells me that my Pal is NOT anyone who uses their real name anywhere in their username! *KK jumps up & down out of frustration*

Im STILL in the dark!!!! :mad:

HollyP
06-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Wanna have a snicker?? (not the candy...)

My SSP just accidentally typed her name, signing her email message to me... I thought A-HAAA! I GOTCHA!

Then I came here and realized that it doesnt help at all.....it only tells me that my Pal is NOT anyone who uses their real name anywhere in their username! *KK jumps up & down out of frustration*

Im STILL in the dark!!!! :mad:

:roflhard: :roflhard:
I keep almost signing my name. I think mine would be a give away!

carollovesyarn
06-06-2006, 05:23 PM

Are you sure it was accidental??? Hmmmmm???? :rofling:

horve1
06-06-2006, 05:54 PM
I am absolutely stunned. My Swap Buddy sent me another package. I wish I could get to my camera before the weekend! (Maybe tomorrow because I have to take the day off to take DS to the doctor... I'll try....) But for now, I'll just list it so ya'll can drool!!!!!

My Buddy put together more great sock patterns, sock project sheets, and yarn and needle inventory sheets.

2 skeins of Knit Picks Simple Stripes with lovely blues and off-white

2 skeins of Knit Picks Palette in an unbelievable blue called Sky

a skein of Opal sock yarn in a color combination called Rodeo that is orange and rust and grey and cream and a darker grey - exactly captures the feel of the southwest and horses and rodeos and ... I guess I'm gushing a bit over this one! lol

2 skeins of Knit Picks Dancing in fantastic blues and oranges

and a skein of Knit Picks Color Your Own that I plan on having the best time of my knitting life with!

I am awed. And so greatful! And so happy!

Jeep_Girl
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM

What yarn is that? Its loverly but I cant read the label!

And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way she packaged it! :heart:

Ok - the multi color is Tahki Yarns - Cotton Classic Color and the yellow and pink solids are Porto Cervo Cotton!!

She did a great job!!!

I think Ike wanted something to play with that day....

rebecca
06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
:D Nice haul, horve1...:thumbsup:
What do the sock project sheets look like? I'm very curious...I need something llike that.

I'm so busy sending these gifts to all of you...I'm also so happy that you all enjoy my choices :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

horve1
06-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Rebecca - They're these:

http://www.sockamaniac.com/PDF%20Files/Sock%20Project%20Sheet%20Final.pdf

and they look like they have a place for everything you could ever want to know about a sock - and lots I never would have thought of!

I love my Buddy!

Shandeh
06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Where would we all be without Rebecca! THE GREAT YARN SWAP ARTIST!

My Swap Pal is keeping me wondering. Every day, I listen for the mailman to leave a package at my door. If he does, it's usually something I bought on eBay. So, I stand there at the door with my hand on my hip, looking to see if the UPS truck or Fed Ex truck is coming.

Oh well. My pal must be a "by the book" person, so I'll probably get it on the 15th exactly. :lol:

I'm not complaining. I'm enjoying the feeling of anticipation. Kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, waiting for a toy from the cereal company. You know, the ones you had to send in box tops for?

brendajos
06-06-2006, 09:58 PM
well y'all just have to remember that it has to be SHIPPED by the 17th...not RECEIVED! :P

gardenmommy
06-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm stumped on mine! I have a couple clues, and I even printed off the list of everyone participating, and crossed off the ones who didn't fit my very limited clues, but that still leaves about 30 possible pals! :lol:

rebecca
06-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Where would we all be without Rebecca! THE GREAT YARN SWAP ARTIST!

:--- I have sent a lot of incredible :--- things, haven't I :--- ?! Boy...I'm a great gifter to :--- these girls...see how I threw :--- horve1 off by asking for the sock project sheets ;) By the way, thanks, horve...I'm going to use those!
Yep...I'm amazing :---
:--- I wouldn't fib, either :---

Ingrid
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Rebecca, you're just so generous to be sending all these ladies such nice things! ;)

mulene
06-07-2006, 04:01 AM
:roflhard: rebecca! You'd NEVER lie! :rofling:

horve1
06-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Yeah - but remember - Rebecca is someone's Buddy, so one of these times she'll be telling the truth and we'll be so used to not believing her that she'll fool us then, too! Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf......

PS - I love my Buddy!!!

dustinac
06-07-2006, 10:46 AM
:cheering: I'm so glad to see everyone is having such a wonderful time!! :happydance:

rebecca
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
:D Me, too.....it is fun, isn't it :D
I pop over here as soon as I sign on the KH to see if anyone has gotten any new goodies ( :--- from me :rofling: :roflhard: )
And I'm :--- shattered that ya'll aren't :--- believing me :( :--- I would never :--- tell a whopper like this :---

Emeraldcutie
06-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I feel so loved :)
I went to the mail box half expecting to find a normal monthly bill, then what do I find but a very unidentifiable package..lol..Being the smart lady my partner is, she addressed the package both as sender and reciever with my address. :( No hints here.

Inside the bubble wrapped package yielded a fiber trends pattern I have been wanting for a very long time (the felted clogs) Now I can read the posts for that and make my own. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

If that wasn't enough to make my day, there were the cutest little note cards with knitting theme on it.

And last but not least gourmet treats for my kitties. (Whom were going nuts as soon as the wrapper was peeled (you'd think is was cat nip)

I tried to get a picture of the cats enjoying some, but as fast as I could lay the treat down and snap a photo, all you got was a very pink cat tongue and getting rampaged for more. I had to hide the box so that they could have some another time. :)

Thanks Swap Partner, You are great, you really made my day. If this little treat is any indication of the package to come, Iam dying to see it :)

Andrea
06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Cute!!!!

I love those notecards!! My pal used those for mine! :heart:

rebecca
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
:cheering: :cheering: That's so sweet!!! She knows (I meant, I) knows you well, doesn't she (me)?! I really love the kitty treats...great idea :D
Andrea, Kemp has those cards in her store, I just got some ;)...mine have a tank top on them :D

horve1
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
The clogs are great to make. Trust the pattern!!! (I had a hard time doing that at first, but kept repeating that over and over, and they came out very nicely.)

Here's an update of one of my Swap socks - Hey - that's an idea, unless it's already been brought up. Swapping socks we knit for each other... What do you think?

Anyway, also a pic of my latest present from my unbelievable Swap Buddy!

sara_jayne
06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Laura & Horve1 Rebecca is truly spoiling you isn't she??? Everything looks so great! I need to get that clog pattern one of these days :rollseyes:

Emeraldcutie
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh I was ready to jump out of skin when I opened the envelope and seen that pattern. I have a couple of other fibre trends patterns and I loved them. I kept almost buying the pattern on a few different occasions. Then I would do one of those, do I really need them ??? I can't wait to try them out. I have never felted and thats a little scary, but otherwise Iam all set to knit.:)

KellyK
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
OMG, Emerald!! You are gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE that clog pattern! That pattern is like an INVESTMENT! I've made 33 pair now! EVERYONE wants them....

Im just DYIN for my package to show up! I got a hint that it might be by this weekend!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Laura & Horve1 Rebecca is truly spoiling you isn't she??? Everything looks so great!

I certainly :--- am, aren't I?! And, what do u mean, Laura & Horve1...what about the others :--- I've given to :--- ?! We can't forget them :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: Okay, guys...I stop...I won't take your credit any more...I promise :--- :roflhard: :rofling:

Nice yarn porn, horve1...u are racking up, my friend ;) I like that sock pattern, too...I'm gonna have to give it a go :thumbsup:

brendajos
06-07-2006, 10:36 PM
looook what i just found in my e-mail!

The postman cometh.

:verysad: :present: :verysad: :present: :verysad:

DragonTush
06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh man!!! I am getting so excited about all this. I love seeing everyones yarn and pressies! :heart: :heart: :heart:

mintdee
06-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Bren I busted up laughing when I read that! That almost sounds spooky "The postman cometh" dun dun dun

I can't wait to see all of the red heart that my buddy got me. Wonder what colors she got. ;)

jamadian75
06-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Wow horve1!! I think you must have like 6 swap pals - I demand a recount!!!

LOL!!!! Just kidding - those gifts are completely awesome!

Debbie
06-08-2006, 07:09 AM
To everyone who has revealed themselves as my swap pal. You are all the best! And IF by any chance my pal is NOT one of you who has so graciously eased my mind by telling me who you are .... THANK YOU !!

I made a small cell phone/ credit card/ID "billfold" with the purple to go with my NE Ruffel Purse ... (which I don't know how to make a link to Whatcha Knittin). The color is PERFECT !!!!

I can't wait to make the "Night Garden" purse ! Two of my favorite knitting adventures felting and flowers !

By the way, Secret Pal ... I forgot that I grew up saying "Front Room" , too!

mulene
06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
:cheering: nice haul! Love the little purse thing

gardenmommy
06-08-2006, 08:48 AM
:happydance: :happydance: Great stuff everyone! :sunny: :sunny:

I'm getting so anxious! Will it be today mine comes in the mail? :?:

rebecca
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
:cheering: :cheering: I'm loving watching what everyone is getting :cheering: :cheering: I LOVE the Noni purse pattern...too cute :thumbsup:

dustinac
06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
ohhh the Noni bag pattern is so cute!! I have a thing for bag patterns ok I just have a thing for handbags doesn't matter.. or is it purses or pocketbook??

Shandeh
06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
My turn! My turn!

Today, I didn't see a package at the door, so I went to the mailbox to get all my bills. :( PLUS, I had to roll the trashcan back to the house since they picked up our trash today.

:) BUT! :)

When I opened the mailbox, there was a package ALL STUFFED IN THE BOX!
:present:

My face lit up, and I started singing, "Yippee! My package is here!"
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Jumping up and down as I walked back to the house (the trash can long forgotten by now), I'm surprised I made it in the house before ripping open the package!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My yarn swap pal is such a sweetie! I now am the proud owner of 3 lovely soft skeins of Patons Lacette, as well as a cute knitting notebook. Life is good!

So, for those of you that know me, you KNOW that I spent the last 2 hours scouring the internet for a pattern for that yarn. I'm thinking about making a shawl. I'm so happy! :mrgreen:

I've posted two photos of my goodies. One with no flash, one with flash. You can see the shimmer of the yarn better in one, and the color in the other.

sara_jayne
06-09-2006, 02:07 PM

You got my oh I mean Rebecca's gift!

Looks great!!!!!!

Now go get the trash can! ;)

horve1
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
That looks like lovely yarn. Is it as soft as it looks?

rebecca
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM

You got my oh I mean Rebecca's gift!

Looks great!!!!!!

Now go get the trash can! ;)

yeah, baby, we ARE generous :thumbsup:

It's stunning...I love it! The notebook is a great idea, too :thumbsup: YAY for you!! LOL, I'm stalking the mailman, too!! I got some yummy WICK yarn today, but I had ordered if from TheKnitter for my gd's short snort tank...it's very yummilicious, too....LOVE IT :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
That looks like lovely yarn. Is it as soft as it looks?

Yes it is! Nice and fluffy too - I'm looking forward to working with it!

rebecca
06-10-2006, 10:24 PM
This is an unusual day...LOL, I've gotten used to reading about someones gift that they've received! :D I need my yarn porn fix :rofling: :roflhard:

mks22300
06-10-2006, 10:35 PM
You're right Rebecca, it has been very quiet here today!

carollovesyarn
06-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I was napping - what'd I miss??? ;)

All quiet here too. No KIP event. No yarn in the mail. I went out early to get the next installment for my quilt block of the month, came back to the porcelain salt & pepper pigs I won on ebay. Yes, that was the high point of my day - porcelain porcines :D Couldn't even go to my lys because she doesn't open until 10:30 and I was done by then.

gardenmommy
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Well I got an e-card from my yarn swap pal to be watching out for Mr. UPS...woo hoo can't wait! Love them big brown trucks! LOL

Shandeh
06-10-2006, 11:21 PM
It was quiet in my neck of the woods too. My husband took me to breakfast this morning, then we went to our local discount bookstore, then came back home. We had some "quiet time" together :eyebrow: , then had lunch. In the afternoon, it started getting very stormy outside, so I spent the late afternoon organizing my craft room.

Oh! And I just started knitting a pair of socks with some Trekking XXL yarn. :X:

It was a good day. :sunny:

Maybe we'll see some more yarn swap photos on Monday evening!

dustinac
06-11-2006, 10:21 AM
We had some "quiet time" together :eyebrow: , then had lunch.

:rofling: :roflhard: I love the yarn you recieved have you picked out the perfect pattern for it? was it a shawl? :cheering:

Shandeh
06-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I still haven't decided what I'm going to make. I found one pattern that uses Patons Lacette in my last issue of Creative Knitting, but it was crochet. Bummer.

I'll need to spend about an hour or so looking through my pattern books first. I found some patterns on the internet the other day, but I want to see all my options. I KNOW I'll find something perfect for it! ;)

catownedanna
06-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Oooohhhh, I just realized that the rules state for us to have our packages sent by the 17th... I thought we were supposed to be recieving our packages by the 17th...

*sigh* I was looking forward to a package this week and now I might have to wait even loooonger. :(

Andrea
06-12-2006, 04:24 AM
My SP sent me an email that is making me VERY EXCITED to get the next round!! And here's my "hint"... :??

rebecca
06-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Donna Karan?! :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

DragonTush
06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I was hoping for more yarn porn. :thinking:

Andrea, aren't I a...er...isn't your SP a tease?

HollyP
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
This is fun!!!
dk :thinking:
don't knit :shock:
dumb kangaroo
darn kite
double karate
dancing kelly
disgusting kool-aid
davinci's key
durable kids
drowning king

or of course the more obvious
double knitting

:rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

edited for horrific spelling or should I say hs

Andrea
06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

KellyK
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
They way that pic is a smidge blurry, its kinda SKEEEERY! In a BLAIR WITCH sort of way!

How about:

Dont Know??

Andrea
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
She also says she wants to see my face when I open it!! This is going to be gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! :cheering: :happydance:

brendajos
06-12-2006, 06:23 PM
aaaah look at the pretties I got! My swap partner was more than just a little generous! I think she has a good idea of my favoritist color types. The one is a very sunset-y looking combo and the other is very autumnal like i think. They are just gorgeous and i can't wait to get a chance to play with them. what to do...what to do... :thinking:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/06-12-06_1714.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/06-12-06_1709.jpg

rebecca
06-12-2006, 06:30 PM
:D WOW....nice score, my friend :thumbsup: What yummilicious yarn you have ;)

KellyK
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
OOOH! GGH Safari is AWESOME! GORGEOUS colors!

Alas, my mailbox contained no packages today.... :verysad:

brendajos
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
btw...yes that is the parking lot that i was parked in when i was opening the box. there was no way i was going to be able to wait until i got home to open that box!...lol

gardenmommy
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Wow, that's beauteous stuff brendajos!

No Mr. Brown stopping here today either :verysad: ...maybe I can talk my swap buddy into giving me tracking info minus the city of origin, although I can't remember where anybody is from now!

Shandeh
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Brenda, you're a lucky lady! That yarn looks awesome!

mintdee
06-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Bren that stuff is beautiful! The more pretties that i see the more anxious I get to see a package on my doorstep. They need a jittery Emoticon. :roflhard:

gardenmommy
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/gardenmommy/colored.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/gardenmommy/hyper.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/gardenmommy/roll.gif

javede
06-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh, that yarn is yummy! I've been eyeing the multi-colored Safari every time I enter the yarn shop, but apart from scarves/shawls I haven't come up with a pattern idea(which I according to my yarn buying guidlines need :thinking: )

CarmenIbanez
06-13-2006, 02:51 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG!

It is the best and worst of both worlds! My package arrived from my secret pal and I am NOT THERE to have it! WAAAAAAAAH.

However, I made my hubby unpack every little piece! (it says it's 100% baby AL-PA.... is that Sa or Ka he asks me!) And it is some kind of light/lime green, my favorite!!! I can't wait to get home on Wednesday and see it. How will I EVER wait???

:cheering: :verysad: :cheering: :verysad:

I am just TORN with emotion!

horve1
06-13-2006, 07:18 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Beautiful! Can't wait to see what it turns into!!!

mulene
06-13-2006, 07:51 AM
:cheering: :cheering: YAY my yarn buddy is the roxxor!

Couple of days ago she mailed me to say "look out for the post" - I expected to wait another week or so and was so busy I didn't get to reply to say "will do" and respond to an earlier email too.

Anyway, yesterday I ordered some cotton yarn from ebay (4 packs - 3 of one kind one of another) and today it arrived. However, there was also a gorgeous purple envelope from the USA. I ripped it open to find two skeins of the most beautiful deep red Alpaca Silk by Debbie Bliss. It is the softest softest thing I've ever felt. AND it doesn't have that strong smell that many silk yarns have - I'm so happy. Also enclosed was this darling little key chain from Lantern Moon of a sweater.

It's fabulous, I'm so excited and can't wait to get stuck in with it. I'm 99.999% sure that I'm going to use it to make the Lacey Scarf (see pattern central) that was the one from Webs before they re-jigged the site. It is perfect for that!

I will take photos tonight when I get home =D

:heart: :heart: :heart: THANK YOU MY WONDERFUL SECRET YARN PAL :heart: :heart: :heart:

Debbie
06-13-2006, 08:29 AM
I love seeing everyone's stuff ... or should I say "stash". It is all so pretty and exciting and fun!

By the way, I am making a very cool thank you gift for my pal, so, pal .... tell me who you are so I can thank you properly.

mintdee
06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Hehe Debbie you are way sneaky. ;)

dustinac
06-13-2006, 10:45 AM
By the way, I am making a very cool thank you gift for my pal, so, pal .... tell me who you are so I can thank you properly.

:roflhard: :rofling: I am too!!!

So nice to see/read about everyone's new yarn!! I got an e-mail letting me know to watch my mail too.. so now this means I'll be stalking my post man till he brings it!! ;)

mulene
06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
hehe this is so great - can't wait to get home and take pics! I've been cuddling the yarn this afternoon - went to sit on the balcony at work and knit some more at lunch while cuddling this beautiful alpaca silk.

Do I have to make something with it? Really? Can I just cuddle it forever - its so beautiful and soft =D

I thought the angora cotton I'm making Bombshell with was soft but boy this stuff is like fluffy little clouds. It is so luxurious! I've never ever knitted with anything like this, can't wait to try it. I'm going to have to knit like a demon to finish Bombshell so I can use this =D

:happydance:

rebecca
06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
:cheering: :cheering: YAY, I can't wait to see the yarn porn shots from you guys!!! LOL, I, too, am stalking the mailman ;)

HollyP
06-13-2006, 03:45 PM
I got my package this morning!!!! It was like a chirstmas stocking full of goodies!!
I don't have a digital camera( shocking I know... I am working on it)

This is the yarn, same color and everything (http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/deptpage.asp?title=ROYAL+BAMBOO&subject=U43.L188&catpos=18) my wonderful pal sent me. I love :inlove: it. It is soooo soft. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet . So many choices! I can't wait to knit with it!

Thanks again to my secret pal!!!!!!! You are the best! :thumbsup:

rebecca
06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
:D Holly, how wonderful!!! I LOVE bamboo yarn, I've not knit with the one that you have, I use SWTC Bamboo...it's so soft and drapey...love it.
I also love the color!!!! Nice score, my friend :D

Sara
06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I got a package! It's beautiful and soft. It's something I would have chosen myself. The colors will look great on me. My pal was sweet and wound it for me. It's gorgeous! :inlove: :inlove:

If only I knew what it was, there was no tag included. :lol: Anybody want to guess? It's spun like Brown Sheep, but I think it's softer. I've never seen it before, but I WUV it! :heart:

So, secret pal, if you read this, can you email me to tell me what it is and how many yards per skein? Thanks ever so much!!

(My photo is substandard, but only one of them made it from my cell phone to my email account. :doh: )

horve1
06-13-2006, 05:18 PM
I am loving all the yarnporn pics!
Holly - I used that yarn (different colors) to make a little bag that is perfect for toting small projects (like socks) around in. It is wonderfully soft yarn, and I still think it's neat that it's bamboo. Surprises everyone I show it to.
Sara - pretty colors - yummy!

carollovesyarn
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Holly - you scored! Beautiful color! I can't wait to see wht you make with it.

Sara- what neat looking yarn! Looks like you got plenty to do a really great project.

Deeknit
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
Jeep_Girl
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing
IrishBaby

Okay how many of you have received your first package? Have we truly seen everybodies yarn porn?. I know the date to mail isnt' until JUn 17th, but I'm jealous. I'm sure mine is on its way. :)

rebecca
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
:D :heart: Love, :heart: love, :heart: love that yarn, Sara...GORGEOUS!!
Deeknit, I've not received my yet...LOL, you are correct, they don't need to be mailed until the 17th ;)

KellyK
06-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh, so SAD is the lonely, empty mailbox... :verysad:

carollovesyarn
06-13-2006, 07:29 PM
ok- I went back through the posts and the ones in blue still have yet to receive their packages, at least as far as I was able to tell. 34 have gotten their packages.

edited 6/24 12:18 am pst

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Catownedanna
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
Jeep_Girl
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
ToastKing
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle

IrishBaby

Cristy
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I haven't received anything...:( I'm kind of sad b/c my person has emailed me, sent me a snail mail card and an E-card--I would have sworn I'd have gotten something by now. I'm not sad at her...just sad b/c I WANT IT SO BAD....and I"m jealous of everyone else's yarn!!!!)

I didn't realize we were still posting on this thread--I kept looking for people to post pics in the general section (DUH!!!!)

gardenmommy
06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I was able to squeeze out of my secret pal that UPS is on track to come to my driveway on WEDNESDAY! :happydance: :happydance:

mulene
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
No yarn porn tonight.. its 1am and I just got home. Am cross eyed and tired =P Yarn porn tomorrow night my time I promise =D

catownedanna
06-14-2006, 02:54 AM
I came home yesterday to find this big padded envelope in the mailbox. I found myself doing a happy dance when taking it out. :balloons:

...only to realize that it wasn't for me, but for my BF... :verysad:

KellyK
06-14-2006, 07:45 AM
:rofling: Poor Anna! :rofling:

And, my POOR SP! She mailed my package (at the post office where they calculated the postage FOR her, mind you) and then it was returned to her for more postage! :(

dustinac
06-14-2006, 08:47 AM
:cheering: Such pretty yarn everyone is getting.. I waited for the mail man to come yesterday.. jumped up and down when I seen his green suv turn the corner.. then sadness as he just stopped at my mailbox and didn't make his way up my long lonely drive... maybe today he will drive up to the house with my box of yarn... :cheering:

gimmesanity
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
lol, I'm such a dork...
So, the UPS man just came and dropped off a package - addressed to ME!!!! I thought for SURE that it was my KH buddy. I got out my camera and took pics of the package before opening. I ripped into the bag and found....

the bathing suit I ordered from Vicky's last week. :doh:

KellyK
06-14-2006, 03:43 PM

carollovesyarn
06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
lol, I'm such a dork...
So, the UPS man just came and dropped off a package - addressed to ME!!!! I thought for SURE that it was my KH buddy. I got out my camera and took pics of the package before opening. I ripped into the bag and found....

the bathing suit I ordered from Vicky's last week. :doh:
What, no pics???? :rofling:

mulene
06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
:cheering: and here is the pic of two fluffy clouds called Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk ;) and the super cute key chain of course!

So soft, so lovely. THANK YOU MY SECRET SWAP PAL :heart:

err the pic didn't attach! ahaaaa there it is ;)

Cristy
06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
nice score Mulene!

rebecca
06-14-2006, 08:17 PM
:D YUMMILICIOUSNESS going on there, Mulene...nice score :thumbsup:

carollovesyarn
06-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice! That keychain is so cute! What're you going to make with the yarn?

mulene
06-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice! That keychain is so cute! What're you going to make with the yarn?

I *think* that I'm going to use it to make this lacey scarf (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=279)

I started to make it in a fingering weight cashmere cone I had but I'm totally not sure this stuff is even cashmere. I mean cashmere is meant to be soft and gorgeous right? This stuff isn't soft and I'm sure the needles I'm using are way too big. I decided to keep going with it (though it's on hold for the KWC project) and see what it is like when it has been washed to "bloom."

I was looking for a better substitute to make that scarf and then my pal sent me this ;) I think she read my mind =D

KellyK
06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
OH! I just wanna bury my FACE in that yarn!!! And that keychain has to be the CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN EVER!!!!!

mks22300
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Your yarn looks so soft, mulene and that key chain is the cutest!!

Jeep_Girl
06-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Everyone is getting wonderful things!!! :cheering:

rebecca
06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
neener, neener, neener....I know who Mulene's pal is....neener, neener, neener....this time, it's not even me :rofling: :roflhard:

mintdee
06-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Rebecca! No teasing the clueless! ;)

That stuff looks great! My poor mailman must think I am insane I keep peeking out the window when he delievers mail. I know that he can see me too. :shifty:

brendajos
06-15-2006, 12:22 AM
:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Miz Sandra are you going to be able to do an LYS crawl Saturday?

mulene
06-15-2006, 05:04 AM
neener, neener, neener....I know who Mulene's pal is....neener, neener, neener....this time, it's not even me :rofling: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: what not even an :--- !

Oh and my dear pal - I forgot to say.. the postie put inked stamps all over your signature so there was no way I was going to be able to make that out LOL

dustinac
06-15-2006, 08:10 AM
:inlove: ohh that yarn is so pretty!! love the color!! the key chain is so cute :thumbsup:

gardenmommy
06-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Pictures! Mr. Brown came through on Wednesday!

I have the most wonderful SYSP! And I'm still stumped as to who it is!

I received a skein of wonderfully soft Plymouth Dreambaby DK in pastel pinks, yellows, and purples (it's saying "baby shrug" to me!) and four skeins of Paton's Bumblebee baby cotton! Plus two patterns she thought I'd like (and she's right!) for a baby hat and a knitted rose pin, and I can't believe I didn't see them right away when I opened my package last night but not until this morning when I went to take a picture of my yarn, but some GORGEOUS stitch markers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/gardenmommy/DSCN1458.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/gardenmommy/DSCN1457.jpg

sara_jayne
06-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Everything is beautiful!

rebecca
06-15-2006, 10:53 AM

That's right...bc I DO know who your gift giver is :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: And, it's not me this time :thumbsup:

Yummy, Kristen, love the colors :cheering: :cheering: and your st markers are GORGEOUS!!!!!

KellyK
06-15-2006, 10:54 AM
NICE HAUL!!!!!

mulene
06-15-2006, 11:05 AM

That's right...bc I DO know who your gift giver is :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: And, it's not me this time :thumbsup:

Yummy, Kristen, love the colors :cheering: :cheering: and your st markers are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Uhh huh - you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? ;)

Nice haul there gardenmommy!

rebecca
06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
:D Yeah....LOL.....but, I still know...didn't say that I sent this gift, but that I know who did ;) :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

brendajos
06-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Okay Ladies...... :thumbsup: We are TWO days away from M-Day....(mail day) Everybody needs to have their package in the mail by Saturday. If you are going to be late for some reason please let us know!

sara_jayne
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
BRENNNN!!!!!!!!

why does it say check page 54? :?? silly girl there is no page 54 (or will there be something special on that page????? ;) ;)

brendajos
06-15-2006, 01:39 PM
BRENNNN!!!!!!!!

why does it say check page 54? :?? silly girl there is no page 54 (or will there be something special on that page????? ;) ;)

LOL probably really good pics. i just came back to look at it and did one of these... :?? ...when i saw it too. i KNEW i checked to see what page was the last and that it was page 49...and yet...

that's what i get for trying to do too many things at once! :rollseyes:

sara_jayne
06-15-2006, 02:04 PM
its okay. go pet your new yarn. it will make everything better.

better yet go buy more yarn.

yeah, that's it!

;)

dustinac
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
:happydance: lookeeee what I got :cheering:
Its ashford tekapo and the purple color is sooo pretty :inlove: and then I got the note cards I've been eyeing but hadn't bought yet :happydance: My yarn pal rocks :cheering: Now I'm off to find a pattern although I really should finish my other wips first :thinking: :shock: nah.... :lol:

mks22300
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I got an email from my buddy telling to watch my mailbox! Yippee :cheering:

Everyone is getting such lovely things!

gimmesanity
06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Does anyone here know how to make buttons? How about we make a button for those of us who have blogs?

Friskums
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Does anyone here know how to make buttons? How about we make a button for those of us who have blogs?
Here's my contribution:http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/yarnswapbutton.jpg

rebecca
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Nice haul, dusti :D .......YUMMY :D

rebecca
06-15-2006, 10:38 PM

I'm very, very, very new to blogging and buttons and whatnot, but I did play around with these:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/khyarnswapbuttonagain.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/khyarnswapbutton.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/khyarnswap.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/jpegforkh.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/tileforkh.jpg

gimmesanity
06-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Yay, buttons!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Y'all rock. thanks!

mulene
06-16-2006, 04:24 AM
nice score Dustin!

Ooh buttons - I like!

Cristy
06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
My buddy just emailed me to say I should have my package soon--maybe by Monday! YIPPIE!!!! :)

HollyP
06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Oooh everyone is getting such nice yarn :inlove: ! I just want to pet all of it. I knew this swap would be bad for my yarn budget- I want to buy everything that is posted!! :lol:

This is a little of topic but what digtal cameras do you all have?? I have been looking for one but am just not sure which to buy. Any suggestions either way? Thanks!

dustinac
06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
This is a little of topic but what digtal cameras do you all have?? I have been looking for one but am just not sure which to buy. Any suggestions either way? Thanks!

I have a kodak easy share and I really do love it...I think it does a wonderful job and then when I got mine they had a deal on the printer dock so I got it.. makes it handy when I'm home which is often.. I can print out photos right there for my family which they love cause they don't have to wait for me to remeber once I get home.. :rofling:

I did see a tv commercial for the Canon Rebel K2 which I want but its really really out of my price range. .esp. when mine works so good... :rofling: dh said no :verysad:

sara_jayne
06-16-2006, 10:43 AM
I have a Kodak too - I don't have the docking station for this one but I did for an older one and I loved it. There are lots of great point and shoot cameras available! (But I vote Kodak all the way - I've loved all my kodak cameras! and not just because my dad works for Kodak)

rebecca
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
:D I have a hp M305 and NikonCoolpix 4500....but, Lonnie is getting a DSLR for us...yeah, baby :thumbsup:

CarmenIbanez
06-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I have a rockin' sony digital camera with a super fancy lens. I probably wouldn't have bought something so fancy, but it was my dad's and we got it when he bought his new one.